Profile for happy buyer > Reviews

happy buyer (uk)

Fair Game: An Alpha and Omega novel
Fair Game: An Alpha and Omega novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Characters, 12 Mar. 2012
I have always loved the Alpha and Omega strand, but this was outstanding. So many of the characters deserve their own book and that is the magic of Patricia Briggs. Isaac, Hally and Alistair Beauclaire - I hope we meet you all again!

A Kiss at Midnight
A Kiss at Midnight
by Eloisa James

2.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, 11 Mar. 2011
Usually I really enjoy the novels of Eloisa James but this was a poor attempt. I felt no empathy for any of the characters and the pace was incredibly slow. It may be that I just don't 'get' the fairy tale retelling but to be honest it has been done to death anyway. New ideas please.

Libertine's Kiss (Hqn)
Libertine's Kiss (Hqn)
by Judith James

5.0 out of 5 stars Very like Elizabeth Hoyt, 2 Aug. 2010
I bought this on a trip to the US and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you have read any of the books of Elizabeth Hoyt you will also find this worth reading. Great characters and an interesting historical storyline.

My Wicked Marquess: Number 1 in series (Inferno Club)
My Wicked Marquess: Number 1 in series (Inferno Club)
by Gaelen Foley

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, not brilliant,but enjoyable enough, 20 Jan. 2010
Not quite sure why this is getting such poor reviews. It was a perfectly good regency romance, not Gaelen Foley's best but not her worst either. Generally I am not bothered by editing mistakes, frankly if they hadn't been pointed out I would not have noticed.

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Leisure Historical Romance)
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Leisure Historical Romance)
by Jennifer Ashley

5.0 out of 5 stars Jennifer Ashley wrote this?, 7 Oct. 2009
I have read other Jennifer Ashley books and have not been very impressed, finding the plots unoriginal and the characters wooden. However, this is a beautifully written, original love story with great characterisation. Looking forward to the other brothers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2009 3:51 PM GMT

Extreme Exposure (Berkley Sensation)
Extreme Exposure (Berkley Sensation)
by Pamela Clare

5.0 out of 5 stars Good suspense and romance, 8 Dec. 2008
Liked the characters and the storyline. Moves along at a good pace and the romance is believable and sexy. This is my first Pamela Clare novel but not the last!

Mercury's War (Berkley Sensation)
Mercury's War (Berkley Sensation)
by Lora Leigh

5.0 out of 5 stars Mercury at last, 8 Dec. 2008
He's appeared as a cameo in so many of the other 'breed' books so it was great to see him get his own story. Hot and steamy with a big twist in the tail - where does she get all her ideas?!

Ultimate Weapon
Ultimate Weapon
by Shannon McKenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamara's story, 3 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Ultimate Weapon (Paperback)
This is another great McKenna novel. With the previous McCloud sagas I read them in one sitting, re read them the following day to make sure I hadn't missed anything and five stars were not enough to convey how much I enjoyed them. Connor, Davy and Nick's epics have been read so many times I have had to get new copies!
Although this is a good thriller it is not absolutely fantastic, and took a few days for me to get through it. The McClouds and Nick Ward were awesome alphas and I just did not feel that way about Janos. I have never found Tamara to be a sympathetic character and even after her past is revealed in this novel I still don't warm to her.
All this of course is personal taste and I'm sure all Shannon McKenna's fans will love this, as I did, but just not as much as the others.

Heartless
Heartless
by Kat Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars alldone books, 11 May 2008
This review is from: Heartless (Mass Market Paperback)
Kat Martin is a recent discovery for me. Her heros are moody and magnificent and her heroines gentle but determined. This is the first of a good trilogy - 'The Fire Inside' and 'Fanning The Flame' being the others. Good reads if you like regency romance with a bit of sexual heat!

One Foot in the Grave: A Night Huntress Novel
One Foot in the Grave: A Night Huntress Novel
by Jeaniene Frost

5.0 out of 5 stars alldone books, 9 May 2008
This is a great story. I love the characters of Cat and Bones. Read in one sitting (admittedly on a plane that was delayed). Looking forward to more in the series.