Profile for Airi Momo > Reviews

Content by Airi Momo

Airi Momo "mart" (Hants, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Senran Kagura Burst (Nintendo 3DS)
Senran Kagura Burst (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by SupaStock

5.0 out of 5 stars Jugs!!!, 3 Mar 2014
Senran Kagura is not for all tastes but I love it. Games of this flavour are extremely popular in Japan and don't usually make it to the UK but this one has, woohoo! The combat is pretty frantic but great fun once you get used to it and there's a lot of game to get through as missions can be completed with each character in normal and frantic modes (frantic mode is when you're in your bikini etc with high attack/low defence). Also there are two story modes (essentially two games in one). The graphics are excellent and the voice acting is Japanese with English subtitles which keeps the characters the way they were intended to be. It looks amazing in 3D and I'm really enjoying my time playing Senran Kagura Burst and perhaps predictably, I highly recommend it.

Sony PlayStation 4 Console (PS4)
Sony PlayStation 4 Console (PS4)
Offered by Talbot Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected!, 2 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After reading/watching a lot of PS4 console reviews I was expecting the PS4 to be good, but not this good. The user interface is very simple to operate, extremely fluid and fast and looks really good too. I've had no technical issues at all. The unit is surprisingly small, slick and sexy. The Dualshock 4 controller is unbelievably good - feels amazing in my hands, every button is in the right place and easy to get to. The little speaker is a nice touch and I haven't had any issues with battery life. I'm surprised that there are any negative comments about the DS4 all, it's fantastic! The PS Store loads up mega fast and I love the way you can press the PS button while playing a game and you're instantly taken to the home screen, then press x and you go straight back to the game - very cool. I don't have a PS camera so I can't comment yet but I have one coming and I'm pretty excited about it from what I've seen. Streaming is awesome and very easy to do and watch. Another great feature is that the PS4 downloads and installs in the background while you're doing other stuff, it's all very seamless. Downloading and installing on the PS3 was a pain in the butt. I can't remember everything at the moment but I can say that I LOVE my new PS4 and can't fault it. Very highly recommended to anyone interested in getting a PS4.

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4)

1.0 out of 5 stars my honest opinion, 25 Nov 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I loved Modern warfare and played it loads but with each new release COD has become truly awful. I really dislike it now. I've tried to go back to it several times as all my friends play it and I'd love to play it with them but it's no good, I can't enjoy it (I really have tried). I truly have no idea why it's so popular. Compared to almost all other AAA games the graphics are woeful. the gameplay, which I imagine is one of the reason many COD fans would tell me they enjoy it, is so ridiculously fast and unrealistic it shocks me that Activision haven't been shot themselves. It looks and feels like an out-of-date arcade game. Sorry if COD fans get upset with this review as that is not my intention. I just don't get it and I love shooters. Medal of Honour and battlefield are far better games although still not perfect. Ghosts is an improvement over previous COD games but that's not really saying much.

If you really love COD games or just want to support Activision then I'm sure you'll love Ghosts but for me and anyone else like me - I have to say stay away. Sorry.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2013 10:19 PM GMT

SteelSeries Surface QcK - Diablo III Wizard Edition (PC)
SteelSeries Surface QcK - Diablo III Wizard Edition (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 29 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This Diablo 3 surface is a lot bigger than I expected but turns out I can still fit it on my desk. Love the design and the quality is top drawer (and it's limited edition). Highly recommended

Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 22 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I recently bought a pc as a change from PS3 gaming and Diablo III was always the first game I was going to purchase. I played Diablo years ago on the original Playstation and was hooked, but since those wonderful days of gaming Blizzard's Diablo has been missing from the world of consoles (although it's being released shortly on PS3/PS4 - slightly ironic). Anyway the game is great and it feels so familiar even though I haven't played Diablo since the first instalment. The graphics have obviously been updated and the game looks really good. I'm still getting used to using a mouse for games but so far I've had no problems playing D3. Not sure why there are so many negative reviews because I love it and would most definitely recommend it.

