Profile for Mr. D. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. Smith

Mr. D. Smith "Buckley Fan" (UK)

Sid Meier's Civilization V Brave New World [Online Game Code]
Sid Meier's Civilization V Brave New World [Online Game Code]

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, 8 Aug. 2013
First off, this DLC on Amazons page is listed as Mac use only, however it works perfectly with windows. All you need to do is take the 15 digit code, which you can find in your amazon account or in the email confirming your purchase, then enter it into steam. It should automatically start to download the DLC!

Now, for the game!
If you are looking at this then you are likely familiar with the Civ series and will know how addictive it is. This DLC is no different! It adds alot of new features into the game based on culture and religion, however I've noticed a huge improvement in how the AI acts. They actually move units tactically now and it adds a huge bonus to the game. They still attempt to make ridiculous trade offers but it's a step in the right direction.

The price is the main reason I went for Amazon. Steam is currently offering it for £20, which for DLC is a bit pricey for my liking, so I'd advise you to get this deal before it changes.

It's definitely worth it if you're a Civ fan and paired with Gods and Kings it makes the game utterly addictive and brilliant.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2013 7:48 PM BST

Zoom 4411-00-00F Wireless-N USB Adapter
Zoom 4411-00-00F Wireless-N USB Adapter
Offered by SmartTeck

3.0 out of 5 stars Great...when it worked., 9 Jun. 2012
I bought this a few months back after my old adapter broke, and reading the good reviews on here I thought it would be great. After buying it, it was easy to set up, just plug in and go if I remember correctly and it worked on windows 7. Speed was fast so I was really pleased. However...(there's always a catch...right?)after a good few months the adapter decided to stop working completely. It would pick up an internet signal saying I was connected but I wouldn't be able to access any websites. So I tried a different adapter and it worked.

So skip to today and I try it again. VOILA! It works...for about 2 hours before it dies again.

So basically if you decide to buy this and it works, you will be pleased, however keep in mind that it may break and force you to buy another adapter when you shouldn't have needed to.

I gave it 3 stars as it was great when it worked, but since breaking I wouldn't want to buy one again.

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB, 6 Mar. 2012
So I recently bought this music player as my old one had broke and it was a really good deal. Now I've had a little go on it I feel I can make a good enough review for it.

It arrived nicely packed. Really difficult to get out of the packaging actually but that kinda says it won't get as easily damaged, so I'm not too bothered about that. It came with headphones which I haven't used yet but which is nice anyway, and a usb cable to connect to your PC.

So first I decided to try it out. There is some free tracks on there to do this so you can try straight away. Straight away I was disappointed in the volume. As I mainly use my mp3 for running, when you're up against a car you need your music to be loud, and this was never going to work. Luckily I went to google and found an answer to my problem. When setting up the mp3 player, you need to set the region to 'rest of the world' and NOT 'UK'. This will bump up the volume considerably.

It's nice and easy to use on your computer, just plug it into your USB and it should start installing, then you just drag and drop your music. Simple enough. Worked fine for me initially, but when trying to put music on for the 2nd time all my music had disappeared. My music is still all ok though when accessing the actual mp3 player, it's just a bit of an annoyance to figure out what music is already on my mp3 player.

Other than that, it has a clip to clip onto clothing or something else so it doesn't fall off or jump about. Only thing that bothered me about this is there's no hold button. I don't use the clip often and without the hold button I don't feel as safe knowing my track could skip at any second, but the buttons are quite firm so this hasn't happened to me yet.

For those who don't want to read all of that;
Pros:
Small and compact
Very easy to put music onto
Very easy to select music on mp3
Has nice EQ settings
Plenty of space for music/other media

Cons:
No hold button
Volume very quiet for UK region
Music disappearing from folder when opening on computer (I haven't seen that problem in anyone elses review)

So there we go. If given the choice again I would probably not buy the Sansa Clip+. And for the £30-£40 I paid I expected a bit more from the thing, instead of just paying for the size of the memory card. Other than that it's a nice little mp3 player. It just doesn't suit me, but it may be great for you.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2012 12:28 AM GMT

Philips/Magnavox Universal 8 in 1 Remote Control - Smart - Very Smart!
Philips/Magnavox Universal 8 in 1 Remote Control - Smart - Very Smart!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 23 Oct. 2009
I bought this remote about a month ago purely because it was cheap. However, I thought I'd made a mistake when recieving the product as it wouldn't program to my TV. I put it back in the box and came back to it today and it worked first time, I have no idea why.

It look's good also, slight delay switching between channels but that's no bother. The only problem is it doesn't have a hdmi/scart button, so I have to manually flick through to get to it.

If someone tells me there is one, then it probably deserves 5 stars, but I'm giving it 4.

Kung Pow - Enter the Fist [2002] [DVD]
Kung Pow - Enter the Fist [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Oedekerk
Offered by wantitcheaper

2.0 out of 5 stars Funny??, 1 Jun. 2007
I read reviews for this, and was pretty excited to watch it. Its made by the same people who did Ace Ventura, so I thought it would be excellent.

How wrong I was!!!

The first scene involving the baby ruined it for me. Its the kind of comedy that 60 year olds, who get insulted by swearing, like.

The cow scene was so lame too.

It did get marginally better later in the film, but by then I had lost concentration.

I was expecting a mocking of the martial arts genre. A COMEDY I was told.

Instead I felt like I had wasted an hour of my life.

Its only an opinion, but I would only reccomend buying this if you like 'You've been framed' and 'Creature comforts'

You may feel I'm a bit harsh with this, especially if you're a fan. But as a 19 year old who likes The Mighty Boosh (which is also classed as 'random') and loves the martial arts genre, I have every right to be.