Profile for Glen > Reviews

Glen

Late Delivery
Late Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Good album, enjoy it a lot., 26 July 2013
This review is from: Late Delivery (MP3 Download)
Came across it on soundcloud and really liked it. Recommended.

It says I need 10 more words to post this review.

Done. :)

AMOS 7 / 6 Way 1.5A 1500mA max. AC to DC Universal Universally Multi Voltage 3V / 4.5V / 6V / 7.5V / 9V / 12V Plug in Mains AC Power Adapter Adaptor Power Supply Replacement (Black)
Offered by UK Home & Garden Store Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars REGARDING GUITAR EFFECTS PEDALS REQUIRING NEGATIVE POLARITY, 22 July 2013
I actually bought this for my keyboard (which is positive polarity), instead of buying it for my Crybaby pedal, because a review on here says it wouldn't work with effects pedals requiring negative polarity. THAT GUY WAS WRONG.

It shows you clearly in the instructions how to fit the attachments, and each attachment is marked on each side, showing either negative or positive polarity; so the polarity is selectable, you just flip the attachment around.

I had the attachment inserted for positive polarity for my Yamaha keyboard, worked fine. Then I put it directly into my Crybaby; didn't work at all. So I simply flipped the attachment around to negative polarity and Bob's your uncle, instant Hendrix...

So I'm very happy that I now have an adapter for my keyboard AND my Crybaby. It's also worth noting that the attachments are a decent length, so, unlike the 'attachments' on my Boss daisy-chain, the ones with this adapter will hang in my pedal without falling out. A few millimetres makes all the difference.

I'll try to upload a scan of the instructions so you can see what I'm talking about regarding the selectable polarity. The item also comes with a small 'key' to turn the voltage selection switch, which is handy.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bringing Metal To The Children: The Complete Berserker's Guide to World Tour Domination
by Rob Zombie

1.0 out of 5 stars So, so bad., 4 July 2012
Was really looking forward to reading this, but was greatly let down by it.

Very little if any substance contained within in it, all padded out with waffle about Vikings and other such nonsense and the irritatingly constant degrading of JD, it just never stops, and it get tedious real fast. I didn't expect much from a book with Zakk's (sorry, Jeffrey's) name on it, but I got much much less than even I expected...

Also there were a few spelling mistakes, and even a part where the same paragraph appeared twice... terribly put together from the writing all the way through to the editing (assuming that there actually was any).

Had to really force myself to finish it just so I could get on with the rest of my life.

I'll be throwing it in to my nearest charity shop. Maybe if someone gets to pay only 50p for it they'll feel less cheated than I do.

SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - White
SoundMAGIC E30 Earphones - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly disappointed, don't be tempted like I was..., 4 July 2012
I was using my Nokia WH701 earphones that came with my Nokia N8 phone, for everything. I assumed that they were just a cheap, low quality product bundled with said phone, so when the sound went in one side of them I decided to get onto Amazon to get some new, 'better' ones.

So I made the mistake of buying these Sound-not-so-magic E30 earphones for £40. I thought 40 quid was a bit steep for a set of earphones, but decided I would treat myself for once and spend a bit extra on this supposedly quality product.

Long story short, they're terrible, and I returned them because of a fault that seemed to allow an electrical current travel up through them into the left ear-piece so you could actually feel the electricity buzzing in your ear... (I actually tested both earpieces with a multimeter that I happened to have lying around, and there was definitely electric current detected in the left earpiece)

But involuntary-electro-shock-ear-therapy aside, the sound quality was quite poor in any case. Compared to the aforementioned Nokia WH701, there was a complete lack of bass, that was one of the first things I noticed about them when I first used them, how they totally failed to live up to what I thought was a cheap shoddy Nokia product; not just in the bass department, but all around.

Needless to say I'm just about to order another set of the Nokia ones, for about 30 quid less than these tragic Sound'magic' failures. Sometimes you really don't get what you pay for. Avoid.

I'd give them less than 1 star if it were possible to do so.