Profile for A. Smith > Reviews

Content by A. Smith

A. Smith "Angelanorfolk" (Norfolk UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Bee Health Propolis Lozenges 114 g Pack of 2
Bee Health Propolis Lozenges 114 g Pack of 2
Offered by Verdure Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely efficacious, 21 Jun. 2016
These lozenges are a fantastic help for anyone who has reflux problems, hoarse voice, sore throat, cold etc. We buy them regularly and buying in a pack and larger quantity makes for very good value. Will be buying more in the future.

Don't You Cry: Free Sample
Don't You Cry: Free Sample

1.0 out of 5 stars Short extract NOT a full novel, 21 Jun. 2016
When it said 'free sample book' I thought it was a full novel and not just a short extract of beginning of novel, therefore I downloaded it by mistake. I do not read short extracts of anything - I prefer to read the whole book - therefore I cannot truthfully give my opinion on this author. Hence the one star - sorry.

A.Vogel Uva Ursi Complex - 50ml
A.Vogel Uva Ursi Complex - 50ml
Offered by Nutrisun

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy bladder, 20 Jun. 2016
This is a brilliant product for keeping your bladder healthy and for anyone who suffers from cystitis. Read the instructions carefully and do not overuse.

Gerber Blades Dime Micro Tool Red, Boxed
Gerber Blades Dime Micro Tool Red, Boxed
Offered by Asaz Enterprises Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy present, 19 Jun. 2016
Bought as a 70th birthday present. Think it was much appreciated.

Wild Irish Heart (The Mystic Cove Series Book 1)
Wild Irish Heart (The Mystic Cove Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!!, 19 Jun. 2016
Oh dear! I might have known that a free book would not be the best read ever, but I didn't expect a poorly written 'Mills and Boon' copy! This author and her editor have done hardly any research or corrections to basic facts. To say that Bulmer's cider is local to Southern Ireland is ridiculous - it originates and is brewed in Hereford, England. Also to refer to the 'local Chardonnay wine' from the same area of Ireland as being very good stretches credulity. Why would an Irish restaurant use American Mason jars as candle holders when they have UK jam jars - and why mention this product several times in the book? And I suggest Ms O'Malley goes to Wikipedia for information on Harp lager! The language throughout is pseudo American-Irish.
Those irritations apart the writing is that of a teenager who hasn't grasped the basics of over-repetition, too many adjectives in one sentence, lack of depth to the characters and no continuity of plot. 'Keelin' the much-mentioned central character of the book travels from Boston USA to her mother's native home in Southern Ireland when she receives a parcel that leads her to believe her grandmother is dead and she has inherited her property. This loose end is never tied up. The fact that a good author could have written a decent novel around the plot of inheriting healing powers from ones forebears is there to be seen - sadly this book was unconvincing.
I did finish the book - albeit by 'skip-reading' - so that I could write this review. It was definitely not for me, and from the other reviews I have read not for quite a few, however, if you like sickly, unrealistic love stories, characters with no depth and unbelievable plot lines then this and the following books in the series might be for you. I personally will not be reading this author again.

The One I Was
The One I Was

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 16 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The One I Was (Kindle Edition)
Such a beautifully written book set in a period of history I find captivating. Such a cruel time and yet a time of heroic survival. Most of the characters are believable but the plot sometimes wanders off. It's a reminder of just how cruel man can be to man and why Kindertransport was necessary to save the few that it did and how grateful most of them were. However, this is about one girl and her search to find answers - her journey is worth reading about.

Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye (The Redcliffe Sisters)
Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye (The Redcliffe Sisters)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 16 Jun. 2016
The story of three sisters, all very different in character, and how their lives are affected by the happenings of Spanish Civil war and lead up to WWll.
It was easy to like one sister, not care too much for another and dislike the third - however as I read into the story my opinion started to change somewhat. It is very well written, easy to read and I found myself not able to put it down at times. I look forward to reading the second book in the series to see what happens to these three young women set in an era of history that fascinates me. I will also definitely be reading more by Marius Gabriel. PS Any young person studying history from 1930s onward would find this useful.

Excite Clothing Women's Plusslouch Plain Sleeveless Tops, Blue (Navy), 20
Excite Clothing Women's Plusslouch Plain Sleeveless Tops, Blue (Navy), 20
Offered by Easy buyy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 16 Jun. 2016
This swing top was a lovely surprise! Unlike others I have bought from Amazon market place it is hemmed and good material that doesn't creased. Very pleased with it and hope to buy in other colours.

Ladies Flared Hanky Hem Vest Top Womens Raw Edge Ruched Slouch Tunic Top 8-26 (XXL (UK 20-22), White)
Offered by Justshopin

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value!, 16 Jun. 2016

iTALKonline PadWear BLACK Executive BOOK Wallet Case Cover Shield Slot for Amazon Kindle 4 (4G) Global Wireless 3G 6" 6 inch 2011 Model
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 14 Jun. 2016
We bought two of these (one black one purple - see purple review too).
Having previously used hessian covers for our kindles which were very comfortable to hold (and not wanting to use leather covers) we wondered how these would feel. We are not disappointed as they quite acceptable to hold for long periods of time (both avid readers). They do not feel 'plastic'. Our kindles are 5 years old so we are pleased to find covers to fit them. The black one was fine to put the kindle into without any struggle but the purple one was a little tight and needed strong hands to get it into place. However that apart we are very pleased and feel we have value for money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17