Profile for Letitia > Reviews

Charlotte's 3 Minute Bum Blitz [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Charlotte Crosby
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't trust all the reviews, 3 Jan. 2016
Charlotte tweeted that if people gave her a 5 star review on here, she would re tweet them so what followed were over 100 reviews at 5 star, which isn't representative or objective! Wait for some real reviews.

Davina - Fit in 15 [DVD]
Davina - Fit in 15 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun with a few areas that could be improved, 13 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Davina - Fit in 15 [DVD] (DVD)
I had been doing the Davina Power of 3 workout for about 6 weeks and decided to buy Fit in 15 to mix up my workouts a bit.
There are four 15 min workouts.
The first is cardio, I like this section as the moves are easy to follow and it is just the right pace to keep you working with short recovery periods. The variation in moves means you feel that you are also working different areas of your body.
The second section is legs, I like most of this section, there are a few moves I don't like but overall I feel I get a good workout, although I feel my legs get a far better workout with the Power of 3 legs section.
The third section is arms, there are a good variety of moves in this section and not just weights, there are some other moves to work your arms too e.g. getting up and down off the floor. My arms do feel the burn but again like the legs, nowhere near to the level I get from power of 3.
Final section is the core. This is the section I need the most with my tummy! But I am disappointed with this one. There are several standing moves using a hand weight and I tried a 2.5kg weight and could not feel my tummy working, however, I did move to a 5kg weight and started to feel it working on my middle area.I found it hard to balance with some of these standing moves. There are then several floor exercises in a press up position, I don't feel like these moves do anything for my tummy, maybe I am doing them wrong but I have tried and tried and just don't like doing them. The only ones I enjoy are the ones on your back but there are very few of these, although I do feel them working on my tummy.
I find the cool down section really difficult to follow, I do my own cool down and stretches.
Overall, I like the fact that I feel that I am improving my cardio fitness with this DVD, which I feel Power of 3 lacks. I can also feel that this is working my legs and arms. I don't think that doing one of these 15 mins sessions is enough to keep you fit, you need to do at least 2 sections. I like the humour throughout the workout, keeps you motivated and makes you enjoy the workout. I wouldn't have this as my sole workout personally but it is a great addition within my weekly routines.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2014 10:07 AM GMT

Contagion (Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]
Contagion (Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Offered by Not2day Media

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped, 16 April 2012
This film never really gets going. It is like when you watch the beginning of a film and it can sometimes be a little dull but you know after about 20 minutes that things will get better. Well this film is like those 20 minutes the whole way through. It certainly isn't awful and it was worth watching but I felt that it would be so much better given the cast and plot.

Dyson DC33 Multi Floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner For Every Floor Type (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best vacuum cleaner I've had, 21 Dec. 2010
This is the best vacuum cleaner I've had so far. I have always spent about £120 on different models which have lost suction quickly. Spending the extra on this machine was well worth it.
The suction is amazing, there is a hard floor and carpet setting and the amount it picks up is unreal. It is not too heavy and so is easy to move about and then there is a really handy wand for cleaning around the skirting boards and the ceiling. There is also a different head for the stairs. It certainly makes easy work of what used to be a chore with my old machine.
I was reluctant to get an upright but it actually cleans a lot quicker because of the larger surface area it covers and the attachments are easy to stick on to get around the corners. The brush attachment has got my skirting boards looking fab.
Well worth the money and a bargain too compared to some other well known stores who want £250 for it!

Vax VZL-7071P Mach 1 Pet Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner Great for Homes with Pets
Vax VZL-7071P Mach 1 Pet Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner Great for Homes with Pets

2.0 out of 5 stars Good at first but problems soon developed, 13 Dec. 2010
When I first got this I was impressed, it picked up well and is lightweight. But after a couple of months it gradually started to lose suction. I contacted Vax under the guarantee and they serviced it. After that it was picking up well again but within a couple of weeks it had lost most of its suction power again.
After owning it for a year the plastic handle snapped and I have had to tape it back together. I am single and have to admit that I only vacuum about once a week so it was certainly not from overuse!!
I am now having to borrow my parents Dyson every time I need to vacuum and when I use that machine, I realise just how inferior this product is. But then you get what you pay for!!
My opinion of the Vax pet on the positive side is that it is has good suction to start with, is lightweight, the pet hair tool is really good and powerful (although that broke after a few months).
On the negative side it quickly loses suction, plastic parts break very easily, it doesn't empty out easily-most of it gets stuck and you have to stick your hands down the side to pull the chunks of fluff out.
My advice would be to save up a bit more money and buy a Dyson. It may be more money in the outset but this vaccum really reflects the saying of 'buy cheap, buy twice'.

