Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for J. Summerfield > Reviews

Content by J. Summerfield

J. Summerfield

The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
by Angela Liddon

3.0 out of 5 stars Had higher hopes, 15 April 2014
I ordered this book and awaited its arrival with great excitement. Having received it and spent some time looking through it, I'm feeling deflated. It's okay.

There are a few interesting recipes amongst a few unexceptional/uninspired ones. She’s not a master chef by any stretch, I’d say she’s just a good blogger who enjoys vegan food. Some of the recipes aren’t really that healthy either. Also there aren’t many main course options.

There are some very clever recipes around for plant-based vegan, gluten-free meals, freely available on the internet. Out of hundreds or thousands of those recipes you’ll find dozens that are really very clever and you’ll want to make them right away. There’s MAYBE a handful of “ooh I’ll make that one!” recipes in this book.

If you’ve got spare money and space for a cookbook just so you have the convenience of not having to get a few recipes online, go for it. For me it didn’t quite tip the balance so I shall be returning it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2015 5:35 AM BST

Gift Republic Name a Star Gift Box
Gift Republic Name a Star Gift Box

1.0 out of 5 stars Please read before buying, 14 Jan. 2012
I would give it 0 stars if I could. I was given this as a gift, and the kind-hearted person who bought it for me misunderstood the nature of this product. This is a novelty item - there is nothing official about the naming of the stars. It's a sham - someone somewhere at Gift Republic has a database they can write your name in. For the princely sum of £10. Great. And the contents of the box are rubbish - some printed documents and a small, budget, low-fi map of the stars. Do not waste your money. I can only imagine the 5* reviews are from the company itself or insane people.

Close Baby Carrier Charcoal
Close Baby Carrier Charcoal

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Disappointing, 9 Jan. 2011
My wife and I did a lot of research into slings. We found this one, read the reviews and it looked perfect.

It's really awful. We dread using it. We honestly can't understand what the other reviewers are talking about when they say it's a good bit of kit. We're not using it anymore - £50 down the drain. The main problems are as follows:

1) Whichever position you place your baby in, after a few minutes of walkng around he/she will invariably end up a rolled up ball in the bottom of the sling. Not very comfortable for you or him/her and you will be constantly trying to adjust the position to try to ensure comfort/breathe space.

2)As soon as you start moving with this sling on, the weight of your baby will pull the front further and further down, with the back of the sling and all of the clothes on your upper body being pulled up at the back. It seems an inevitable problem due to the movement of the sling and friction of the material on your clothes/ It doesn't matter how tight you do it up. You will be contantly adjusting it and trying to keep the back down/support your baby up.

3) There's a huge amount of material to negotiate when putting it on, and to keep out of your way as you go about your avtivities (and it gets hot too).

Wish we could send it back and buy something easier and more effective. We wanted slings but we're going to look into the rigid types of carrier. We would strongly advise against buying this.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2013 1:29 PM BST