Profile for K. Chauhan > Reviews

Content by K. Chauhan

K. Chauhan "Kaz" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Galaxy S5 Case,Galaxy S5 NEO Case,Galaxy S V Case,Bumper Case for Galaxy S5 /S5 NEO, ISAKEN Colorful Pattern Pattern Print Printing Drawing Soft 2 In 1 Shock-Absorption and Anti-Scratch TPU Bumper Ultra Slim Hybrid Cover Case Cell Phone Case Mobile Cover Protect Skin Case Cover For Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) / Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo (SM-G903F) - Cute Panda
Offered by ISAKEN

Prestige Main Ingredients Silicone Spatula and Spoon Set
Prestige Main Ingredients Silicone Spatula and Spoon Set
Offered by SM Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought in 2011 and still going strong., 5 Feb. 2016
I bought these in 2011 and my daughter much prefers them to anything else I've bought. She is studying to be a chef and has a keen interest in baking and cooking, so uses these regularly and I must say I agree with her. She's just finished her GCSEs and is now at Uni and takes these as part of her equipment over and above the ones even at Uni.

I would definitely recommend them as they are both flexible and durable. They're great for folding, mixing as well as scraping bowls clean.

They have a good grip and the white part is removable so you can thoroughly wash them. I must confess I've never put them in the dishwasher as I've always washed them by hand as with all of my baking equipment so can't comment; but I would imagine they'd be okay. Though I would probably think to clean thoroughly you would need to separate the white part from the black handle.

I bought them at £5.99 back then but now are at an even better price of just £4.99 - a bargain!

Fairy Non Bio Laundry Liquid Detergent for Sensitive Skin 30 Washes (Pack of 4, Total 120 Washes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing that I only got to order ONCE as they stopped supplying, 13 April 2013
I've always used Fairy Non Bio Laundry Liquid as I've found it to be mild and non-irritating on the skin.

Although, being non-bio probably means that the soap isn't able to remove all stains, I guess. But bearing in mind that this is probably true of all detergents, though.

I've found liquid to be much, much better than powder as it dissolves in the wash thoroughly and doesn't leave any residues behind.

So, when I saw that I could buy this size from Amazon at a much cheaper price than the supermarkets, I immediately bought 4 because they offered a special deal. But also, because I could purchase it regularly via the Amazon club automatically at the good price.

So happened??? Only after 1 purchase the item was no longer available to buy via the club.

What was the point in that??

Circulon Bakeware Loose Base Round Cake Tin, 8 Inches
Circulon Bakeware Loose Base Round Cake Tin, 8 Inches
Offered by U Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality, great product and fantastic price. Highly recommend!!, 13 April 2013
My daughter loves to bake and so I bought this the Circulon Bakeware Loose Base Round Cake Tin, 8 Inches and the Circulon Bakeware Springform Cake Tin, 9 Inch.

And I'm so glad I did because the quality is second to none!! Superb, seriously couldn't have asked for more....

I'd been searching for really good quality, but also, affordable and these fit the bill in both aspects.

Like with everything, you need to look after these. So, when using, line with parchment paper; even though it's non-stick it's always better to insure 100% that your bake does not end up sticking and there after breaking when removing. This is true of every make, no matter what. And never use abrasive utensils on it. But you shouldn't have the need to.

The loose base means once your cake \ cheese cake is baked, taking it out is so simple. You simply place it on a slightly smaller bowl and slide down the side of the tin leaving only the base on the bowl. Transfer the cake onto your decorating plate.

Cleaning these is so simple, especially having lined with parchment paper, just use warm soapy water and then thoroughly dry straight after.

They are of a nice, good weight ( you can feel the wonderful quality ) and the loose base means you can remove your baked cake\ cheesecake etc; effortlessly and without damaging the cake!!

Well worth the money ( especially as I bought them in Dec 2011 at fantastic prices of only £9.67 and the Circulon Bakeware Loose Base Round Cake Tin, 8 Inches at £7.67 ) and made the perfect gift for my daughter!!! Considering John Lewis was selling it for almost £15 and £12 respectively.

To date they have served us brilliantly and we've no complaints what-so-ever. These will last and last most definitely.

Thoroughly recommend!!

Circulon Bakeware Springform Cake Tin - 9 Inch
Circulon Bakeware Springform Cake Tin - 9 Inch

My daughter loves to bake and so I bought this the Circulon Bakeware Springform Cake Tin, 9 Inch
and the Circulon Bakeware Loose Base Round Cake Tin, 8 Inches.

I must confess the springform can be a little fiddly but between my teenage daughter and myself, only I've experienced this and then only the once. And we've between us baked a great deal using these.

They are of a nice, good weight ( you can feel the wonderful quality ) and the springform means you can remove your baked cake\ cheesecake etc; so simply and without damaging the cake!!

Thoroughly recommend!!

