Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Corrections
The Corrections
by Jonathan Franzen

4.0 out of 5 stars Well told story and very good personal insights to characters, 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Corrections (Paperback)
Probably lost some of it's power as I read it nearly ten years after it came out but I was still very impressed with it. Well told story and very good personal insights to characters.

Independence Day
Independence Day
by Richard Ford

4.0 out of 5 stars I thought this was a very good sequel of sorts to 'The Sportswriter, 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Independence Day (Paperback)
I thought this was a very good sequel of sorts to 'The Sportswriter.' Frank Bascome is an engaging character and the story is well written and arced. Some very funny stuff and some very serious stuff expertly crafted.

Blasphemers and Blackguards: The Irish Hellfire Clubs
Blasphemers and Blackguards: The Irish Hellfire Clubs

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 29 Oct. 2014
Some good information here on the period but information on the hellfire club us speculative at best despite the extensive research done b the author. Worth reading and interesting.

A Passing Curse
A Passing Curse

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars without a doubt, 2 May 2014
This review is from: A Passing Curse (Kindle Edition)
I decided to give this book 5 stars because I could not put it down. I just love love love this return to vampires who are baddies and where there is a good strong detective story involved.
Passing Curse is one heck of a read. The characters and storyline held me spellbound from the very start. There where lots of twists and turns and heaps of tense fear that left you wanting more. I'm not going to give anything away to anyone so,if you want to know more and believe me you will, then buy the book.
I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good vampire story, or if you just like a good detective story. I truly believe that we have an up and coming star in Mr. Trolson. I really look forward to his next novel

Dangerous Illusions
Dangerous Illusions

4.0 out of 5 stars Elegant prose with a message about our capitalistic world, 5 Mar. 2014
Gabriele has created an intelligent story of fiction that show the corruption of the society we live in, with the rich hiding the truth about capitalism. It's more a remark on the world we live in today that a typical thriller.
For those who like elegant prose, this is a must. For those who want a tense thriller, it might not be your cup of tea, but it's still a good read.

Ralph Pincus, Occultist Extraordinaire Book 1: The Introductions
Ralph Pincus, Occultist Extraordinaire Book 1: The Introductions

2.0 out of 5 stars Weird and bizarre – time to read the next one?, 4 Mar. 2014
Weird , bizarre, slightly distasteful, and quite a difficult story to follow. Despite all ofthis, I have a strange and inexplicable desire to read the next volume. How strange is that?

The Black Pelican
The Black Pelican

5.0 out of 5 stars Inventive storytelling, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Black Pelican (Kindle Edition)
Babenko's novels are addictive and highly inventive. Vitus as much as the Black Pelican is an enigmatic main character who keeps you wondering well after you have finished the book. Highly enjoyable.

Imperial Glory (PC DVD)
Imperial Glory (PC DVD)
Offered by John Seth Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Great battles, 5 Feb. 2014
Great battles but not great game play in this game. Enjoyed historical setting but would rather much more advanced battle options than present here

Pro Cycling Manager (PC)
Pro Cycling Manager (PC)
Offered by APE-GAMES

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 5 Feb. 2014
Not as good as it could have been but ok. Hard to get to grips with at first but can be enjoyable

French Revolutions: Cycling the Tour de France
French Revolutions: Cycling the Tour de France
by Tim Moore

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 5 Feb. 2014
But not amazing. I enjoyed parts but I was able to put the book down for along time between reading and this is not a great sign in my book

Page: 1 | 2 | 3