Profile for Vannessa > Reviews

Content by Vannessa

Vannessa

Taunting the Dead (The DS Allie Shenton Trilogy Book 1)
Taunting the Dead (The DS Allie Shenton Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good detective story, 2 Jun. 2014
It was engaging right from the start. The characters were a mix of tv baddies stereotypes and the good people you want to champion. I couldn't wait to get to the end to finally see how Allow tied everything together. Thanks for keeping me enthralled.

On the Moon (Usborne Picture Books)
On the Moon (Usborne Picture Books)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparked my daughter's interest in the moon and outer space, 4 Mar. 2014
Worked brilliantly as a bedtime book. We loved the idea of flying to the moon one day. Lovely. Will buy more books.

Stormy Weather: A Novel: Are You Dreaming Now?
Stormy Weather: A Novel: Are You Dreaming Now?

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing read, 26 Feb. 2014
Enjoyed every minute of the book as it was joyful to move in and out of the dream world with Dr Munro. One of the quotes intrigued me - could I justify if I were in a dream or awake! What makes your waking moments more real than a dream?

Slated (Slated Trilogy Book 1)
Slated (Slated Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Riverting read, 22 Dec. 2013
I love the modern day twist of brainwashing for societal needs & how the events this century have influenced the frighteningly draconian society of slaters. I'm looking forward to fractured.

The Detective's Daughter
The Detective's Daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars Built up to an exciting climax, 23 Aug. 2013
It took a few chapters to get into the story & different narrators. Enjoyed the intertwining of the characters & murder. Sarah got on my nerves at times. Jack was an eerie character I grew to like. Thanks for the book Lesley.

Winter in Madrid
Winter in Madrid

4.0 out of 5 stars History of Spain, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Winter in Madrid (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this historical fiction of a country I know little about. Though some parts of the plot may be predictable,it did not take awAy my enjoyment of the book. An interesting read.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed every minute of it, 23 April 2013
An entertaining book of the human mind, it's twist and turns, that makes us beings in flux. Arnold's journey, though not new in the publishing world, is an interesting insight to the development of his character.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars A good fun read of historical events!!!, 14 Feb. 2013
I'm so pleased to have purchased this book.100 years of ironical fun through the pages. Thanks for a "different" voice, a murder chase and a look at how our world has evolved with the fun taken out of it.