Profile for G. A. Tuxworth > Reviews

Content by G. A. Tuxworth

G. A. Tuxworth (Kent, England)

Anti-shock Padded Camera case for CANON EOS M,SX710 SX700 SX610 SX600 SX130 SX150,G15 G10 G12,Samsung Galaxy Camera, and Samsung Galaxy Camera 2, EX1 EX2F WB150, Nikon Coolpix S9700, Sony HX20,HX200,Nex-7,Nex-6,Nex-5,Olympus,Panasonic (Black)
Offered by BV-electronics

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Nikon L 310!!!!!, 21 Jan. 2013
Bought this at the same time as buying a Nikon L310 camera, because at the time, the Nikon was on the list of cameras that would fit inside this case. Unfortunately, on arrival of both items, unless I sawed the camera in half it would not fit inside this case! Subsequently, the Nikon has been removed from the list of cameras for this case, but the "Frequently bought together" part of the page still shows the Nikon L310, so be aware.
The case itself , however, seemed to be fine and had I purchased a smaller camera I would have been more than happy with it.
I ended up buying http://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-FUJIFILM-FinePix-Panasonic-Long-Zoom/dp/B0027RTEM4/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358759438&sr=1-2 instead, which also seems to be a good case, and this one fits the Nikon.
My only minor niggle is that on contacting the company, they asked me to post back the item for a refund, which I did. They then refunded me the original price I paid and the original postage cost, but not my cost for returning the item. This has meant that I am £2.20 out of pocket for an issue that was no fault of my own, but hey, such is life I suppose.
Caveat emptor!

TomTom GO LIVE 825 5" Sat Nav with Europe Maps (45 Countries) (discountinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and awful at the same time!, 27 Sept. 2011
Have had this for a few weeks now so thought I would share my experiences with others. Firstly, as to the device itself, it is absolutely brilliant. So far it has worked flawlessly, selecting routes quickly and informing me of any delays on the journey, which have all been very accurate. My only slight niggle is the volume of incoming phone calls via the bluetooth, which is too quiet and I haven't figured out how to increase it yet, any suggestions gratefully received. Otherwise, the device itself is first rate.
Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the TomTom software supporting the device, basically it is confused, confusing and generally awful. My old device was updated using TomTom Home software, this one, you are told on purchase, to use MyTomTom for updates. On initially going to the website it suggests that this model is not compatible with the software but apparently it is. It certainly seemed not to be compatible to start with as I couldn't get it to work at all. However, after a bit of judicious googling, I discovered that the website doesn't work properly if you are using Internet Explorer 9, which I was. Quite how TomTom could release a website for their latest devices, which doesn't work with the latest version of the most commonly used browser in the world, personally I find quite astonishing! The only way I could solve the problem was to download Chrome and use that to open the MyTomTom site.
The device does not come with any sort of instructions, merely a link to the website where you can hopefully find what you want. I say hopefully, because it seems to me very difficult to get the answers that you want, and this coming from someone who considers them self fairly computer literate.
Oh, and one last point, if like me you have previously had a TomTom with a TomTom account, DON'T try and link your new device to the old account, it will all go horribly wrong. You need to create a new account WITH A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS for it to work properly.
So, in summary, if you have previously had a TomTom and know how they work without any instructions and feel confident enough to brave the vagaries of the TomTom so called "support" website, then buy this device because it is great, otherwise you may have to think again!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2011 3:47 PM GMT

Horizon Black Breakfast Kitchen Leather Bar Stool Barstools x 1
Horizon Black Breakfast Kitchen Leather Bar Stool Barstools x 1
Offered by Gecko

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 Oct. 2010
Am typing this review whilst sitting at my breakfast bar on my new bar stool! They arrived promptly, are very easy to put together and are very comfortable. The only thing I can't comment on is longevity, as I've only just got them, but assuming they last, (they seem very sturdy) I would say these are excellent value for money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2012 12:32 PM GMT

Panasonic SC-HC30DBEBS DAB Micro System with iPod Dock
Panasonic SC-HC30DBEBS DAB Micro System with iPod Dock

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, shame about the radio!, 16 Oct. 2010
Firstly the good. I think it is a VERY good looking piece of kit. The sound quality is excellent, and although it is slightly fiddly to put either a CD or ipod into the machine, once in they both play very well. The serious downside is the radio reception with the supplied aerial, basically there isn't any! This machine replaced a Roberts DAB radio, on which a perfect signal was received for both FM and DAB via the attached telescopic aerial. This picked up absolutely nothing. I had to go to the expense and aggravation of installing an external aerial and hooking it up to that. Having done that however, I now get an excellent signal for DAB, and a fair one for FM, although I am not worried about this as I just tend to listen to DAB.
In short, buy one if you are prepared for the radio not to work and are happy to take the appropriate action to make it work, otherwise, don't!

SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Copper
SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Copper
Offered by Advanced MP3 Players

5.0 out of 5 stars Earphone Nirvana, 2 May 2010
Have had these for about two months now and they are probably the best earphones I have ever had. The sound is fantastic,I'm hearing all sorts of things I didn't pick up with my previous(Sennheiser or Apple)earphones. I wear them in the gym and they are very comfortable whether running or whatever. They come with six different attachments in order to get a good fit in the ear. As long as you can put up with the in-ear type, which I know some people can't, I would highly recommend these. The only thing I can't comment on is longevity, but if they last for a couple of Years, I shall be more than happy and will immediately buy another set!