Collins Easy Learning Spanish Dictionary (Collins Easy Learning Spanish) (Easy Learning Dictionary)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and a great asset, 13 April 2013
My daughter has taken GCSE Spanish and has found this dictionary very useful. As with all dictionaries and such like, one book will not cover all needs and therefore, she uses it together with

Collins easy learning Complete Spanish ( Grammer + Verbs + Vocabulary ) - ISBN 9780007299409

And

Collins Spanish Dictionary and Grammer - ISBN 9780007260546

( I've given a 4 star as it doesn't cover everything and hence the other books too )

Junior Brain Train Logic Games (PC)
Junior Brain Train Logic Games (PC)
Offered by Yellow Bulldog Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - though now with vast video games might seem dull and somewhat outdated, 13 April 2013
When I bought this my daughter was about 8 or 9 years old ( back in 2006 or so ) and she thoroughly enjoyed the game ( and subsequently the other in this type ). Set up is easy and straight forward.

But now with vast video games, the internet, etc; kids these days might find it dull and somewhat outdated. Though, it can be a useful tool for a younger child as an additional help with learning.

And even as an introduction to the idea of learning with practical educational games can be a different approach to learning, as a supporting tool or enhancement.

Another suggestion for those needing extra support or enhancement is the "Reader Rabbit" games. Both my kids grew up with these and found them fun whilst learning but not feeling it was work. More like playing a computer game.

Tala Icing Bag Set, 8 Nozzles, 4/48
Tala Icing Bag Set, 8 Nozzles, 4/48

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting - sadly disappointing..., 13 April 2013
Having looked around for a piping bag that would be easy to use but also to clean, I came across the Tala Icing Bag Set with 8 Nozzles.

The idea that the inside of the bag is plastic coated \ type, you would think that this was ingenious, as you could wash it much more easily ( and you can, by turning it inside out and simply wash ); however the outside of the bag has a cloth feel which once wet takes time to dry ( unless you try to towel dry it which can be a nuisance ). But once dry you can then resume to pipe again.

The problem is that (a) the bag is quite stiff because of the plastic inside and therefore piping is neither as easy nor as comfortable to do as is with say disposable biodegradable piping bags, which are soft and therefore much more pliable. Hence, you get much better control.

And as I have done many times, baked a Xmas cake or a birthday cake for instance, I've also then decorated with different colour icing and this is when it is time consuming with the Tala Icing Bag since there is only one bag and several icing colours and washing this stiff Tala Icing Bag is a nuisance. And therefore, have come up with a much better solution; I now use strong food bags with the nozzles instead - far easier and quicker and less washing!!

You can buy the food bags from anywhere for not very much and with 50\100 bags per packet at £1 it's much easier. Especially, as you can have several icing colours set out all at once and you're ready to go!!

Though, I must confess the nozzles are quite good - but as they are not stainless steel you must wash in warm soapy water and thoroughly dry straight away. I've had my Tala Icing Bag Set since Dec 2011 and it's still good.

Kaiser Christmas Xmas Cookie Cutter Ring of 8, Size Large 7612829
Kaiser Christmas Xmas Cookie Cutter Ring of 8, Size Large 7612829

4.0 out of 5 stars A good size with fun shapes - Great for kids!!, 13 April 2013
I bought these in Dec 2011 for my young daughter who loves to bake and thought these would be the perfect shapes for cookies at X-mas time. And they were a treat!!

For a price of £4.43 including P&P they aren’t half bad. Although, I must confess you do need to look after them really well; wash them straight after use in warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly!! Otherwise, I suspect that they would rust as they are not stainless steel.

Also, they aren't rock solid so you need to store them well protected. I put them in a good size plastic container with others. ( Although, they're not overly soft, but you just need to take a bit of care ).

But certainly, for a very good price at present of only £3.10 including P&P, you couldn't ask for more.

I've given it 4 stars simply because they do need to be looked after well. But so far no complaints.....

Great X-mas \ birthday present!!!

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Round Strainer / Sieve, 18cm
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Round Strainer / Sieve, 18cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size and easy to clean, 15 Jan. 2012
I bought this after having looked around for a really good one for a while. I've bought others in the past that have let me down because they've simply rusted not long after the first use. But this one seems good so far - though I must confess I HAVE NOT put it in the dishwasher even though it says it's dishwashable. This is because my previous one began rusting after I dishwashed it. I think the best way to look after it is to clean it in warm soapy water, rinse and thoroughly dry immediately.

Mind you I do have another make but it's a very small one ( 8cm diameter - if only I could find it in a larger size ) that I put in the dishwash daily and don't bother drying it and that one has lasted me for years and years, so maybe if I took a brave step.....

As to its practicality, it's great!! You can rest it on a bowl rim, leaving you both hands free. And it's a perfect size to store away in a small drawer, especially if your kitchen space is restricting like mine is.

Originally, I did consider a Kitchen Craft Flour Sifter / Aerator, Stainless Steel but this is much quicker and easier to use as you're not having to use a trigger technique which would take longer than this to sift, making your hands ache and this holds a bigger quantity in any case.

Plus the cleaning is much more straight forward - no awkward, hard to get to bits to clean. And especially if it's not completely clean it begins rotting and if it's not completely dry your flour sticks in the awkward, hard to get to bits.

So, overall this one's worked out better all around and it's cheaper.....

Having had this since Dec 2011, it's great and hasn't rusted nor fallen apart.

I've never ever put it in the dishwash, decided against it as I didn't want to take any chances. My teenage daughter loves it and is a keen baker and uses nothing else. She too loves this one and in comparison to the ones at her school, which have rusted and the mesh began to fall apart - this one, if looked after properly, will serve you very well!!

Page: 1 | 2