Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Sue Mathias > Reviews

Content by Sue Mathias

Sue Mathias

The Shape of Water (The Inspector Montalbano Mysteries Book 1)
The Shape of Water (The Inspector Montalbano Mysteries Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars I read a few pages and didn't like the bad language in it, 19 Mar. 2015
I read a few pages and didn't like the bad language in it, so gave up. WIll not be buying any more.

Amazon Video
Amazon Video

2.0 out of 5 stars and thus I can onlywatch the videos on my phone, 5 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
I wish it could be available on more televisions. My TV is only 2 years old, but it is not compatible, and thus I can only watch the videos on my phone, which isn't really large enough. I also think Amazon should give you the opt out so that you can pay a reduced Amazon Prime amount if you do not avail yourself of the videos. If it was ever made compatible for my TV, then I would be more likely to use it, but until then I will not be able to really, and feel that I'm being made to pay for something I do not use.

A Song for Issy Bradley
A Song for Issy Bradley

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good book. I couldn't put it down, 28 July 2014
Such a good book. I couldn't put it down. Scary to think that one's religious viewpoint could take over one's sanity to such an extent, and yet such a brilliant portrayal of all the family's different ways of coping with the grief they were experiencing. Still wondering about the end though.....

Desperately Seeking Heaven
Desperately Seeking Heaven

1.0 out of 5 stars ... for my Kindle with high hopes but was very disappointed. Beach read, 28 July 2014
I bought this book for my Kindle with high hopes but was very disappointed. Beach read, and nothing more really. There was just no depth to it at all - seemed a pretty ridiculous story to me! Sorry, nobody else seems to agree with me though judging by the other reviews.....

The Gift of Rain
The Gift of Rain
by Tan Twan Eng

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a wonderful book that I couldn't put down, 7 July 2014
This review is from: The Gift of Rain (Paperback)
Just a wonderful book that I couldn't put down. I knew nothing about this bit of history so that in itself made the book worth reading but right from the first page I was gripped. The characters drew me in, the story telling was incredible & the book continued to haunt me long after I'd finished. Would very much recommend it to everyone. Now am going to read his other book....!

Lavera So Fresh Mineral Powder Blusher 4 g Charming Rose 05
Lavera So Fresh Mineral Powder Blusher 4 g Charming Rose 05
Offered by The Natural Skincare Co.

4.0 out of 5 stars Where's the brush?, 23 Jun. 2014
Last time I bought Lavera blusher, there was a little brush in the pot as well...... it's not there now. Lavera must be saving money I suppose, but it's a bit of a pain. Otherwise would have had 5 stars.

Mozart : Requiem & Ave Verum Corpus
Mozart : Requiem & Ave Verum Corpus

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 17 Feb. 2014
I wanted an mp3 version to play on my pc as I work, and must admit I did go for the cheapest - now I know why it was cheap! Every now and then the cd "jumps" or "sticks". It is a poor recording. Sorry!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2015 9:24 AM GMT

Four Given - Jesus is calling YOU
Four Given - Jesus is calling YOU

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me think, 14 Oct. 2013
Our eponymous hero's life is in meltdown. He and his wife take a weekend break to try to restore some sanity to their lives, and on a walk one afternoon while his wife is resting, he meets Yesh who, in a style reminiscent of "The Shack", talks to Malo, seems to know an awful lot about him, and gives him a stone. By the end of the book he has collected 4 stones, each of which has a symbol on it, the letters YHWH in Hebrew. The meaning of the symbols is given individually as the stones are given, but at the end it is all drawn together in a beautiful way to show us just what God has done and continues to do for us. The book seems superficial at the start, but as you read on, you become aware that what you are reading is profound and beautiful, and mirrors your own life. Quite apart from the lessons Malo learns as he meets Yesh on different occasions throughout the weeks after his weekend break, just remembering again that Jesus draws alongside us and is by our side as we walk through our lives is ego shattering and mind blowing. You will be challenged when you read this book, you will re-evaluate your priorities and if you're anything like me, you will realise yet again how we fill our lives with STUFF. There is a sad twist at the end of the story, and the message encoded at the very end of the book is just beautiful. Read, enjoy, be challenged.

Piezo Electric Spark Gas Lighter Ignitor Igniter BBQ Blue
Piezo Electric Spark Gas Lighter Ignitor Igniter BBQ Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good as I had hoped, 14 Mar. 2013
I guess you get what you pay for - this feels flimsy and often doesn't light the gas the first try. Keep trying though and you will get there! I wouldn't buy one again, but I'll keep it till it breaks