ARRAY(0xab78596c)

Profile for Mohamed Shams > Reviews

Content by Mohamed Shams

Mohamed Shams "tv addict" (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)

Shutter Island
Shutter Island
by Dennis Lehane

5.0 out of 5 stars Dennis Lehane cements his greatness with Shutter Island, 9 Nov 2004
This review is from: Shutter Island (Paperback)
This is my second Lehane book after A Drink Before The War, which I also found entertaining.
This book will take you into a rollercoaster ride where you will not know who is really saying the truth and who is lying. I have thoroughly enjoyed Shutter Island.
The reasons were that the charcters were all great but the main thing about this book is the superb ending. Trust me, you will never expect it, not even if you were a hardcore mystery reader. Recommended!! Excellent!! Go Buy It Now

Celine Dion: All The Way - A Decade Of Song And Video [DVD]
Celine Dion: All The Way - A Decade Of Song And Video [DVD]
Dvd ~ Celine Dion
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars The Diva goes All The Way!!, 3 Jun 2004
What can i say about Celine Dion. Amazing? Phenomenal? Angelic? I think she is more than that. Celine's DVD is a great collection of her best hits. It is truly a treat to watch and listen to her sing the songs that have all made historic records at the charts. I especially like three clips in this DVD.
First, I like the song To Love You More featured in this DVD, Mr. Taro Hakasi does an excellent job with the violin that accompanies Celine's voice. Truly amazing pair.
Second, I liked this DVD's edition of the phenomenal Titanic Theme Song My Heart will Go On. The sound quality of this song in the DVD makes Celine's voice, if possible, seem more angelic and touching.
Third, I was delighted with the clip of Because You Loved Me. The song is taken from a concert Dion did and captures her candid, down-to-earth self with her audience. Great clip.
In short, if you are a fan of Mrs. Dion, you MUST get this DVD. If you are not a fan, I strongly recommend you get it simply because Celine Dion is a breathtaking artist, to say the least.

I Know This Much is True
I Know This Much is True
by Wally Lamb
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent, Magnificent, Moving Book!!!, 3 Jun 2004
I started reading this book as soon as I finished my Spring Term at the University. At first, I did not know what to expect. I was hoping for a book that will change something in me, whether it was the way I think, the way I look at things, whatever. And it DID!!!!
This book is by far one of the top 3 books I have read so far. Wally Lamb has made a book that is so sensitive, so moving, so rich with events that will shock you, captivate you that you will not realize the actual size of this 900-plus-page book.
It is the way that the author unfolds the events that happen to Dominick and Thomas Birdsey that makes this book stand out. You truly feel the pain they both go through, even though their sources of pain are different.
After finishing this book, which made me real sad by the way!!, the characters keep lingering in my thoughts for a long time. The book is also great because it talks about forgiveness and how important it is for us to forgive and learn from our mistakes.
Do yourself a favor and read this book. Trust me, and all those who gave this book 5 stars, you wont regret it!!!