Profile for chloelou > Reviews

Content by chloelou

chloelou

Poetic KeyBook Removable Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad Mini Red (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function) (3 Year Warranty from Poetic)
Offered by Smart Shop Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, good price, but wears quickly, 27 Dec. 2013
I have had this case for around a year now. While it looks good at first and has good functionality, the case has worn very quickly and is falling apart. Quite disappointed as I really loved it at first.

Formulation in Psychology and Psychotherapy
Formulation in Psychology and Psychotherapy
by Lucy Johnstone

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant introduction to formulation, 27 Dec. 2013
This book has been invaluable to me as a first-year trainee clinical psychologist. It gives a brilliant introduction to the concept of formulation for psychological difficulties. It has really helped me to better understand formulation from the perspective of different theoretical orientations and therapeutic modalities. Wouldn't be without it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2015 11:00 AM BST

HD Brows - Eye and brow palette - VAMP
HD Brows - Eye and brow palette - VAMP

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely set, but did prefer the older larger pallete, 27 Dec. 2013
I bought this for my mum for Christmas - she loved it. The pigment is rich and they work really well for eyebrows and as eyeshadows. However, I personally preferred the older HD Brows pallete that included more colours.

Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
by Jamie Oliver

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice recipes but take longer than 15 minutes, 26 Dec. 2012
Nice book with clear layout and lovely recipes but they definitely take longer to make than 15 minutes. If you want new meal ideas and aren't so bothered about a time limit (they are quick and uncomplicated, but you are looking at 30-40 mins rather than 15), then this book is for you.

Anna Sui Paper Dolly Parade: Notecard Set
Anna Sui Paper Dolly Parade: Notecard Set
by Anna Sui
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute!, 26 Dec. 2012
Got these in my Christmas stocking and they are SO cute! I am using them to write all my thank-you notes. Would absolutely recommend.

Soft & Comfortable Sponge Hair Curlers - Hearts
Soft & Comfortable Sponge Hair Curlers - Hearts
Offered by BuySend

2.0 out of 5 stars cute idea but pulls out my hair!, 14 Dec. 2012
These rollers are a cute idea and they are so comfy to sleep in. But, they don't hold very much hair per roller, they pull at your hair (when I unrolled a roller a big chunk of my hair was left wrapped around the centre!) and I didn't find the curl particularly nice either. Such a shame.

Laura's Handmade Life
Laura's Handmade Life
by Amanda Addison

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped, 23 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Laura's Handmade Life (Paperback)
Not a terrible book, but no where near what I was expecting. It just kinds of drags on with no discernible plot line. I couldn't even say it was a good, light-hearted bit of chick-lit... just a bit of boring nothing really.

All Sewn Up - 35 exquisite projects using applique, embroidery, and more
All Sewn Up - 35 exquisite projects using applique, embroidery, and more
by Chloe Owens

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite craft book!, 22 Feb. 2012
This book is a breath of fresh air! Full of gorgeous projects... it's the first sewing/craft book I own in which I want to make all of the projects. Chloe Owen's demystifies machine embroidery and makes it seem fun rather than scary. I can't wait to start making!

Everything Alice: the Wonderland Book of Makes
Everything Alice: the Wonderland Book of Makes
by Hannah Read-Baldrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming!, 5 Jan. 2012
The most gorgeous, charming, sweet little book full of all sorts of crafts to keep you busy. As a lover of handmade and even bigger lover of Alice in Wonderland, this book was perfect for me!