Profile for J. Roberts > Reviews

Content by J. Roberts

J. Roberts (Rochdale,Lancs, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
An Abundance of Rain
An Abundance of Rain

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one to recommend unless you like light reading, 8 Oct. 2014
Not one to recommend unless you like light reading. It is so similar to Drinkwater's other books that I could guess most of the story from about a quarter way in. Saying that I am in the process of reading all genres to help with my Advanced Creative Writing module with the Open University for my Honours degree. I am learning what to do and, in this case, what not to do when writing.
If you want light holiday reading then this is one to choose.

The Mysterious Miss Mayhew
The Mysterious Miss Mayhew

3.0 out of 5 stars An easy read with few surprises, 30 Sept. 2014
An easy read with few surprises. It filled up two or three days for me but did not take much to work out who was who and what was going to happen. I am glad I did not pay full price and that, being a Kindle book, it will not take up any space on my bookshelves.

Everbuild CONPVA5 Contractors PVA 5Kg
Everbuild CONPVA5 Contractors PVA 5Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Sept. 2014
Does what it says on the pack and at a reasonable price.

Someone to Save You
Someone to Save You

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written if you like not having to work too hard when reading, 7 Sept. 2014
This starts off okay, outlining background stories that will become clear near the end, the middle section grabs your interest much more as many red herrings are thrown in. However, by halfway through the book I had realised the culprit. The ending was all too quick, just one or two very short chapters to explain why, where and who and to add an epilogue. Well written if you like not having to work too hard when reading, it took me about 4 hours to read. Not my usual reading material but having to read many various genres ready for my Open University final degree course.

Kärcher K2 Compact Air-Cooled Pressure Washer
Kärcher K2 Compact Air-Cooled Pressure Washer

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 6 July 2014
Returned as not suitable for our needs.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2014 1:14 PM BST

Four Seasons of Creative Writing: 1,000 Prompts to Stop Writer's Block (Story Prompts for Journaling, Blogging and Beating Writer's Block)

5.0 out of 5 stars 1,000 prompts, 14 Jun. 2014
As I am doing an Advanced Creative Writing module starting October 2014 to finish my BA Hons degree with the Open University, I thought this would be an ideal gift to myself. I intend using one prompt each day to get into the habit of writing creatively after 4 years of academic essays. Ideal on my Kindle which I can take with me wherever I go.

The Munich Air Disaster
The Munich Air Disaster
by Stephen Morrin

5.0 out of 5 stars The Munich Air Disaster, 15 May 2014
This book tells the real story, the effect it had and the details in a clear and descriptive style that is an easy read. Sometimes sad, sometimes funny, it is written with real feeling.

Manchester's Finest: How the Munich air disaster broke the heart of a great city
by David Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Manchester's Finest, 19 April 2014
My partner, not only a lifelong Manchester United fan but also brought up in Stretford, is reading this and remembering the events covered. He says he defies anyone to read it without having a tear in their eye. He was 21 at the time, knew Duncan Edwards personally along with other team members who were lost. David Hall's book is superbly written and recalls a time when everybody in the city and beyond felt involved. A must read but have a hankie ready.

Metaltex Stainless Steel Heat Diffuser Simmer Ring 21cm (For use with Gas Hobs Only)
Offered by CutPriceDirect

3.0 out of 5 stars Heat diffuser ring, 19 April 2014
I bought this item to use with a new cooking pan that was delivered with instructions that it needed one of these diffusers. The diffuser works wonderfully but unfortunately the new pan only lasted for one use!!! Now have a diffuser that I don't need at the moment. It is stored away neatly for the future...lol

100 Selected Poems
100 Selected Poems
by E. E. Cummings

5.0 out of 5 stars Poems by e,e,cummings, 19 April 2014
This review is from: 100 Selected Poems (Paperback)
A wonderful collection of his poems, in good condition and quickly despatched. A lovely addition to my library and a great help with my Open University English studies.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12