Profile for J. J. Corroon > Reviews

Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike - Silver/Black
Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike - Silver/Black
Price: 87.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Body Sculpture BC1700, 13 Nov 2012
I'm quite pleased with this exercise bike. Three members of the family are now using it which is a bonus. It was very easy to assemble. My only gripes so far are that the pedal straps aren't long enough to fit your feet under and it's difficult to line up the bolt to adjust the seat height. Overall it's a good buy - basic LCD display and functionality but reasonable price.

Casio WVA-470DE-1AVEF Radio Controlled Analog and Digital Quartz Multifunction Watch with Chronograph, Time Zones, 3 Alarms, Solar Power and Steel Bracelet
Price: 110.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Loz's RC watch, 21 Aug 2010
I bought this watch for my teenage son's birthday because he had asked for a new watch and I didn't want to get him just a boring old watch. The first great feature is the radio control so the watch is extremely accurate and you don't have to wind on the date when there's a short month or a leap year (as well as taking care of when the clocks go backwards and forwards). The second great feature is that it is solar powered. I hate having to take the backs off digital watches in order to get into the battery compartment.

RC watches used to be very large and so looked a bit out of proportion on your wrist. However this one is only a little larger than a standard men's bracelet watch.

The only problem we had was removing links from the bracelet. It took us ages to realise you had to poke out the pin first. Luckily I had a set of jewellers tools with a tool just right for the job.

Bosch PLR 25 Digital Laser Range Finder
Bosch PLR 25 Digital Laser Range Finder
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loz's Bosch Laser Measure, 5 Aug 2010
I bought this item for my son who is a civil engineering student. I thought it would be useful when surveying. I was attracted by the Bosch name as they have a good reputation. Also there was a good video on the Amazon web site so I knew exactly what I was getting. We weren't disappointed. It's a really useful tool and it's got a very chunky, hardy feel to it. The batteries were included.

Mahalo STN2015 Model Ukulele Outfit
Mahalo STN2015 Model Ukulele Outfit
Offered by Normans Musical Instruments
Price: 29.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Ben's ukulele, 22 Feb 2010
I bought this for my son Ben. He loves it. He was able to play chords after just one day - I think he's very talented. He downloaded some free tuning software which made it simple to tune. He has a friend at school who aslo has a ukulele. There is a danger of a craze breaking out. For my part, I can now spell ukulele.
We picked this particular ukulele because it comes with a sturdy case which makes it look more like a real instrument (which it is) than a toy (which it resembles).