Profile for B. Douglas > Reviews

Content by B. Douglas

B. Douglas "Ben" (Birmingham, UK)

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars A shaving experience unlike any other, 18 Oct. 2015
Delivers quite possibly one of the most uncomfortable shaving experiences I've ever had outside of a dull razer. I wasn't expecting anything mind blowing for the price but unless you like the feeling of having each one of your facial hairs plucked out one by one I can't say I'd recommend it. Using the beard trimmer is a painful chore and an overall shave leaves you feeling as if you've just rubbed your face with sand paper. It does the job, but like most taxi drivers on a Friday night, it doesn't do it with your comfort in mind.

Fine Polished Set of 6 Hand Carved Wooden Drink Square Coasters & Holder with Beautiful Brass Inlay Barware & Kitchen Tabletop Accessory Home Living room Decor
Offered by Good Choice..

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and functional, 30 Aug. 2015
Beautiful. They look fantastic on my dark oak Coffee table and they do their job of having cups put on them as well as can be expected of any coaster

LEORX 10pcs 2 Watt DC 12V G4 24 LED Bulb of 100lumens 3014 SMD LED Replacement of 10W Halogen Lamp (Warm White)
Offered by PixnorStore

1.0 out of 5 stars Great for people who like lucky dips, 30 Aug. 2015
Would rate 0 if I could. Purchased these to replace halogen bulbs beneath my kitchen cabinets and they last all of 10 seconds. When they work they're nice and bright and give a slightly cooler light than the halogens but just finding one that works in the whole pack is almost impossible. I don't know if I got a bad batch or they're just cheap rubbish but either way I returned them and will look for alternatives

LED Light RGB Strip 100cm 3ft.3in.+ mini controller + USB Port Cable, USB powered 5V, multi color LED: SMD5050 for Notebook Computer PC Laptop
Offered by Bilin Trading Company Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for PC case modders, 30 Aug. 2015
I got this for use inside my pc. I got a pci USB3 expansion port with 2 internal ports that I connected this too, though if you have a decent case you could connect it at a rear port and run the cable through a water cooling grommet if you have one.
The lights are nice and bright and the backing sticks well to give even lighting around the case side aperture. Plenty of colour choices and modes to choose from. So much better than chunky cold cathodes with molex connections

White Plastic ATC-17 Adjustable Cable Fixing Clip Holder 100 Pcs
White Plastic ATC-17 Adjustable Cable Fixing Clip Holder 100 Pcs
Offered by sourcingmap

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for tenants and those who rent, 30 Aug. 2015
Since I'm renting and don't really have the option to hammer wire tacs into the skirting board (lest I face the wrath of the landlord) I thought these would be really handy. They were. They stick really well and I tested removing them. While you get some residue left behind its easily scraped off using a palette knife. Hot soapy water helps too. It's easier than running round with poly filler and a dab of paint. Just don't try them on painted walls, stick to glossy painted skirting boards. They are very secure and have no problem holding my network and speaker cables flush to the skirting.

10 Pack GU10 4W LED Beautiful Warm White Colour 40w Replacement for Halogen bulb with New Chip Technology with 2 Year Warranty 2700k

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for replacing halogen bulbs, 30 Aug. 2015
I bought these to replace 10 50watt halogens in the living room and while they're just as bright with a slightly cooler light that's barely noticeable they've reduced to the power consumption of the entire room to below that of a single halogen. No duds in the box too which is always a bonus.

StarTech Mini DisplayPort to DVI Active Adapter
StarTech Mini DisplayPort to DVI Active Adapter
Offered by pdarepair

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 7 April 2014
Worked as soon as I plugged it in. Used it for a whole day and shut down my PC for the night. Turned on the PC the next day and nothing. Switched the ports, nothing. Carried on using my computer and after about 4 hours it suddenly started working again. Shut down the PC for the night and came back the next day and no life whatsoever. It's been dead ever since and is now going back.

Comic Artist's Reference: People and Poses
Comic Artist's Reference: People and Poses
by Buddy Scalera

2.0 out of 5 stars Big let down, 7 April 2008
As the other reviewer posted, this book is a disappointment. Yes there are cool photos with very useful poses from interesting perspectives - unfortunately to get any use out of the majority of them you must either have a magnifying glass close to hand or scan the images into your computer at a high resolution due to the tiny size of some of them. Also the book tries to be too much fun, this may sound wierd but I don't want to be tilting my head at angles and flipping the book round all the time just to look at an image that is at a 45 degree angle and beneath 2 other photos. I want the photos to be organised side by side not layered on top of each other and at strange angles. As for the professional artist demonstrations...they weren't very impressive. They are basic and to be honest, the end results weren't much better than the average aspiring comic book illustrator who is yet to enter the business.

This brings us to the CD with 600 or more photos on there - to put it simply, my mobile phone has a camera that can take photos of a higher resolution. In order to get any use out of these photos you must double their resolution which makes them blurry and fairly indistinct even when using a professional upscaling program such as Genuine Fractals. The videos were a complete waste of disc space that could have been better put to use by adding higher resolution images. The videos are of poor quality and I fail to see why you should pay money to get less quality than you would find on YouTube.

Overall the book is useful to those who have an imagination and take the poses as simply a suggestion and rough reference - which I guess is actually the point, but to be honest I expected a whole lot more for my money given that a lot of the content can be matched and surpassed by stock photo artists on websites like Deviant Art.

Ghost Opera + Bonus DVD
Ghost Opera + Bonus DVD
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album I have bought this year, 21 July 2007
This review is from: Ghost Opera + Bonus DVD (Audio CD)
As the title says, this has been the best album I have bought all year. Ozzy's Black Rain was good, so was Magnum's Princess Alice and the Broken Arrow but this? This is totally astounding. While I don't think it is as good as Karma (which is my favourite album of Kamelot's) It is absolutely fantastic. The drums give a throbbing high energy pulse to the face melting guitar work. The vocals are excellent, topped only by Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden, my favourite band of all time). The songs are just as interesting as previous songs and give great stories, Love You To Death being the most moving in my opinion. The musical talnt of this band must not be underestimated, the sound, the energy, the passion, and the solos make this CD the best album I have bought this year. Fantastic audio quality, though not as well mixed as previous albums - although that may just be my speakers as they're getting a bit knackered.

Nonetheless...BUY THIS ALBUM!