Profile for Annie > Reviews

The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012]
The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ George Lopez

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't bother, 17 Nov 2013
I bought this for the kids thinking it would be the new Smurfs like the two latest films. Every picture on the DVD shows the Smurfs portrayed this way so I felt utterly cheated when after 3 minutes of playing, the Smurfs reverted to the old cartoon style! The whole thing is only 22 minutes long and the story is only very loosely based around "a Christmas Carol". It really left us all with the feeling of "is that it?" at the end. It isn't worth the money at all. If you are after a great Christmas Carol film, go with the Muppets one. Never disappoints in our house.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2014 3:19 PM GMT

Peppa Pig: Princess Peppa [Volume 11] [DVD]
Peppa Pig: Princess Peppa [Volume 11] [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars New Episodes At last!, 29 Oct 2009
At last - what every parent has been waiting for - some new episodes of Peppa Pig!! I could recite the others word for word in my sleep and I was more than ready for some new material. These episodes do not disappoint - they are along the same lines as the previous ones with enough interest for the children and the hidden humour for the adults too. The episodes are called "Princess Peppa", "Work and Play", "The Rainbow", "Pedro's Cough", "The Library", "The Camper Van", "The Camping Holiday", "Compost", "Richard Rabbit Comes to Play", "Fun Run". As soon as I put this on, my 3-year-old sat mesmerised and I got a whole hour to do the housework (yipee!). Her favourite episode is princess Peppa but I love Fun Run, as it is just so funny. I do have one criticism. Peppa's voice has been changed for a third time. Whilst the first two voices were similar, this one is noticably different and I don't think it is as good. That said, my daughter doesn't seem to mind which I guess is what matters, so it gets full marks from our family. Only one question - can we have some more episodes please?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2014 3:31 AM GMT