Profile for me > Reviews

Content by me

me (UK)

Jolly Phonics Magnetic Letters (tub of 106)
Jolly Phonics Magnetic Letters (tub of 106)
by Sue Lloyd
Edition: Toy

3.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic letters, 29 Jun. 2013
I have a set of plastic letters which are wearing out. I bought these as a replacement. The vowels are blue and the consonants red, which is the opposite of the set I already have. 'Y' is both red and blue - great! I like the 'flick' on the 'd's and 'q's - they are helpful with children who confuse d \ b and p \ q - and the 'h's, 'l's, 'm's and'n's. There are also vowel combinations e.g.'ee' 'ea' etc but I'm not a fan of these. Could do with a smaller 'f' and more 's', 'g' and 'l'. There are lots of letters in the tub, but I prefer my old set, so these will go to my grand-daughter when she's old enough.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2014 9:35 AM BST

How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk
How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk
by Adele Faber

5.0 out of 5 stars How to talk to children, 29 Jun. 2013
This book sets out ways to talk to children so that everyone is happy. Lots of examples, some exercises to try and thought-provoking scenarios e.g. replacing comparisons, sarcasm, commands, blaming, accusing, warnings, threats, moralising, name-calling and prophecy with 5 skills which create a climate of respect in which co-operation will grow. Wish I'd known about it when my children were young. Works between adults too.

H & L Russel Boot Storage Boxes, Clear, Set of 2
H & L Russel Boot Storage Boxes, Clear, Set of 2
Offered by Cooking Marvellous

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic boot storage boxes., 29 Jun. 2013
These do the job, but they are very stiff and have sharp edges - watch out when putting them together. The packaging was a HUGE box - not really necessary. I'd have just wrapped them in brown paper. . . .

Norfolk Feather Company Ltd Duck Feather Bolster King Size Pillow
Norfolk Feather Company Ltd Duck Feather Bolster King Size Pillow
Offered by Mattressman

5.0 out of 5 stars Duck feather bolster, 29 Jun. 2013
It arrived quickly in 2 days. I love it because it's so soft and fills the gap between 2 pillows on a king size bed. It shakes back into shape quickly and easily. Well worth the money. Bought the case from Dunelm.

Learning Resources Sum Swamp Addition and Subtraction Game
Learning Resources Sum Swamp Addition and Subtraction Game

5.0 out of 5 stars sum swamp, 14 Oct. 2009
This is one of the best games for early years / SEN maths. I have been using it for over 10 years. The children love the creatures and the fact that 'Miss' often loses! It teaches / reinforces many things: odds / evens; count on / count back; + / -; which number comes first in a minus sum; prediction ~ will 'Miss' get to the short cut before they do; estimating how many you need to finish - exact number or not? how to lose, when 'Miss' eventually wins a game; taking turns; all good fun. Well worth the money.