Profile for Tom Hamson > Reviews

Gavin And Stacey : Complete BBC Series 1 [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ruth Jones
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Gavlarrrrr!!.., 11 Dec. 2010
I bought this DVD after watching two repeats of Gavin and Stacey on BBC Three as I missed out on watching it when it was on BBC 1. I heard it was a really good sitcom and after buying this DVD, I was hooked as a massive Gavin and Stacey fan.

Blown away by the introduction of the main characters meeting each other in the first episode, I decided to watch all 5 other episodes in one go as it was one of the those situations where you just couldn't let go and find out what happened next, especially due to the fact I had only watched the first two episodes!

With such great actors and actresses along with a great storyline, Gavin and Stacey is undoubtedly one of the best sitcoms ever and joins the greats of Spaced and Only Fools.

Overall, I would strongly recommend Gavin and Stacey including the other series DVD's to anyone.

Call of Duty: World at War (PS3)
Call of Duty: World at War (PS3)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Zombies, we love zombies!!.., 11 Dec. 2010
I bought this game of after the recommendation of a friend that it is a `must-buy shooter' game. My friend never lets me down.

The campaign was an action-packed adventure which I fully enjoyed as the Call of Duty franchise returned to the World War II setting. I loved the weapons and the online game play, also of course anyone who has played the game, zombies!

The aim in zombies is to survive for as long as you can, which is extremely fun! You can either play on your own, or with your friends, either with you or by network which add to the fun. Also you can play the game with a maximum of four random players online, which really tests your communication skills.
Overall, I would strongly recommend Call Of Duty - World At War to anyone who loves the Call Of Duty or shooter franchise of games.

Graphics: 8/10

Sound Effects: 8/0

Fun: 9/10

Overall: 8/10

Replacement Nokia Mains Charger (Digitel Technology Branded) fits Nokia: 2626, 3110 Classic, 3250, 5200, 5300, 5500, 6070, 6080, 6085, 6086, 6101, 6103, 6110 Navigator, 6111, 6125, 6131, 6151, 6233, 6234, 6270, 6280, 6288, 6290, 6300, 7360, 7370, 7373, 7390, 8800 Sirocco, E50, E61, E61i, E65, E90, N70, N71, N72, N73, N76, N80, N92, N93, N93i, N95, PT-6

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great quality, all round high quality product.., 10 Dec. 2010
The Nokia phone charger was a replacement needed as my old charger broke. Its use was to charge my phone on a daily basis, which it has done ever since I made the purchase.

I would strongly recommend anyone in need of a Nokia charger as such to buy this one, however to be wary of the reasons behind why I needed a new one in being that the charger insert tip is fairly fragile.

Product Quality: 9/10

Overall: 9/10

Burnout Paradise - The Ultimate Box (PS3)
Burnout Paradise - The Ultimate Box (PS3)
Offered by games.empire

4.0 out of 5 stars At the time, it was the best PS3 racer game.., 10 Dec. 2010
Burnout does exactly what it says on the tin and indeed takes you down to paradise city, providing you with exquisite graphics and bags of fun once in the race stages of the game.

Being a big Burnout fan, it was inevitable that I would make this purchase, only to find a different style to the way the game is played, almost creating an adventure for you to find the races and other types of mini-games such as hitting all the barriers around the city and performing stunts.

What would really put me off a Burnout game however is a poor soundtrack. This game did not let me down. Music from `Alice In Chains', `Airbourne', `The Pigeon Detectives' and of course `Guns N' Roses' was enough to decide to myself that it is a great all round racing game, simply looking for new routes for it's predecessor games.

I would have like many other reviewers have suggested wanted a traditional style Burnout which attracted me to the Burnout franchise in the first place, as it is all action, action, action. However it is a very good racing game, with plenty of game play to attract you to the `boost-based franchise'.

Graphics: 9/10

Sound Effects: 7/0

Fun: 8/10

Dead Space (PS3)
Dead Space (PS3)
Offered by Bridge_Records

4.0 out of 5 stars Very much a classic in the horror genre of games.., 10 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Dead Space (PS3) (Video Game)
Featuring a series of chapters across a level of difficulties, Dead Space is one game that is not for the light hearted.

Being a survival horror game, there always has to be the start to a game where a disaster has occurred. The campaign starts with you playing as a character called Isaac who is an engineer fighting through a mining ship, full of `Necromorph' creatures.

Having owned this game recommended by a friend, I was expecting the horror, the gore, and the ugly. I was not disappointed. In the right mood, the game will attach itself to you and you will find yourself wanting to play more

I would strongly recommend Dead Space to one who loves the survival-horror genre. Expect `jumps'.

Graphics: 8/10

Sound Effects: 9/0

Fun: 8/10

Jabra BT125 Bluetooth Headset
Jabra BT125 Bluetooth Headset

4.0 out of 5 stars Great need, great headset.., 10 Dec. 2010
Easy to use, the Jabra Bluetooth Headset met my expectations with quick measure. I required one for its function to be used with the Sony Playstation 3, it was quick to setup and the instructions are very self-explanitory and simplistic.

When using the headset, the functionality of the product is very good and simple to use. When it is not in use, the charger quickly allows the headset to reach full life which is very good.

The price of the headset is relatively low cost which was ideal for me personally is I was unwilling to pay for the official headset produced by Sony.

I would strongly recommend the Jabra Bluetooth Headset.

Sound: 8/10

Quality Of Product: 8/0

Product Life: 9/10

Overall: 8/10

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the classics of the 00's decade.., 10 Dec. 2010
Call of Duty, is one of the best first-person shooter games ever made. It features a brilliant campaign along with fun, challenging side-missions and also not forgetting the online multiplayer which gifts Activision with one of the best games ever made.

Having owned this game for PS3, I was expecting an action-packed game, which led on from its successor, Modern Warfare. I was not disappointed.

The games brilliant graphics and teeth-gritting game play will keep you ties to the screen for hours and its sound effects allows you to not move away from the screen for a second.

I would strongly recommend Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

Graphics: 9/10