Profile for busy granny > Reviews

Pintoy Doll's High Chair
Pintoy Doll's High Chair
Price: 35.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolly's high chair, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Pintoy Doll's High Chair (Toy)
My grand-daughter, now 5, loves it, feeding all her dollies in it. She said she really needed a high chair so she could look after her dolls properly. She is a little girl who loves imaginative play and loves younger children, and enjoys looking after her " babies".
The wooden chair is well made, the pink paint is not too offensively garish . the chair cannot fold up and trap fingers once you have done the minimal bit of work, putting in a few screw to keep the chair in its open position. I guess that if space is a problem, you might want one that could be folded flat.

Arizona [DVD] [1940]
Arizona [DVD] [1940]
Dvd ~ William Holden
Price: 4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars GOLDEN OLDIE FILM, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Arizona [DVD] [1940] (DVD)
The quality of the images , for a film of this age, is remarkable.It is a good example of the old type of Western movie, in which the independent person stands up for themselves, against a bigger foe.The big bully is confronted by a spirited individual and others are inspired to unite and stand up for themselves .The treatment of the American Indian is still morally problematic and the way they are portrayed in old western movies would probably not be the same today, although there are things to be said on both sides of that particular question.
I bought the film because we have been going western riding on American ranches, for many years.One of our favourite ranches is the White Stallion, near Tucson, and this is one of many films and cowboy TV series shot on and near the ranch or at the nearby Old Tucson movie set.My husband loves cowboy myths, the old fashioned charm and hospitality of the West, and we love riding in the spectacular Sonoran Desert.
The film is a great reminder of the fun we have had in the US, and also highlights how remarkably young the country still is.The defence of right against wrong, and standing on your own two feet, are still powerful themes in American culture, particularly in the western states .

WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)
Price: 99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars bad service from Conrad Electronic, 4 Dec 2011
I am still being messed about by Western Digital. Having sent me a substitute product without asking for my approval,and then saying that they had contacted me (No email, no phone call reached me!), they failed to send me a returns label this week. I said to them I needed it to print off at the weekend, as I do not have access to a printer in Surrey, where I am currently spending most of my time. The label arrived on Sunday evening, when I no longer am able to print off the label! I have sent the item back to the address on the invoice, and have a proof of purchase.The late-arriving returns label is for an address in Holland.
This firm is very difficult to deal with, they do not do what they say they will, and their communications are dreadful.

LeapFrog Learn & Groove Activity Station
LeapFrog Learn & Groove Activity Station

5.0 out of 5 stars learn and groove activity station, 20 July 2010
I bought this for my grandson, who is just 6 months, and he enjoys it immensely, playing with the various bits and pieces, and it is handy to pop him into for a few minutes when his mum is busy in the kitchen, keeping him engaged with something to do.He can sit up safely and enjoys making everything move, make noise , or even sucking on it, as he is teething !The adjustable height is good, as he is tall already, and will need lots more leg room in the next 6 months.

Olga Carries On
Olga Carries On
by Michael Bond
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars olga carries on, 4 Jan 2010
This review is from: Olga Carries On (Paperback)
The Olga stories charmed my children 30 years ago and still appeal to little ones now(my 3 yr old grand-daughter is a great fan). Olga's certainty about everything , and her determination to make her presence felt,seems to resonate strongly with small children. Her little domestic adventures,usually stemming from her own attitudes, are scary enough to be exciting, but not so bad as to upset small listeners.They are also much enjoyed by children who are old enough to read them for themselves.