Profile for eddie > Reviews

Content by eddie

eddie

Page: 1 | 2
UniRoss X-Press 700 Battery Charger inc 4 x AAA 1000 mAh Rechargeable Batteries & Car Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges batteries, 18 Jun 2013
Handy little AA and AAA battery charger with 4 batteries. On;y takes about 90 minutes to full charge 4 batteries which I use for elec toothbrushes etc. Also has a nice car adaptor, which I haven't used yet, but I am sure I will.

Thermos Intak 710 ml Hydration Bottle with Meter, Smoke
Thermos Intak 710 ml Hydration Bottle with Meter, Smoke

5.0 out of 5 stars Hydration bottle, 18 Jun 2013
This is a nice water bottle for filling up with water and leaving it on your desk. Not the best to drink directly from but to fill a glass with its great. The meter is a nice touch, but you'll get bored of using that in no time.

MFH Molle Drink Modular System olive Size:L
MFH Molle Drink Modular System olive Size:L
Offered by CamoOutdoor - The Sports & Camouflage Outfitters

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to, 18 Jun 2013
Holds plenty of water and has molle on the back so attaching it to a vest/rig etc is easy.

Does have shoulder straps but I haven't used those.

Eagle Creek Pack-It Folder 15 Black
Eagle Creek Pack-It Folder 15 Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - For Commuter or Overnight Stay, 18 Jun 2013
This is fantastic.

I cycle to work every day and have no problems getting a shirt, trousers (on Mon and Fri) and spare socks into this with room to spare. The handy folding card is useful to keep things straight and it fits nicely into my rucksack.

This is a must for anyone who cycles to work, or for a simple overnight business trip when you need a shirt. Would definately recommend.

Sealskinz Walking Sock - Waterproof, Large
Sealskinz Walking Sock - Waterproof, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Sealskinz - Fantastic, 18 Jun 2013
These are great. I have used them a couple of times with my boots getting soaked but my feet have stayed nice and dry. Can't fault at all.

Belkin 3.5mm Headphone Splitter - White
Belkin 3.5mm Headphone Splitter - White
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 5 Jan 2012
Headphone splitter so 2 people can listen at one. Not really more more to say. It works and there are no issues. Well worth a look.

TRIXES RCA Video AV TV Cable USB For iPad 2 iPhone 4 iPod
TRIXES RCA Video AV TV Cable USB For iPad 2 iPhone 4 iPod
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to watch TV shows on your TV? Get this., 5 Jan 2012
I have solded my soul to Apple and now buy TV shows from iTunes. No problem watching them on the iPad but when someone else wants to watch as well it gets tricky. This little cable connects your iPad etc to your TV through the component sockets on your TV. It's great, and works a treat.

Depending on your TV you may not have the right connectors (1 TV I have doesn't) so would recommend looking into a component-to-scart adaptor. I fortunately already had one with my old X-Box 360 and use that. Picture is fantastic.

Well worth the purchase.

OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 4 - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 4 - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic (just watch out for the oil slick effect), 5 Jan 2012
The case speaks for itself. It's a well built plastic inner case (with cushion for the iPhone) and then rubber around the outside. It also comes with a belt clip holder which can be used as a stand. This is a nice bonus, but not essential. I've already dropped the phone once and no worries about the phone, the case did it's job nicely. Really worth getting.

Now the minor draw back. The case comes with a built in screen protector, so if your like me and already got a screen protector on your phone when the 2 protectors met there will be a lot (and I mean a lot) or air bubbles. I've done some research and there are a number of ways around this but I think the best one is to swap the screen protector on the iphone to a matte/anti-glare screen protector. I have one on order and will let you know what happens when it arrives. For now I put an additional screen protector over the built in one (so I actually have 3 screen protectors between my finger and the iphone screen), this has made touching the screen a little harder than normal, but no major issues.

Definately worth investing in.

Universal Ice Traction 10-Pack Spare Snow Spikes
Universal Ice Traction 10-Pack Spare Snow Spikes
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Look easy enough to fit, 5 Jan 2012
Bought these to go with the Universal spikes and they look good. Not sure how to fit them as no instructions, but it can't be that difficult. Worth having these as spares.

WinterWise 10-STUD Ice Traction Universal Slip On Snow & Ice Spikes (Grips, Crampons) (XL (UK 11-13))
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Might last 12 months, but for the price you can't argue, 5 Jan 2012
Bought them for walking between work and train when it's icy. Not had a chance to use them but think they will be OK. The rubber fitting isn't great and they don't fit neatly over your shoes, but is that a real problem if they provide grip? I don't think the spikes will last longer than 1 winter, so would recommend buying some additional ones, but they seem OK.

Page: 1 | 2