Queens are Trumps -Kirifudawa Queen-
Queens are Trumps -Kirifudawa Queen-

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 9 Dec 2012
I totally agree with the other reviewer, Queens are Trumps is fantastic from beginning to end. In fact I'm listening to it right now and basically have to force myself to turn it off because it's so damn addictive. All the tracks are extremely well polished, Kill the Virgin is my personal favourite. If you are on the fence, get off and slam dunk yourself a Queens are Trumps cd (or digital download) and support SCANDAL products on amazon (and Japanese music in general). AWESOMENESS on a cd! (or a digital download) :)

The Cove [DVD] [2009]
The Cove [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Louie Psihoyos

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting!, 8 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Cove [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I have to say that I knew nothing about 'The Cove' when I sat down to watch it and thought it was going to be another brilliant underwater documentary that would be wonderful and interesting.

What on earth is going on? If somebody had told me that 'The Cove' would shock me and I would have trouble watching parts of it I would have told them that they were gravely mistaken. Especially given that I love horrible shocking films that most people I know can't or don't want to watch. But oh my goodness did it absolutely destroy me more than anything I have ever experienced from a tv screen. At one point I resorted to tilting my head down for a few seconds because I couldn't bear the pain of what I was seeing and needed to recompose myself before continuing. Maybe it's because I am such a big animal lover (I have two cats, three fish tanks and a corn snake) but one thing is for sure, if you are rather sensitive to cruelty to animals etc then I would recommend you think it through before watching this. I told my wife not to see it, in fact I wouldn't even tell her what it was about. She is very sensitive to things of this nature you see.

'The Cove' highlights a very serious problem for the dolphins of Taiji in a very serious way and I will never forget it. It's impossible to be excited about a film that made me feel so bad but if you think you can watch it, then you definately should, and don't forget to tell everyone you know about it too (unless they are too sensitive of course). After all, that's the whole point.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3)
Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Very addictive!, 7 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'll be honest, I only picked this game up because I wanted something different as I'd already played Battlefield 3, AC Revelations, Uncharted 3, Skyrim etc. and as it turned out LOTR:WITN is an absolutely brilliant game. There are enough RPG character building elements to make you feel like you have some control over how you develop your Elf/Dwarf/human warriors and the combat is fantastic with bonus EXP for limb severing moves etc. And the story is actually very good as it flows side by side with the original books/movies so you meet Frodo, Gandalf and many other characters along your adventures, all of which are voiced very well by the way. Also, I bought my copy of the game from a well known GAME store that sell a very good looking steelbook edition which I'm very pleased with. All in all LOTR:WITN is a great Action-RPG title with many, many, many hours of very enjoyable storytelling, side-quests, finding equipment, combat and more. Highly recommended!

Hana-Bi
Hana-Bi

5.0 out of 5 stars The most emotive music I've ever owned..., 2 Dec 2011
This review is from: Hana-Bi (Audio CD)
You have to listen to it to know - it's so beautiful/heartbreaking and definately the most precious cd in my collection. If you love the film (starring Japanese legend Takeshi Kitano) then you will have an idea of what lies in store. I highly recommend this amazing film score - easily the best money you'll spend on a soundtrack.

Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance Collector's Edition Combi Pack [Blu-ray]
Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance Collector's Edition Combi Pack [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Kotono Mitsuishi

5.0 out of 5 stars Under my skin!, 2 Dec 2011
The first rebuild movie was very good but I felt as though something was missing...and now I know what it is - the second rebuild movie. You Can (Not) Advance really grabs you and makes you start to genuinely care about the characters and even smash your way in through the TV to become a part of it. Fantastic animation, great humour and brutal action. Really really really good! I can't wait for the third and fourth movies (due in about a year or so - Aaaah), hurry up and bring 'em on!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4