Profile for reflectingonwords > Reviews

New and Selected Poems: v. 1
New and Selected Poems: v. 1
by Mary Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Best present ever, 30 Nov. 2013
My aunt said this was the best present she had ever had. I loved the poems so much I bought one for myself too.

New and Selected Poems, Volume 2
New and Selected Poems, Volume 2
by Mary Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for Aunt, 30 Nov. 2013
My aunt loved the book and was delighted to receive it after having enjoyed the first book by Mary Oliver

Speedo Adults Unisex Silicone Swimming Cap
Speedo Adults Unisex Silicone Swimming Cap

2.0 out of 5 stars Reaction to silicone, 30 Nov. 2013
Sadly I reacted to this cap, even though it is apparently unheard of. Tried three separate times giving my red and rough skin time to recover between but it was still the same after only one wearing.

Kenwood Multi Pro FP735 3 Litre Food Processor, 900 Watt, Silver
Kenwood Multi Pro FP735 3 Litre Food Processor, 900 Watt, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars kenwood multi pro, 11 Nov. 2010
*203
As I guessed this processor would be great to use when I can be bothered with all the washing up from using different attachments. I still find that if I have something relatively simple to make I use a knife! However there are certain recipes like making falafel mixture for which I am now finding the multi pro invaluable. The white plastic is easily discoloured if adding spices like turnuric to the mixture.
It is a great shame that the liquidiser can not stand hot liquids as it means I will have to let soups cool down before liquidising and then reheat them to eat which will destroy more vitamins. The multipro parts are already spread across my worktop as I can't fit them in to my limited cupboard space so I will have to think twice about buying another liquidiser.
The small grinder attachment is great for linseed and chia seeds. (chia seeds are too moist for the coffee grinder I bought to grind linseed and risk burning out the motor)