Profile for hiker girl > Reviews

hiker girl

The Marriage Certificate
The Marriage Certificate

5.0 out of 5 stars The Marriage Certificate, 26 April 2014
A great read from start to finish. I loved the way the story unfolded and the characters and their connections were engaging.

Hand Reflexology: Stimulate Your Body's Healing System (Pyramid Paperbacks)
Hand Reflexology: Stimulate Your Body's Healing System (Pyramid Paperbacks)
by Michael Keet

5.0 out of 5 stars Hand reflexology, 14 April 2014
I bought this book as I am starting a reflexology course soon and it is a very good, concise, visually well laid out book. The photos and easy to follow guidance make this a super buy. I would recommend this book to anyone wanting a quality reference book in this area.

The Twelve Days Of Christmas
The Twelve Days Of Christmas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good for Kindle, 23 Jan. 2014
Rather traditional and didn't really translate so well to Kindle. Disappointed. The write up made it sound really spectacular but it wasn't.

ONENESS:  CHOOSING LOVE OVER FEAR
ONENESS: CHOOSING LOVE OVER FEAR

5.0 out of 5 stars great inspiring book, 23 Jan. 2014
Sometimes a human story book comes along at the right time for you. This was one for me. Highly readable and some great stories.

My Monster Farts 2
My Monster Farts 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect child book despite its title, 23 Jan. 2014
Although the title might put a lot of people off, this was a great book to get my reluctant reader son to engage with a book. We both enjoyed this story and have subsequently bought all three books.

Where Have I Gone?
Where Have I Gone?

5.0 out of 5 stars Where hav I gone, 23 Jan. 2014
Loved this book from start to finish. Always had a soft spot for Pauline Quirke but having read this book I have respect and a love of this wonderful family/actress woman. Honestly written and so very human. Lovely amount of humour and detail to keep you engaged from start to finish.

This Holey Life
This Holey Life

5.0 out of 5 stars This Holey Life, 28 Feb. 2013
This review is from: This Holey Life (Kindle Edition)
Loved Sophie's first book the Generation Game and was really pleased to see another book by her. I love the family life she so convincingly portrays full of its ups and downs and complications. The characters are believable and really engaging.

The Fallen Herald
The Fallen Herald

5.0 out of 5 stars Bril, when's the next one?, 30 May 2012
This review is from: The Fallen Herald (Kindle Edition)
Gripped by this book right from the start. Shared the drama with the characters each step of the way. This book is the only book that I have ever contacted an author about, I really needed to know when the next book would be published! Really looking forward to October.The Fallen Herald

The Generation Game
The Generation Game

5.0 out of 5 stars The Generation Game, 20 April 2012
This story by Sophie Duffy was nicely crafted and so wonderfully british. I relived those times, the smells, the sweets, the excitement at new things, the clothes and the attitudes. Thank you to Sophie for taking me back and giving me a good yarn at the same time.

Beast Quest Series
Beast Quest Series
by Adam Blade

5.0 out of 5 stars Beast Quest series 1 and 2, 4 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Beast Quest Series (Paperback)
This boxed set was requested by my 10 year old daughter for her summer reading and has been completely devoured by her. Would really recommend this series, not too serious and not too difficult.