Profile for Rebecca K. Godridge > Reviews

Content by Rebecca K. God...

Rebecca K. Godridge "rkg_15" (UK)

Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere v2 Black Dock for iPod and iPhone
Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere v2 Black Dock for iPod and iPhone
Offered by tablet_books
Price: 140.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and Brilliant Sound!!!, 8 Aug 2010
I bought these Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere v2) for iPod and iPhone in Black because they came recommended by a friend. They were dispatched very quickly and they are of excellent quality.

The remote control does work with an iPhone as well as an iPod, which is a bonus. The travel case fits the speaker unit as well as the power lead which makes is a nice simple package to transport.

As other reviewers have pointed out, the speakers loose their edge when playing classical music, but when you bear in mind that these are essentially travel speakers then you can overlook that. For extensive classical music listening you are better off using your main stereo system.

In short, well worth the money!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and a Good Price, 31 Jan 2010
I had spent a long time looking at covers for my iPhone (I have an iPhone 3G). I decided on a silicone one, but then the options are endless. I had to decide over aesthetics and cost. Knowing friends who have had a lot of issues with silicone covers and them stretching around the base of the phone, I opted for the cheap option.

I was not dissapointed. The cover appears well made and although the power and volume buttons are hidden by the cover, the areas are slightly raised and so the buttons can still be used. As first thought, the area where it will most likley stretch is at the bottom of the phone, but as this item only cost me a few pounds I am happy to keep paying that amount!!

For those interested in appearance looking at the base of the phone, you can see some white silicone as the inside of the cover is white. This does not bother me, but may influence some people.

My cover also came with a screen protector. I have used this and again its fine. Although, I will point out that most screen protectors have a cut out hole for the Navi-Button at the bottom of the phone. This cover has an inverted 'U' cut out at the bottom not a disc. Still perfectly functional though.

In short - Its a reasonable price and does what it needs to do!

Nintendo Nunchuk Controller - Black (Wii)
Nintendo Nunchuk Controller - Black (Wii)
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 18.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Gadget!!, 7 Jan 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
As other reviewers have stated - very few games use this item. However, those that do are great fun!!

Gavin And Stacey - Series 1-3 And 2008 Christmas Special [DVD]
Gavin And Stacey - Series 1-3 And 2008 Christmas Special [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ruth Jones
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series, shame it's all over!!!, 6 Jan 2010
A complete set of Gavin and Stacey at last!!!! I will admit to finding it odd that this set was released before the show had been transmitted, but I was glad I got to see the last series all in one go!!!!

If you have seen any of the series and like the humour, then this box set Is for you. As well as the complete episodes, there is a gag reel documentary which is interesting as you find out which cast members were the prancksters!!!!!!

Scrabble Turntable
Scrabble Turntable
Price: 8.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Agrhh! Matel Please measure the board!, 25 Oct 2006
This review is from: Scrabble Turntable (Toy)
As other reviewers have stated - the board is too large for the turntable. I was sure that this was an oversight and that the company would correct it - but no.

The turntable and board are made in China, but for two seperate companies I note. Perhaps some communication about the dimensions of the board would be nice!

It seems my limited woodwork skills will have to come out of the closet to rectify this situation....... I could have probably made something better myself had I been bothered.....

Transport Phenomena
Transport Phenomena
by R. Byron Bird

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Text - Timeless, 20 Aug 2004
This review is from: Transport Phenomena (Hardcover)
This book has improved with age. As a novice Chemical Engineering student I found its text to be confusing and daunting.
Now, as a PhD student, I find it invaluble. The second edition is a vast improvement on the first, if only in the layout and some new diagrams.
A great book that is not 'too' expensive. Well worth it if you are considering a career in Engineering.

Doom 3 (PC)
Doom 3 (PC)
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa! Tantalising and Addictive!, 20 Aug 2004
This review is from: Doom 3 (PC) (Video Game)
I bought this game on a whim due to a recommendation of a friend and I am so glad I did. The graphics are superb and the data collection twist of the game is something that I personally find very compelling. My intention was only to install the game when I first recieved it, but instead I spent most of the night getting hooked on it.
An excellent game that I would recommend anyone to buy!