Profile for diane@lee2773.freeserve.co.uk > Reviews

diane@lee2773.freeserve.co.uk (Britain)

Braddle and the Giant
Braddle and the Giant

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Dec. 2012
Fabulous book - a must read. The engaging narrative takes you right into Alfie's world and you feel the surprise with him when he discovers the tiny people living in his garden. Amusing scenarios throughout as he and Braddle try to communicate when they have different words to describe the same things.

The story flows easily between the two worlds and it's easy to find an emotional connection with both characters. I found myself routing for them both but couldn't figure out how they were going to find a resolution to the problem.

The 'pages' kept turning as the adventure progressed and the ending was very satisfactory.

I could easily see this made into a film and I'd be queueing up to see it! Look forward to seeing more from the same author.

Take One Young Man
Take One Young Man
by Vivien Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - please buy this book, 8 May 2000
This review is from: Take One Young Man (Paperback)
I liked the look of this book when I saw it listed on the Amazon web page. I ordered it and I am so glad I did.
It gripped me from the very first page. The characters were believable and likeable and Ms Kelly has gone to great lengths to explore the inner mind of all of the central characters.
It made me laugh, it made me cry and it kept me turning the pages until the very end.
I would recommend this book to anyone - whether you are going on holiday, a long train journey or whether you just want to curl up with a good story - this will keep you gripped in the same way as it did with me.
Well done to Ms Kelly and I look forward to seeing more writing of this standard in the future.