Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Galloway, Scotland)

Sony DSLRA350K Camera (14.2 MP) inc 18-70mm lens
Sony DSLRA350K Camera (14.2 MP) inc 18-70mm lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use, great photos!, 8 July 2009
I have had this camera for a couple of months now and love it. Prior to purchasing the Sony A350 I had a Canon Ixus, but wanted to move to an SLR principally to get better photos of the children. The LiveView originally swung it for me as it felt more familiar than using the viewfinder having been used to a compact camera. However, since using it I have been very comfortable with the viewfinder, especially outside when liveview isn't really viewable. The biggest plus for me is the speed of autofocus, far quicker than the Canon equivalent SLR, and the speed to start up and take photos is great. It is very very easy to use. In fact I haven't had the manual out! - although I mean to in the future, to get even more out of the camera. The additional zoom range with the standard lens is a real bonus, and at the moment I don't feel the need to add any more lenses. Thoroughly recommended to anyone looking for an easy to use SLR which takes great pictures.

Canon IXUS 900 Ti Digital Camera (10.0MP, 3x optical zoom)
Canon IXUS 900 Ti Digital Camera (10.0MP, 3x optical zoom)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 11 Jun. 2007
I have had a Canon Ixus II (3.2mp) for a number of years. But with a new arrival in the family, I wanted to upgrade. My priorities were to be able to point and shoot quickly and produce good quality photos. I read many reviews both on Amazon and elsewhere, and the Canon Ixus 900 Ti came out on top. The big pluses with this camera for me are:

- very quick from turning on to being able to take a photo

- big viewing screen (but still has viewfinder which is handy when battery power is running low when you are out and about and you can turn off the display to save power)

- easy to use and straightforward software

- and most importantly - very good photos!

The camera isn't as thin and sleek as some others on the market, but it does feel robust and lightweight. The optical zoom is adequate, and to get better you have to compromise on size (personal choice).

All in all, very pleased!