Profile for C. van Blerk > Reviews

Content by C. van Blerk

C. van Blerk (UK)

Gel Comfortable Bunion Aligning Toe Socks Yoga Massage Separate Straighten Cushion Comfort Protect Feet Foot Blood Circulation Pain Relieving Relief Hot Pink
Offered by UK Ecological Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed that these socks came very quickly from the other ..., 21 Dec. 2015
Amazed that these socks came very quickly from the other side of the world, at a very affordable price! They do exactly what they are meant to do. Great purchase!

Old Sock
Old Sock

4.0 out of 5 stars Old Sock, but not old hat!, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Old Sock (Audio CD)
I was initially cautious about ordering Old Sock, because I'd read some distinctly COLD reviews, and I can see what the reviewers mean about the laid-back style from Eric, but I like it! It's not Cream or Derek, but I wasn't expecting that. Eric's a lot older, and so am I!
I like his interpretation of old standards, I love the reggae input and the couple of dobro tracks are superb.
Don't buy it if you're looking for a rave-up, but go for it if you appreciate an old master!!!

The Long Way Home
The Long Way Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Great group, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Long Way Home (MP3 Download)
Great track!
I had the pleasure of seeing Hot Club live recently, and this was a stand-out interpretation of a Tom Waits composition!

Corrie Folk Trio With Paddie Bell / Promise Of The Day
Corrie Folk Trio With Paddie Bell / Promise Of The Day

4.0 out of 5 stars Early Corries - PLUS, 3 Feb. 2011
Personally, I think think this CD is a bit expensive! However, if (like me) you want to hear the early years of the Corries in the format of the Corrie Folk Trio, with the bonus of the divine voice of Paddie Bell, then it's affordable.
Two LPs rolled onto one CD featuring good Scottish folk harmonies with proficient instrumental backing. Of the 24 tracks, the highlights for me would be the melodic "Verdant Braes O'Screen" and Paddie's chilling vocal on "Fear a Bhata". At a more competitive price, I'd have given it 5 stars!

Boy Cries Wolf
Boy Cries Wolf

4.0 out of 5 stars Gary Stewart - worth a listen, 30 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Boy Cries Wolf (MP3 Download)
This debut album shows off the talents of Gary Stewart as a singer, guitarist and songwriter! If we're looking for "labels", then I would have to put this in the folk music category, but there is a pleasing modern aspect to it.
I have seen Gary play live and he does covers very proficiently. On this album, it's understandable that his own material is delivered with much more passion.
Give it a listen - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

I Wish I Was in New Orleans
I Wish I Was in New Orleans

4.0 out of 5 stars Stage vs Studio, 3 Mar. 2010
I had the pleasure of seeing these guys live at the weekend - superb!
It has to be said that the stage line-up differs from the CD musicians, but both appear proficient. The core elements are Debbie on vocals (and guitar on stage) and Justin, a very talented keyboard-player and backing vocalist. They blend together very well and have great rapport.
If you appreciate New Orleans style jazz, then this (slightly expensive) CD is a good investment. A mix of Dr John, Fats Domino & Professor Longhair - highly entertaining!

Holly Wood
Holly Wood
Offered by A1tradingGB

4.0 out of 5 stars Three Voices - nothing else required!, 13 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Holly Wood (Audio CD)
If you are a fan of three-part harmonies and/or acapella, then this is worth buying.
Their version of "The Parting Glass" is up there with the Clancys and Wailin' Jennys. Intensely beautiful!

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Xbox 360)
Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Xbox 360)
Offered by SelectGames

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice Age 3 - Fantastic!, 29 Jan. 2010
This was a gift for my grandchildren (aged 4 & 5). I've checked with my son and the review was superb. The graphics are first class, the kids are enthralled and from my point of view, it's great value for money. Five stars across the board!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed To Deliver, 24 Nov. 2009
Six hours AFTER the email which notified me that my Combo had been dispatched, I received a refund because the goods were out of stock. So, I can't tell you much about the product, but I wouldn't rush to use the supplier again. Poor show!
HP 21/22 Combo Pack (1xBK/1xC)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2010 2:20 PM GMT