Profile for Kloklo > Reviews

Sony ICD-PX312 - Digital voice recorder - flash 2 GB - MP3 - black
Offered by magicdiscounts
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!!, 26 April 2013
I have it for over a year and its amazing! Easy to use, perfect recordings every time! Sturdy and batteries can last for ages but just so to be sure never forget to carry a spare.

Powerslide Thunder Ice Skate - Black / White, Size 39
Powerslide Thunder Ice Skate - Black / White, Size 39
Price: 44.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for a beginner!, 26 April 2013
I have only skated a few times but after the first time I defiantly wanted my own skates, mostly for hygiene and for the lack of quality and balance the once I rent lack. Borrowed skates are old and you can't really balance in the first place as a beginner imagine what a worn blade could do.. Anyway I love these skates! As comfortable as you wouldn't imagine and I've received the right size as well! My size is EU 39-40,5 so with 41 I was in heaven! One more plus side is that they secure your leg easily with plastic straps which helped immensely as I'm overweight and my leg was never slim enough for boots or any kind of shoe that went over the ankle. Furthermore, they are light and helped with my balance and body posture as well. I'd say that they are perfect for the price and the quality you are getting! My friends were amazed as well!

Parker IM Black Gold Trim Ball Point Pen
Parker IM Black Gold Trim Ball Point Pen
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as always, 13 Mar 2013
Great pen at a great price! I'm so upset that I bought the same minus the gold platting for 30 pounds locally... What was I thinking...

C'est Ca Cakes Adult Standard PVC Apron
C'est Ca Cakes Adult Standard PVC Apron

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but.., 19 Dec 2012
I wanted a PVC apron because I tend to get wet during the washing of the dishes and lets not mention the spillage of dough or whatever other mixture on my clothes. It's nice and adjustable but the pockets in front if the apron are troublesome for me. The water gets in and after using baking coloring I now have a blue stain as a few drops trickled in the pocket... Oh well... My only regret? I don't like pink but the dispatching period was shorter than the blue ones. Something that proved to be false as amazon ignored my wish to be dispatched along with my other orders so it arrived about two weeks later...

Epson EH-TW480 HD-Ready 720p Home Cinema Projector (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars For 720p it's really good., 19 Dec 2012
As a movie lover I wanted something portable for my dorm room. A tv wasn't an option for many reasons so although I wanted to get an Optoma at first I heard many complains about the rainbow effect. Although is marketed as a gamers projector I have to admit that it's really good for movies as well.

Pros

The adjustable image comes handy but picture a white odd square and inside of that whatever you want to project in a second one...
The HD is interesting even without using a screen. The vividness of colours is amazing but the blacks are lacking. Not to worry though that's a common occurrence with projectors.
It's easy to set up as long as you have an HDMI...
The controller is easy to handle
Light enough and small sized in order to put it in your cabin luggage. (Check with your airline first though)
Bright projection even with lights or for day-time view.
It's a bit noisy but not all that much. Gradually you will tune it out.

Cons

The quality of DVDs is not a praising one, but if you use upscaling with a PS3 I guess you can fix that.
The speakers are awful but if you don't have a budget they are fine... The volume can be adjusted and that's actually a nice thing. However awful they might be even if set at 1 you can hear easily everything but they are not suited for a home theater.

A nice projector to have overall. The bulb has the lengthiest life span I've known and I'm sure that it will keep me happy in my dorm during the weekend winter nights and the summer nights outside in the garden with my friends afterwards.

Bridget Jones's Diary / The Edge of Reason [DVD]
Bridget Jones's Diary / The Edge of Reason [DVD]
Dvd ~ Renee Zellweger

5.0 out of 5 stars More than what I was expecting..., 4 Oct 2012
Not only did I get a bunch of bonus material with each movie but I got the pack with "the missing bits".
Good movies if you like romantic comedies and with Hugh Grant and Colin Firth everything else just stay in the background. For less than 3 pounds I got 2 movies and an extra disk in a very interesting packaging.

Dexter: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dexter: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael C. Hall
Price: 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea but strangely enough..., 23 Jun 2012
I watched my first Dexter episode on TV and then rented the whole 4th season.... I moved to the 5th and the 6th and then I thought why not start watching the previews ones as well?

To be honest I'm not into serial killers and dead bodies... Much less on creepy sick minds that kill for enjoyment etc. What intrude me was the whole blood thing. So far I've watched a few CSI episodes because I like the who did it game than the sick recreations. WIth Dexter it was all about blood. I have to admit that I was always fascinated with blood when it comes to the medical field and not to a criminal scene. You can tell so much from just about a drop but in any case the fact that it combined mystery, a not so common serial killer and the autobiographical way the story unfolds slowly in about 12 episodes per season had me sold to actually liking a series like that.

The only advise I can give is that if you want to watch the series do it from the 4th one and then go back as the first one bored me a little though at the price of 5 euros (4) for the 1st Season, it was quite a bargain if I ever want to buy the rest seasons.

The Invention of Lying [DVD]
The Invention of Lying [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ricky Gervais
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 2.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as you may think.. Here is why:, 28 May 2012
This review is from: The Invention of Lying [DVD] (DVD)
So it wasn't a great movie but it was enjoyable. The message was loud and clear but many times it failed to deliver.

It's a simple movie and a not so hot romantic comedy but far better from the usual vulgar comedies that have been released so far.

I really liked the simplicity to be honest and it was a great way to spend our Saturday night with my family.

An atheist movie? Nope. You might think it is but on the other hand I didn't find it offending and I'm a deeply religious person.

Another great part is the soundtrack and of course the Elvis Costello singing "Sitting"

If you don't want to buy a new dvd just get one for 0.01 plus delivery... I did and I certainly didn't regret it.

Stardust [DVD] [2007]
Stardust [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Michelle Pfeiffer
Offered by streetsahead
Price: 2.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, Awful Dvd, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Stardust [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
First let me tell you that this is an amazing movie. Its original plot kept me interested yet it falls in to cliches but overall it's an enjoyable movie... I first bought the Special Edition on DVD but after my birthday party a few months ago it disappeared or most likely was "borrowed" without permission as it was one of the 2 movies I got out of my collection racks in order to chose between after diner... Long story short I had to replace it but the standard edition is simply AWFUL! The resolution is so bad that doubt I'll ever watch it again but it also lacks the deleted scenes that I wanted to watch again... So if you have a Blu Ray player please buy it on HD and don't waste half its price on this. It's a good movie and I was tempted from the start to get it on BR which has the bonus features and I'm sure amazing clarity!

The Matrix [Blu-ray] [1999] [Region Free]
The Matrix [Blu-ray] [1999] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves
Price: 7.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled, 15 May 2012
There are many movies out there that will be forgotten in the next decades but some will be remembered through time for various reasons. If you are not someone who likes hoarding movies or simply wants a satisfying movie night I'd recommend The Matrix. If you are on the cinefile you most probably have this movie on your shelf or have already watch it in cinemas back in 99'. Whatever its the case, the remastering of this movie on Blu Ray was a very good example of how a 90's movie can still compete with all this Crp they release nowdays..

If you have seen Dark City and you loved as much as I do then give this movie a go in Blu Ray...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4