Profile for J. Roberts > Reviews

Content by J. Roberts

J. Roberts (Rochdale,Lancs, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Tiger sticky text highlighter strips
Tiger sticky text highlighter strips
Offered by best deal 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars highlighter strips, 7 Mar. 2012
These are brilliant, such a help during my studying for highlighting important points without marking the books. They are re-usable, low tack and in several colours. Will be buying more as my studying continues.

Tiny Red 'Rose' Stud Earrings In Silver Tone Metal - 10mm Diameter
Tiny Red 'Rose' Stud Earrings In Silver Tone Metal - 10mm Diameter
Offered by Avalaya Jewellery

4.0 out of 5 stars Red roses, 1 Feb. 2012
These earrings are very pretty and a gorgeous colour but the posts are slightly wobbly so I will only wear them occasionally. What can you expect from costume jewellery at a reasonable price? Delivery was quick, packaging was great. Would buy from them again.

d-c-fix® Sticky Back Plastic (self adhesive vinyl film) Woodgrain Beech 67.5cm x 2m 346-8056
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Sticky...yes, 27 Nov. 2011
This sticky back plastic is for tidying up cupboards in the utility room and matches very well to new kitchen units. A good saving on money & time. What else can I say?? Quick delivery, good rapport with seller after a small problem with the order.

Echoes
Echoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Echoes, 23 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
As always, Will has produced a fabulous collection of songs. I love it and recommend it to all who love his music.

Wonder Cats: True Tales of Extraordinary Felines
Wonder Cats: True Tales of Extraordinary Felines
by Ashley Morgan

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonder Cats, 23 Oct. 2011
This was purchased as a Xmas present for an elderly, cat loving sister-in-law. I am not a cat lover so have not opened said book. I'm just hoping she will love it!!!

Foul Deeds and Suspicious Deaths Around Rochdale (Foul Deeds & Suspicious Deaths)
by John Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Foul Deeds & Suspicious Deaths around Rochdale., 18 Sept. 2011
This is a fascinating book full of information about people whose surnames live on in the area. Places close by or farther away, it adds to the aura of the Southerners view of 'flat caps and whippets'. Definitely more than that goes on here, read it and see.

More Memories of Rochdale
More Memories of Rochdale

5.0 out of 5 stars Rochdale, 18 Sept. 2011
More Memories of Rochdale is a lovely book giving photos of the area and information that I find fascinating.Not originally from the North of England, I enjoy delving into the history of the area I now live in, Wonderful.

A GUIDE TO THE INDUSTRIAL ARCHAEOLOGY OF WHITWORTH INCLUDING BROADLEY, FACIT, MILLGATE AND SHAWFORTH. (INDUSTRIAL HERITAGE)
by MIKE ROTHWELL

5.0 out of 5 stars Industrial Heritage, 18 Sept. 2011
This guide to the Industrial Archaelogy of Whitworth including Broadley,Facit,Millgate and Shawforth is fascinating. It deals with the village in which I live, gives photos and maps of the area, shows mills now long demolished and gives amazing detail.I am interested in what was here before me, my house has been built on foundations of a 200 year old barn on a river bank. If that was not interesting enough I now know what buildings were all around the site. Thank you for providing the chance for me to see all that. Worth every penny.

Bath Sponge
Bath Sponge
Offered by aids4mobility

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Handled Bath Sponge, 16 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Bath Sponge (Personal Care)
This is an excellent aid for my partner enabling him to completely bathe himself again. He can now reach the parts even Carlsberg cannot reach!! Although I do not mind helping him bathe this sponge has given him back some personal privacy too.
Such a simple idea and at a reasonable price.

A 1950s Childhood: From Tin Baths to Bread and Dripping
A 1950s Childhood: From Tin Baths to Bread and Dripping
by Paul Feeney

5.0 out of 5 stars 1950s childhood, 27 Jun. 2011
A brilliant & easy read. It brought back so many memories of my childhood -I was born in 1950 - and the detail was fascinating.
However, it is a 'story' of a childhood in the towns/cities & I lived in a very rural village, on a farm,so many things were missing from the point of view of such children as I.
I do recommend it highly though for those of us of a certain age. I just wish the younger generation of today would read it to see how easy they have it - indoor toilets, central heating, quick cook foods etc etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12