Profile for Thomas > Reviews

Hook-up Stranded Wire - Red
Hook-up Stranded Wire - Red
Offered by RelChron Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 26 May 2014
For the price you can't go wrong. Reasonably stiff stranded wire, it's pretty tough but also easy to strip the coating off it. Good stuff.

World's Most Expensive Computer Mouse - The exclusive 'Diamond Flower'
World's Most Expensive Computer Mouse - The exclusive 'Diamond Flower'

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 26 May 2014
It's not quite as accurate as the ball mouse I was using before. That said though, the build quality is not bad, and I really appreciate the little finishing touches they've made, like the addition of a scroll wheel. All too often I go to use a mouse to find it only has 2 buttons. If you've never used a wheel before, this is EASILY worth the extra £14980 just to have a go with one.

Seagate STBV3000200 Expansion 3TB USB 3.0 desktop 3.5 inch external hard drive - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 23 April 2014
I'm fairly terrified of it breaking, it's currently holding just under 3TB of expensive classical recordings that I would dread to lose. So far though it's been fine, it's read speed is decent and I've not had any issues with transferring stuff to and from it, the USB3.0 makes it so much faster and convenient than a 2.0 drive (Make sure your PC has a 3.0 port aswell though, or you won't see any benefit). After about half a years usage, so no corruption or failure so hopefully it'll last for many years to come.

It's VERY quiet, if you have this next to anything but a completely silent pc you won't notice it in the slightest.

Rovner Bb Clarinet Ligature - Dark 1R
Rovner Bb Clarinet Ligature - Dark 1R

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 April 2014
For an upgrade from the stock ligature that comes with the clarinet, this makes a whole world of difference. For the price its by far the best ligature I've tried, and no ligatures under £70 have ever really come close to it in my opinion. It really allows you to develop your own sound, whatever that may be. The clarinet feels more responsive and suddenly you'll find tricky passages easier to play (I did anyhow). The immediate effect is not as noticeable as the long term, you'll begin to realize that actually, the sound you're making is really nice after a while, without even realizing you were doing it. It's allowed me to be a lot more confident in my sound. (Using it with a Buffet E13 clarinet and Vandoren M30 mouthpiece).

For the price, you really cannot go wrong with this ligature, and if you're playing on a stock piece, you won't regret this purchase.

Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre (discontinued by manufacturer)
Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by MXY

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems., 14 Dec 2013
Excellent value for the price, don't be fooled into spending an extortionate amount of money for digital cables, for most applications it simply isn't worth it. The very nature of digital signal means the quality is just fine. I use this to connect my graphics card in my PC to my monitor, as my graphics card has no HDMI output. This works very well as an alternative and transmits the full 1080p 75Hz signal with no problems whatsoever. Wholeheartedly would recommend after more than two years of usage, it's still going strong.

GCSE Music OCR Areas of Study Revision Guide
GCSE Music OCR Areas of Study Revision Guide
by CGP Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 14 Dec 2013
Contains all the material you need to pass the exam and some extra, it's all presented well in different coloured boxes which makes learning it a bit easier. It also has random little jokes and such scattered throughout in it which make it a bit less formal and more enjoyable to read through.

Zippo Lighter Fluid Fuel Petrol 125ml Tin + Wick + 6 Flints
Zippo Lighter Fluid Fuel Petrol 125ml Tin + Wick + 6 Flints
Offered by ckc_ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 14 Dec 2013
A nice 'service' bundle for your lighter, the fluid is good, although Ronsonol is pretty much the same and far cheaper, the wick and flints are genuine Zippo brand and so work fine with all Zippo lighters. The flints last for a very long time with regular usage. Highly recommended; a good value bundle of gear.

5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml
5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what is says on the tin., 14 Dec 2013
Read the instructions and you will be fine with this, it is great for cleaning out computer components where ordinary methods would not work (do not use vacuum cleaners for PCs). It feels like it should run out very fast but actually lasts a lot longer than you might think.

It actually saved my keyboard from destruction when I spilled a hot drink on it and it began to short out (it's lights were flickering). I quickly sprayed this at it and the good amount of pressure in the can managed to blow out all the moisture and the keyboard now functions fine, much to my relief (I have a Corsair k70; not a cheap keyboard). As a side note I might add it's BRILLIANT at cleaning out keyboards, it gets all the dust, crumbs and god knows what else out from behind the keys very nicely.

It's useful in all sorts of applications, I've used it to clean my watch out more than a few times. It seems a bit expensive but for the use you can get out of one can it's actually pretty good, great stuff!

Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card Essential Class Card
Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card Essential Class Card
Offered by Wholesaleprice-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, great price., 14 Dec 2013
Bought to put into my phone so I could use it as my primary portable music player, the difference the Class 10 aspect makes to the transfer rate is amazing, I can put a great number of songs onto my mobile in a matter of minutes. The storage size is nice too, and you need to have A LOT of music to fill it up. Also good for apps if your device allows you to install them to your SD card.

It seems very reliable, I've had it over a year and it's still going strong with no issues at all.

Thumbs Up Magic Sakura
Thumbs Up Magic Sakura
Offered by CuteBitz Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice fun gift., 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Thumbs Up Magic Sakura (Misc.)
Bought as a gift and was very well received as a bit of fun. Regardless of the fact that is has a lifespan of supposedly only a month or so, all the leaves are still attached to the one I purchased for my friend. A bit overpriced for what you get but it does look good and is easy to do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3