Profile for Pucca84 > Reviews

Content by Pucca84

Pucca84 "Pucca84" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Is Your Body Baby-Friendly?: Unexplained Infertility, Miscarriage and IVF Failure, Explained
by Alan E. Beer

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on the market, 3 Jan. 2011
After a diagnosis of infertility and 15 subsequent miscarriages I really thought it was the end of the road for us, but this book has answered so many questions that that NHS seems to blatantly ignore.

I really hope after reading this book and seeing a specialist to get the appropriate treatment, this time next year I'll be reading this message back with a baby on my knee!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2013 8:07 PM BST

The Baby-Making Bible: Simple steps to enhance your fertility and improve your chances of getting pregnant
by Emma Cannon

2.0 out of 5 stars It's 'different', 3 Jan. 2011
As someone with fertility problems who has also lost 15 babies I'm willing to try most things in an attempt to get a bundle of joy in my arms.

This book is a little bit hippy'ish for my liking. You read through trying to give yourself a label to see what you need to do to correct your problems, but if you have multiple problems you end up a little confused.

I really like Dr Beers book, it gives comprehensive well researched information that can steer a woman in the right direction rather than promoting the use of therapies and techniques I'm not sure would actually yield a positive result given that most women with underlying fertility problems have several issues that can't be cured through positive thought.

If all it took me to get a baby was to believe in myself and be positive, I'd have about 20!

Give this one a miss and look at Dr Beers book instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2011 4:49 PM GMT

Baby Knits For Beginners
Baby Knits For Beginners
by Debbie Bliss

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected really for the price..., 29 Dec. 2010
I bought this as my best friend is having a baby, in the age of austerity it appeared that knitting some clothes would make a nice gift!

The book goes through all of the basics at the beginning that you might not know, then it has some simple patterns that you wouldn't really need a pattern for, as should you have common sense you should be ok.

I don't know what it is about the book I was just disappointed with the content, I think I spent £10 on it, so was expecting something more comprehensive.

To be fair the patterns inside weren't very inspiring, they looked quite dull and boring, nothing I'd really want to knit my godchild to be. I've just looked through it again to see if I was being harsh, there's literally nothing in there I'd like to knit, I'm pretty sure if I attempted to knit the stuff it wouldn't end up looking anything like the things in the book as they almost look machine knit...

I've got her other book, beginners guide to knitting, so hoping that it a bit more inspiring!

SCM Core Text: The Philosophy of Religion
SCM Core Text: The Philosophy of Religion
by Gwen Griffith-Dickson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide to philosophy, 3 Aug. 2010
This is a great starting point for anyone studying philosophy.

Out of all the books I've read that cover this subject, this is my favourite.

I read Theology and found this book to be really useful for my studies.

Page: 1 | 2