Profile for a happy person > Reviews

Content by a happy person

a happy person "ahp" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Nature's Miracle Babies [DVD]
Nature's Miracle Babies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Hughes-Games
Price: 6.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Animal dvd, 12 Feb 2013
My 7 year son loved this Christmas present, he watched the series on tv, now he has his own copy to watch at his leisure. A very interesting DVD on animals.

Daewoo QT2 Compact Microwave Oven, 600 Watt, 14 Litre, White/Lime Green
Daewoo QT2 Compact Microwave Oven, 600 Watt, 14 Litre, White/Lime Green

4.0 out of 5 stars A small microwave With a splash of colour, 12 Feb 2013
It's small and does not take up as much room as all the other microwaves that I have previously had, it fits in my standard sized plates/bowls etc. it's easy to use, just turn dial to how long you want to cook for. I keep the temperature on the highest setting, so have not tried any other setting. I don't find it takes longer than my previous microwave that was 800watts. I only use microwave for warming cereal milk/baked bean snap pots, so it's perfect for what I needed it for. The green colour is nice not as vibrant as I thought it would be, but I like the colour, it's slightly different than your average stainless steel or plain white microwave. I am happy with microwave, the size is just what I wanted. I would recommend it, if you want a simple to use, basic functioning, smaller sized microwave.

Collapsible Washing-Up Bowls with Grey Rim - Pink
Collapsible Washing-Up Bowls with Grey Rim - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars nice colour and folds up easily, 16 Sep 2012
i wanted a washing up bowl that folded, there are not many on the market, however i found this one on amazon uk. i ordered it and now it has arrived, i am very happy with it, it does what i wanted and its actually better quality than i thought it would be. its easy to fold and unfold, and i am hoping that it will last a long time, first impressions seem like its well made, so i am hoping not to be disappointed. it is slightly smaller than a standard washing up bowl, but thats not a problem for me. i am really hoping that in say six months time it is still working well, if it is then i would be really pleased with this purchase.

Speck iGuy Child Friendly Case for iPad - Peacock Blue
Speck iGuy Child Friendly Case for iPad - Peacock Blue
Offered by sandrasbooks1955
Price: 19.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Protective case for iPad fun for kids, 22 Jun 2012
I got this for my sons iPad 1, it's easy to put on, no instructions included but common sense will tell you how to do it.

It does have a strong scent which I hope fades soon, we don't find it overbearing but its definitely there.

6yr old son loves the case, it's fun and cute, and holds iPad 1 in place securely.

The connections are fiddly but nothing major,you have to get the charger in place, it takes a few attempts but it's fine once you do it. The volume button and off button are slightly hidden with foam but still it can be done, just feel around and once you find location of them it's ok.

The arms are quite flimsy, shame they were not firmer, however with careful use I'm sure will be fine, but the arms will definitely crease, just from the way kids hold it.

No front screen protection.

Best for landscape mode but still useable in portrait mode, just annoying as arms are in the way, but it's not something a child is likely to be bothered about.

Overall a fun protective case for kids, There are not many child friendly iPad cases out there, so this is probably one of the best out there, fairly expensive for what it is, I think about 20 would be a good price for item, it's a big case, so will need a big bag to transport it in.

My son is happy so is his iPad

Bobble BPA-Free 385 ml Water Bottle, Yellow
Bobble BPA-Free 385 ml Water Bottle, Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh water flimsy bottle, 22 Jun 2012
First impressions I thought item was bulkier than how it looked on screen, my sister thought it was some kind of baby's bottle! It does look a bit funny, and everyone thinks it's just a cheap random bottle, until I explain it's fairly expensive but has a special filter to make our tap water taste nice. Our really bad tasting harsh water actually taste nice now and I'm drinking much more water thanks to my bobble bottle. You do have to suck quite hard to get water out and also squeeze bottle to fasten flow of water, that's my concern, my bobble is less than a month old but the bottle is creasing quite badly due to the bottle being made from thin plastic, I don't think bottle is going to last long, I might send it back but I'm so used to it and enjoying my water, I think I will miss it until I get a replacement. So that's the only shame as the water taste so nice but no such a good thing if bottle splits soon.

Easy for kids to use too, my 6 yr old has no problems using it.

The lid is annoying, I've never used it, the day I got it, I pulled lid off, it fell on floor, I didn't pick it up straight away, then had trouble locating it as it's clear plastic so very hard to spot, since finding it, it's been in kitchen and hasn't been used since, as I know I will just keep losing it, bottle doesn't leak without it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, nice and thick and a fun colour, 16 April 2012
This is a nice quality, well made hat, lovely bright colours and design, I think my son will enjoy wearing his hat.

The Lovers' Guide 3D - Igniting Desire: How to have the best sex of your life [DVD]
Offered by filmrollen
Price: 2.16

4.0 out of 5 stars a lover's guide, 7 Jan 2012
This dvd is as its title says, its a basic guide to having a relationship with a lover, i think it focuses on being in a secure relationship rather than no strings attached relationship, which i suppose is a good thing, as it teaches you how to have the best sex with a long term partner. this is my second lovers guide, i preferred the previous one i had but this was still a good dvd with some helpful information. i watched it in 3d on my 3d tv, and there was some 3d aspects of it, which was fine, to sum up an informative dvd which i think gives the message of having a healthy and fun sex life with a serious rather than casual partner.

I Did It Mum: Boy (Nintendo DS)
I Did It Mum: Boy (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars he loves it, 16 Nov 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
my 4 year old loves this game, its easy fun games, just right for little boys, it makes a change to have a game designed for the younger player which is non violent. a really good intro to ds games. its not too expensive and he will get a lot of use from it, best for 4-7 yr old in my opinion.

Nikon D40/D40x For Dummies
Nikon D40/D40x For Dummies
by Julie Adair King
Price: 16.29

5.0 out of 5 stars simplified, 2 May 2009
ive got this book along with the other nikon d40 guide and i have found it really useful. i have got to understand some of the camera features really easily in just a few pages, i found out some functions i didnt even know existed. i generally dont like the "for dummies" book but i have found this book helpful, really simple to understand. i think anyone new to the d40 or struggling to get out of the auto modes will welcome this book as a way of progressing to manual control.

Fire Down Below [DVD] [1957] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Fire Down Below [DVD] [1957] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Rita Hayworth
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 62.95

4.0 out of 5 stars my dad likes it, 4 Feb 2009
im too young to know much about this film, but my dad really wanted it, so it made his day when i finally tracked a copy down and got it for him. apparently its a classic!!!

Page: 1 | 2