Profile for Anth1992 > Reviews

Clough's War
by Don Shaw
Price: 7.83

3.0 out of 5 stars CLOUGH'S WAR, 7 Sep 2011
This review is from: Clough's War (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book but at the same time it became a bit still and boring in that when JOHN Shaw the man who this account of the book is told by is that the part about the movement in tryin to get clough back at derby county became in a way the same and i personally thought it dragged on about bit but i must say the beginning and especially the end of the book became very enjoyable to read.

We Are the Damned United: The Real Story of Brian Clough at Leeds United
We Are the Damned United: The Real Story of Brian Clough at Leeds United
by Phil Rostron

4.0 out of 5 stars The Damned United, 28 Mar 2011
I didn't know what to expect when I first purchased this book, but I must say that I really enjoyed it and to hear all the ex leeds players who were there under him for them 44 days what they had to say about what went down and what they really though of Brian Clough.

For Pete's Sake: The Peter Taylor Story, Vol. 1: The Backstreets to the Baseball Ground
by Wendy Dickinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure clough and Taylor!, 20 Mar 2011
Wow, what a fantastic and entreging book I could simply not get enough of this book straight from the beginning it was as such you were part of the story I could not put this book down, it only took me less than 10 days to read the whole book. I quite simply cant wait for the second part to this magnificent top class book. Role on volume 2!!!

Farewell but not Goodbye: My Autobiography
Farewell but not Goodbye: My Autobiography
by Bobby Robson

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendary SIR BOB, 14 Mar 2011
This is by far the best ever book I have had the privalage to read to date, it is an absolute pertraite of a true footballing legend and gentlemen, it is very heart warming and intersting coming from a football fans point of view but anyone who is not associated with football could read this book and by the end they would know forever what a fantastic man bobby robson was as a footballer/ manager but as a ordinary man who had time and respect everyone no matter who are what they were. A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE WHO IS A FOOTBALLING FAN QUITE SIMPLY THE BEST!!!

Jelleyman's Thrown a Wobbly: Saturday Afternoons in Front of the Telly
Jelleyman's Thrown a Wobbly: Saturday Afternoons in Front of the Telly
by Jeff Stelling

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeff Stelling (poolie), 13 Mar 2011
This has to be one of the best comedy/football books of the decade an absolute classic, very funny and a must read, reading about Jeff Stellings antics was great, how he first got his foot in the door as such into the world of the game we love so much and his passion for also my hometown club Hartlepool United the monkey hangers excellent who hasnt read this book yet go out and buy it!

Mr Unbelievable! Fighting like Beavers on the Front Line of Football
Mr Unbelievable! Fighting like Beavers on the Front Line of Football
by Chris Kamara
Price: 13.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Chris Kamara, 13 Mar 2011
I am a hugh fan of Chris Kamara he is the pinicale of football you enjoy if your not going to a match then to sit in front of the television and watch gillette soccer saturday and to see Chris kamara making you laugh as he commentates on the game he is overseeing for us, but his book is top class there are excellent and very funny stories of what he got up to especially with Jeff Stelling and knocking the motorbike over, and the one when his friend emails his resignation letter back to him and it goes to the wrong fax machine and he's running about like a mad man top class, not just that but how he grew up his family how he got into football it was extremily intersting and anthrolling a must read for fans of football.

Brian and Peter a Right Pair: 21 Years with Clough and Taylor
Brian and Peter a Right Pair: 21 Years with Clough and Taylor
by Maurice Edwards

4.0 out of 5 stars A right pair, 13 Mar 2011
I must say this book was not what I was expecting but on the otherhand I really enjoyed reading this book, It was very intriging and interesting to read about how transfers where done and how much teams actually payed for players in such an era when football wasnt the bits and glam that it is in these days and it showed that anyone who took an interst and had a eye for football could get involved in with such big football clubs in these days the closest you get to been involved unless you make it as a footballer is sunday league or been in the crowd watching and supporting your team.