Profile for tektron > Reviews

Content by tektron

tektron

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
NETGEAR PR2000-100EUS Trek Universal N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender and Travel Router

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor rating for this Netgear device - avoid., 14 Sept. 2014
I purchased this item from an Amazon retailer recently with the hope that it could be used while travelling (holidays, family visits, etc) to facilitate Wi-Fi connection with a variety of my portable computer and electronic devices (netbook, tablet, smart phone, etc) to connect to remote Wi-Fi hotspots.
I was pleased with the reduced price of the item, which arrived quickly and safely at my home address as per the usual excellent delivery service from Amazon and its suppliers.
At that point, I decided to trial the item by connecting it in a weak Wi-Fi signal area of my home away from the main router (Virgin Media Super Hub).
I plugged the Netgear extender into a socket and followed all the instructions. I then used my Netbook (Win7) to connect to the SSID of the Netgear router.
This is when the difficulties started.
The Netgear router immediately showed it was receiving a clear and strong (5 bar) signal, even when moving around to various locations in my home.
Unfortunately, no matter what combinations I tried, I could not get it to connect to my home network Internet connection.
Despite many attempts, I could not get it to open up my browser and connect to the Internet. All I got was error messages.
I then contacted Netgear support team by email and explained my problem.
In fairness, I received a prompt and courteous reply from a Netgear support team representative.
But, sadly, the advice I got did not help.
Again, despite several attempts to make connection, the Netgear device failed completely. Just more of the same error messages.
I contacted Netgear support team again, who were very apologetic, but were unable to offer any further help.
I am now returning the item with request for a refund.
I feel this is a pity as the Netgear device itself appeared to be solidly constructed and well made and was certainly capable of picking up my home router's Wi-Fi signal. It is disappointing that the device could not fulfil its promise, as it would certainly have been a highly useful electronic travel accessory.
I feel that reasonably modern developments in this kind of technology should have resulted in a much more user-friendly automatic set up procedure to make this type of device usable. Plug and play? Just my opinion, of course.
Based on this experience, I have given the item a low rating and my recommendation would be - avoid.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2015 7:08 AM GMT

Master Class Chrome Wire Metal Cookbook Stand
Master Class Chrome Wire Metal Cookbook Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Godd solid product., 12 May 2014
Delighted with this product. Used almost continuously now in the kitchen. Great idea and well made, solid product. Suits almost any book.

Now You See Me [DVD]
Now You See Me [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jesse Eisenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and enjoyable movie., 12 May 2014
This review is from: Now You See Me [DVD] (DVD)
Got this on a Blinkbox deal originally, but enjoyed it so much that I decided to get my own copy on DVD. Brilliant!

Pret a Porter (Ready to Wear) [DVD]
Pret a Porter (Ready to Wear) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anouk Aimée

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent funny DVD about fashion industry, 12 May 2014
Have seen this movie previously and enjoyed it on an old VHS format. Wanted to get it on DVD. Result was great. Better quality in every way.

Fast Exercise
Fast Exercise
by Michael Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars Best exercise book yet, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fast Exercise (Paperback)
Mike Mosley has done it again. Fast Diet was brilliant and this exercise book is the perfect complement
How to get fit and - stay fit - in 2 minutes of intensive workout a day. What's not to like?
Tried it.
Loved it.
Try it for yourself.

Find the Tektrons
Find the Tektrons
by George Erskine

5.0 out of 5 stars Good techno thriller., 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Find the Tektrons (Paperback)
Book quality as described by seller. Very happy with this. The books in this series have been revised for digital publishing. Available soon in ebook format.

Beware the Tektrons
Beware the Tektrons
by George Erskine

5.0 out of 5 stars Good techno thriller., 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Beware the Tektrons (Paperback)

Against All Enemies
Against All Enemies
by Tom Clancy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, quick book service, 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Against All Enemies (Paperback)
Good price. Rapid delivery. Item advertised "as new" - but not quite. Small bit of damage at bottom of spine - otherwise in very good condition. Still, I was happy with this and would use this seller again.

Points of Departure (The Robert Fenaday and Shasti Rainhell Chronicle Book 3)
Points of Departure (The Robert Fenaday and Shasti Rainhell Chronicle Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Shasti Fenaday series - best yet., 9 Nov. 2013
Be warned! This writer will grab you by the throat and not let you go.
His books, especially the Shasti Fenaday stories, are not just page turners - they are book turners. As soon as I finished one book, I was furiously looking for the next.
The latest in this series: Points of Departure, is no exception. I loved it.
Edward McKeown has the ability to create intensely compelling plots, and characters so alive and so real that you are THERE fighting every battle with them and caring deeply about their fates.
There are very, very few writers, especially in the fields of Science Fiction, that ever come anywhere near this level.
This is SciFi/Space War writing at its best. More importantly, it is writing at its best.
I strongly urge you to read this guy - but, be careful - you may end up as addicted as I am.

Was Once A Hero (The Robert Fenaday and Shasti Rainhell Chronicle Book 1)
Was Once A Hero (The Robert Fenaday and Shasti Rainhell Chronicle Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun Space Opera in the classic tradition., 22 Oct. 2013
Got hooked on this story after a slightly slow beginning. (Always the same when a good writer is setting the scene and introducing the main characters.)
Once into it, however, it was almost impossible to put down.
This is really excellent full-blooded sci-fi adventure with some of the most believable characters I have encountered for some time.
They laugh and love and bleed and hurt and die but somehow involve you emotionally so much that you cannot help turning the page - and the next one - and the next...
They also compelled me to get the next book in the series as soon as I possibly could.
Yep! I am now an addict.
Keep writing Mr Mckeown - I need my next fix.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3