Kinect Sports - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
Kinect Sports - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
Offered by bid2win-ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun!, 27 Nov. 2010
I love this game, of all my Kinect games this is the one that gets played the most. There are a choice of sports including boxing and track and field. You can choose to play the computer opponent at different difficulty levels or you can play other people in your household. You don't need too much space either. The game explains how to move for each sport and it's easy to follow.

There is also the choice of party play which is brilliant when friends are around. You can play with several people and there are lots of mini games which range from saving goals, bowling with your left hand or table tennis.

The game is good exercise and lots of fun and you get to see yourself on playback afterwards which is hilarious!

Dance Central - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Dance Central - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Offered by Netro Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 16 Nov. 2010
Great fun. Lots of good songs with different moves. Some are easy and some are really difficult but you can choose your level. You can feel this working muscles you've never used before as well!!
Free style bit is funny as it films you and plays it back in fast motion. This is the sort of game that you won't get bored of as there are so many songs to master and even once you have there is the option to download more so I recommend this for the Kinect.

Morphy Richards Performair Bagless 1700w Upright Vacuum Cleaner Hepa 73350
Morphy Richards Performair Bagless 1700w Upright Vacuum Cleaner Hepa 73350

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard work with lots of problems, 25 Mar. 2008
This vacuum cleaner is unbelievably heavy, it makes vacuuming really hard work, after just doing one room my arm and back are hurting! It does pick up well but while I am vacuuming the cylider constantly falls off spilling the contents of it (dust, dirt etc) onto the floor. The parts of the cylinder then all disassemble everywhere. It takes ages to get these parts back together and put the cylinder back on the cleaner. Then I have to re vacuum the contents of the vacuum cleaner from the floor!
I have taken to using the attachment now due to its heaviness and the fact the cylinder keeps falling off. But the attachment has now cracked and I have it taped together. I have now contacted Morphy Richards directly regarding getting a replacement and I am hoping I'll be able to get a different model. Apart from it's good suction, this vacuum cleaner is the worst model I've ever used and I would strongly advise others to choose another model.

Ministry Of Sound : The Ultimate Workout - Pump It Up, Burn It, Lose It [DVD]
Ministry Of Sound : The Ultimate Workout - Pump It Up, Burn It, Lose It [DVD]
Dvd ~ Agata Pienio
Offered by marxwax

3.0 out of 5 stars A hard workout!, 4 Jan. 2007
I have just invested in this fitness DVD to shed my unwanted Christmas weight. First of all I will explain that I am of average weight but did not do any form of exercise before this. This may obviously influence my opinions so thought i'd make this clear.

Firstly the DVD is good in that is has a warm up section and then there are various other sessions including a cool down. There is also a section dedicated to legs,bums, tums, a section of combat style and a dance section. You can choose to do the whole DVD or just choose to do some of the sections so you can choose a workout suitable for you.

My first impression of this workout is that it is high impact and so if you are new to exercise you will probably find this difficult. Some of the moves are quite difficult to pick up and as it moves quite fast it can be difficult to follow. As I am new to aerobics I have been finding many parts of this work out hard to follow.

On my first go I managed to do the warm up and most of the bums and tums session and had to miss everything else out, I was cream crackered.

But as I am looking to get fit and lose weight, I feel I can keep building up with this work out and am sure I will eventually pick up the moves.

It has a good soundtrack to work out to.

If I could go back in time I probably would have opted for another workout video which was a bit easier going. For me this is just a bit too difficult to follow.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2010 10:52 AM BST

Navman ICN-320 - UK  GPS Navigation System
Navman ICN-320 - UK GPS Navigation System

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use but unreliable, 10 Feb. 2006
I had this bought as a gift a couple of months back. I think it looks good and is so easy to use. The problem is it hardly ever seems to work. I type in my destination and it says 'awaiting GPS' but never seems to find enough satellites. The first time I used it I sat in my car for 40 minutes before it finally found enough signals to work! After that I tried twice with no success. I travelled 100 miles yesterday searching for some signal which it did not find and this was when I really needed it. Then later on after all my travelling I tried it on the way home from the shop and it came on after 10 minutes when I had driven half way home. So I hope I have got my point across as to why I find this device so unreliable. I don't know if it is the area I live in (the westcountry) or if the machine or sat nav in general is unreliable. I just really hope it improves as it seems a big waste of money at the moment.