Profile for V. L. Barchha > Reviews

Content by V. L. Barchha

V. L. Barchha "vb1000" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Schleich - Tournament Knight Taurus
Schleich - Tournament Knight Taurus

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, 13 Mar. 2012
We are using these toys as treats for good behaviour for our two and a half year old son, so I suppose they are likely to become prized posessions, but he loves them. They are wonderfully detailed and well made and a good size (about 15cm tall) with no small parts so safe for younger children. He absolutely adores them so we have purchased several of the knights in this series. The horses come in beautifully animated postures and the way the knights click into the saddle means they can be picked up by the knight and don't come detached unless you want them to. Excellent overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars My sons favourite toy, 13 Mar. 2012
I have to say I am very pleased with Schleich toys overall, they are beautifully made and painted. We are collecting quite a stable of them as my two and a half year old son adores them. The horses are a good size for little hands to hold (about 12cm tall at the top of the horses head) and many stories have been made up about Mummy and Daddy horse and "Messy Horse" which is what my son calls the pinto marked brown horse (due to the colouring!). Very appealing to look at and apparently to play with.

Schleich Knight on horse with Sword
Schleich Knight on horse with Sword

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Toy, 13 Mar. 2012

Schleich - Tournament Knight Dragon
Schleich - Tournament Knight Dragon
Offered by GASCHers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great detailed toy, 13 Mar. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy but takes a while, 13 Mar. 2012
This is handy to have in the car and is the only device really of its type. It works well and fits several different bottles including the larger Avent types, however it took 30 minutes to heat milk (dispenced from a carton) which had been kept in the car overnight - so assuming fridge temperature. So not all that quick when you've got a screaming hungry baby while travelling, but if you can plan ahead would work well (I would guess takes 10-15mins to heat milk from room temperature). Be aware though it keeps on heating as it has no thermostat so you can't just forget about it while driving! Helps us as our little one won't drink the milk unless its "just so" temperature.

Moist Heat Therapy Microwave Wrist and Hand Wrap MHW
Moist Heat Therapy Microwave Wrist and Hand Wrap MHW
Offered by Heat Packs UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought it would be, 13 Mar. 2012
I ordered this for my husband who seems to have mild RSI in his wrist and back of hand. I liked the fact that it was a support which could be heated to help healing. However when it arrived it is not really a support at all just a rectangular beanbag (with the type of ceramic beads which heat in the microwave inside) with a couple of velcro strips to attach it to your arm. Because the ceramic beads are quite heavy the beanbag doesn't want to stay in place and altogether the contaption is far more Heath Robinson than the photo would suggest (and way more bulky). IT CERTAINLY PROVIDES NO SUPPORT OR MOVEMENT RESTRICTION which is really what I was after. I think it's very expensive when to be honest a beanbag type hot water bottle placed on your arm would do the same job.

Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters (PC DVD)
Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters (PC DVD)
Offered by PJL Games - All Direct Games sent same or next working day

1.0 out of 5 stars DDO NOT BUY, faulty software doesn't work, 10 Mar. 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I have no idea how good or bad the game is as it wont play. The game installs then says it can't verify my DVD is original and closes the application. The disc looks like an original so can only assume its a badly written DVD (there are no scratches on it so it's definitely a software problem). The problem is the publisher offers no support or way of contacting them SO DO NOT PURCHASE.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2012 11:34 PM GMT

Theraline Baby Pillow for Plagiocephaly and Flat Head
Theraline Baby Pillow for Plagiocephaly and Flat Head
Offered by babyREFLUX/refluxSUPPORT

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but very small, 26 Jan. 2012
I bought this for my 4 month old son who has a flat spot on the back of his head. Firstly the breathability of the pillow is unbelievable, if you put it tight against your face you can breath perfectly normally through it as if it wasn't there so is an extremely safe solution. However as other people stated it is small and I found it just too small to work. It's a 6 inch square and if your baby is old enough to have any wriggle ability then they will come off it middle of the night. I think you would have to have a very still sleeping probably under 3 month old for this to work effectively. So 5 out of 5 for safety but 2 out of 5 for design as its just too small. We subsequently bought a baby memory foam pillow (which was also cheaper) which works a treat but I would not be happy using (because of lack of breathability) before my baby could lift their head well. So it's good if you spot the flat head problem early enough, but if your baby's older, or wriggles while sleeping look elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE AVOID - BE WARNED, 27 Nov. 2011
I bought this item thinking it was high priced but there not being much choice for growth charts on amazon. When the item arrived it is made out of thick fabric which despite repeated ironing will not lie flat (I thought it would be made of plastic which could be stuck to the wall) but the only way of hanging it is with the ribbon provided. Both these factors make it completely inaccurate for measuring. BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THIS IS IMPORTED FROM THE US WHICH IS NOT MADE PARTICULARLY CLEAR, I RECEIVED A FED EX LETTER DEMANDING IMPORT TAX OF £14 MAKING THIS TO HAVE COST ME NEARLY £45 - IT IS NOT WORTH IT - AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Corsair CMFUSBMINI 16GB Flash Voyager Mini USB Drive
Corsair CMFUSBMINI 16GB Flash Voyager Mini USB Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 15 Aug. 2011
Admittedly I have only had this product a month so can't comment on its long term reliability but feel it is a very good storage drive. Transfer speeds seem good. I have this drive on my keyring as I always find it useful to have memory with me, it is lovely and small (about and inch long) and feels fairly indestructible. Most improtantly the usb contacts are retractible which I feel is the most important and pretty much unique feature of a product this size as it keeps them safely away from damage. I have had 2 different types of small usb sticks inc the Super Talent Pico and another and both have stopped working after a couple of months because I suspect the contacts have been scratched or damaged by adjacent keys etc.
Altogether very good and better than the larger type of USB sticks which seem to either loose their caps or get totally lost altogether in our house unless attached to a set of keys in which case their bulk is a hinderance!

Page: 1 | 2