Profile for Stephen Griffiths > Reviews

Content by Stephen Griffiths

Stephen Griffiths (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Epson Polar Bear 26 Ink Cartridge - Photo Black
Epson Polar Bear 26 Ink Cartridge - Photo Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Why is Photo Black only available separately?, 16 Nov. 2014
The printer and cartridges are fine. It prints.
But what is really annoying is the fact that the Photo Black is only available separately and not in the Multipack. Yet even if you are only printing black and white text and therefore one would suppose only using standard black ink, the printer won't work with the photo black cartridge being empty. It doesn't even attempt to print.
I have replaced the Photo Black in the past and in spite of only printing B&W text the Photo Black runs out. I really think this a con.
So very POOR SHOW EPSON. It's a pity I'm stuck with your printer. Had I known about this before purchase I would have chosen a different manufacturer.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2016 8:33 AM GMT

Maths Countdown Game Free
Maths Countdown Game Free

1.0 out of 5 stars Truely awful, 9 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Maths Countdown Game Free (App)
This has to be the worst numbers game I have come across. There is no continuity from one game to another. If you solve the puzzle the game does not stop or tell you that you were successful. Good job it is free. Now
deleted!

Indian Cooking for Pleasure
Indian Cooking for Pleasure
by Premila Lal

5.0 out of 5 stars My first and much loved Indian Cookery book., 8 Oct. 2014
This was my first Indian Cooking book.
It is very well set out with easy to follow recipes and instructions.
Sadly my copy has now fallen apart from frequent use and like many well used cookery books you could tell the favourite recipes by the stains on the page.
Sadly now out of print but if you can get a reasonably good condition second hand one it is worth it.

Watching the English: The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour
Watching the English: The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour

5.0 out of 5 stars Good humoured observations of native English behaviour., 26 Sept. 2014
This was recommended by a friend who lent me her paperback copy. Rather than keep it for too long I decided to buy it for my Kindle.
I've not finished reading it yet. It's the sort of book to read in installments dipping in for a chapter between reading something else.
However I must say that although I have never met the author, she seems to know a lot about me! Worrying!
It is a well observed and written with some dry humour, which I like.
If you are English you may be very familiar with and amused by the observations.
If you are not, it is a useful guide to some otherwise puzzling behaviour found in natives of this Isle.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a great feline favourite., 15 Sept. 2014
I've reviewed this product previously. The cat is still extremely enamoured of his catnip bags. The pack of 10 bags is good value over buying individual ones. As supplied, sealed in plastic bags, the catnip sacks keep for a long time before use.

Digital Concert Hall
Digital Concert Hall

4.0 out of 5 stars At last the App has landed, on Kindle Fire and Android., 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Digital Concert Hall (App)
I've had a subscription to Berlin Philharmoniker which I watch and listen to on my "Smartish" Sony Bravia. Navigating the menu on the TV using the remote control is not exactly the best experience going. It's clunky to say the least. So I was rather pleased to see that it was available as an App for Kindle Fire and Android tablets. First of all I downloaded it onto my Samsung Tab3. The result was less than exciting. Quite a lot of screen freezing and also tablet crashes requiring total restart. Tedious.
So as I also have a Kindle Fire HD I downloaded it onto that too. The result was much better. The tablet was stable and worked fine (so far). The sound via earphones was fine but the added benefit of using the Kindle Fire is that you can connect it, via an HDMI cable, to a TV and hear the sound via an amplifier on decent speakers (No not the TV speakers!). And with good quality images too.
So it is actually easier to find a Archived Concert and play it via the Kindle Fire than it is to find and play it via the "Smart" TV application. Which is a trifle odd, but there you go.
Any downside? Well if you are blessed with a holy iPad or iPhone you have the option of downloading concerts and playing them offline. Not so for the plebeian Android and KF users apparently. I smell discrimination. Maybe it will come later? In which case I will edit the review and award 5 stars rather than 4.

AcuLife Ear Wax Removal Syringe
AcuLife Ear Wax Removal Syringe

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple and effective solution to a recurring problem., 29 Aug. 2014
This arrived today, on time, and was put to use straight away. I was so pleased to receive it as my hearing felt like my head was in a bucket! The wax build up was really unpleasant and the prospect of another 10 day wait to see the Health Practice Nurse was too much to contemplate.
So with some trepidation my partner administered the syringe full of warm water, according to the instructions. Not a lot happened as the wax was still too hard. I then applied some Bicarbonate Ear drops and left them to work for 10 minutes. The next session with the Wax Removal Syringe was a complete success, with a large lump of wax being washed out of my ear and the head in bucket sound effects gone.
The Wax Removal Syringe is simple but effective and safe. The soft tip cannot be placed too far into the ear, so no damage to the ear drum and the water spray comes from three points around the tip but does not squirt directly at the ear drum. Holes in the soft plastic tip allows water and junk to escape.
I think it is probably quite important to soften the wax before using the spray. I used Bicarbonate drops but other types will probably do just as well. It's the softening that is important as it allows the warm water to lift the wax away from the sides of the ear canal.
An inspection with Dr.Mom's Slimline Stainless Otoscope, which I definitely recommend as an adjunct to the AcuLife Ear Wax Removal Syringe, showed that all the obstructions had been removed. Great a wax free lug hole!
I'm sure this will continue to help resolve this recurring but annoying little problem.

Dr Mom Slimline Stainless LED Otoscope in HARD CASE
Dr Mom Slimline Stainless LED Otoscope in HARD CASE
Offered by discount-goods-4-u

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 29 Aug. 2014
This is exactly what I needed to keep a check on my ear canals. I do get wax build up and it is useful to keep it under observation and control. It is handy to check the progress of wax extraction too.This well priced and basically simple otoscope does exactly what is required.

Generic USB Video Otoscope Camera Digital Ear Camera Earscope
Generic USB Video Otoscope Camera Digital Ear Camera Earscope

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose. Don't waste your money., 13 Aug. 2014
This seems like a good idea, but unfortunately it does not work.
1: The magnification is too high at x50. So controlling image movement is almost impossible.
2: Focusing is virtually impossible because of the high magnification and the focus control, such as it is, is very poor.
3: Image colour rendition is poor and confusing. The chip has a lot of spots on it.
4: There is no proper software with the device. What there is crashes with regular monotony.
5: It seems not to function properly with WIN8.1.
6: The instructions are written in a laughably poor translation, so even understanding the very brief instructions is difficult.
7: The ear canal adapters provided are such a loose fit on the end of the otoscope that they are difficult to retain in place.
I have given this a good try, in case it was just me. But quite honestly this needs to go back to the drawing board.
As I said initially, it's a good idea. It's something I could do with to monitor my ear canals, as I get wax build up.
But sorry to say this is being returned as not fit for purpose, I really cannot recommend this item.

Weather Live Free - Detailed Forecasts and Conditions (Local and Worldwide)
Weather Live Free - Detailed Forecasts and Conditions (Local and Worldwide)

1.0 out of 5 stars No thanks, 3 Aug. 2014
Unusable, deleted. Thank goodness it was free.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13