Profile for Mel Mo > Reviews

The Sensible Girl's Guide to Emigrating Elegantly
by Sally Corner
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything a girl needs to know about emigrating, 3 Mar 2012
This book has only arrived at my door today and i am already loving it, so much so that i wanted to post something right now. I have been planning to move to Oz for a while now, and we have recently put a date to our plans. I was starting to feel stressed and not really knowing why, it should be a happy time once the planning starts surely. Well yes it is but after reading the 1st few chapters I already understand why I have been feeling a little stressed about moving and its great to hear that its normal. This book gives some great insight into why us girls can get emotional about the move, even though its not going to be next week. If you are thinking of leaving your mother land or have made the decision and need help and support with this, this book is amazing, especially when people around you cant quite understand how you are feeling.
I would like to say a massive thank you to Sally for putting pen to paper and taking some of the stress away in the first few pages alone. Would i recommend this book, yes i recommend you don't leave the country without getting this book. I have never felt more understood when it comes the emotions running through my mind in planning a big move. I cant wait to get further into the book and can now see what i need to do to get my head around it.
Other than the emotional side of things this book also has some great hints and tips of what we need to plan for, and how to get the most of the much needed planning. i am a girl that loves a list and Sally seems to have that all sorted too.
A book that will hopefully help us be practical and allow us to be a little girly too.