Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Moon Shadow"
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Leifheit Pegasus Maxx 81650 Clothes Airer
Leifheit Pegasus Maxx 81650 Clothes Airer

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow - It's Big!!!, 15 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I took delivery of this Leifheit Pegasus Maxx Clothes Dryer yesterday and it's standing in my Lounge in all its glory. I was reluctant to order this, because I felt it would be too big for my little cottage, and whilst it is massive, it has so much going for it. I have had my previous clothes airer for nearly 20 years, and it is falling to pieces, so now I have the Rolls Royce of Cothes Airers.

It is sturdy, excellent build quality and is rust proof. It stands at just over 1 metre high and has 18 metres of drying space. I counted over 23 airing racks, so lots of room. I like the added holder clips - so useful for hanging underwear, socks and other small laundry pieces. Whilst it is rather large, it is quite light and easy to erect; and because it folds down quite flat, it can be stored upright quite easily.

The final plus point is - it comes with a 3 year guarantee.

Scalextric 1:32 Audi R8 Police Slot Car
Scalextric 1:32 Audi R8 Police Slot Car

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a Hit, 9 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My grandsons were delighted with this Police car. The R8 is my eldest grandson's favourite car, so he was really pleased to receive this.
It is a sturdy well built Scalextric Audi R8 Police Car and looks and feels very solid. I wonder how popular this Scalextric car is, being as it is not a 'racing' car. In my book it doesn't matter; both of my grandsons absolutely love it.

Hotpoint Multi-Functional Hand Blender Fully Accessorised, 700 Watt, Silver
Hotpoint Multi-Functional Hand Blender Fully Accessorised, 700 Watt, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek Satin Finish - Looks Great. It's a Whizz, 23 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I opened the box I was surprised at the quality of this product. It is finished with a Sleek Satin Finish and looks really good. It comes with all the tools you would need, Shredder, Slicer, Blender, Chopper, Whisk, the Satin Finished Blender with 6 speeds, plus Turbo. There are two bowls, a large one and a smaller one - this is for the Chopper. It also has a Plastic Beaker. You can prepare everything in one place. I made some Soup and I sliced and chopped the vegetables with my new toy, then once it was cooked, I blended it - delicious. A one-stop meal prepared in a flash. This appliance is everything you need to in the kitchen to help you prepare meals.
It also has an instruction booklet in the box, together with the Warranty. Little disappointed there wasn't a little recipe book, but you can't have everything.

The Stockholm Octavo
The Stockholm Octavo
by Karen Engelmann

3.0 out of 5 stars A slow Read, 23 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Stockholm Octavo (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Stockholm Octavo is an eclectic mix of part historical fiction: part love story: part crime: part mystery and the occult.

The year is 1791, and the winds of revolution rage through the great capitals of Europe.
For Emil Larrson, the main character in this novel, life is almost perfect. A self-satisfied bureaucrat in the Office of Customs and Excise, he is a true man of the Town--a drinker, card player, and contented bachelor--until one evening when Mrs. Sofia Sparrow, a fortune-teller and proprietor of an exclusive gaming parlor, shares with him a vision which she has had. A vision which will change Emil's life. A path that will lead him to love and connection. Mrs Sparrow asks Emil if he will allow her to lay an Octavo for him. This is a spread of eight cards which predicts the eight individuals who can help him realise this vision but he will need to find them.

Emil begins his search, intrigued by the puzzle of his Octavo and the good fortune Mrs. Sparrow's vision predicts. Then Mrs. Sparrow wins a mysterious folding fan in a card game, the Octavo's deeper powers are then revealed. For Emil it is no longer just a game of the heart; collecting his eight individuals as divulged in his reading, is now crucial to pulling his country back from the crumbling precipice of rebellion and chaos.

The Stockholm Octavo brings together a collection of characters, both fictional and historical, whose lives tangle in political conspiracy, love, and magic.

I found this novel interesting to begin with, then it became a little boring and was very slow. I did struggle to finish it and I guess to be honest the whole novel was somewhat disappointing, hence the reason I could only give it 3 Stars. Also, in my copy of the novel, the writing was ever so small, even with my glasses on I found it difficult to read..

IMEDEEN Hair and Nails
IMEDEEN Hair and Nails

2.0 out of 5 stars Will this Magic Potion Work?, 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This review is far from complete. I have just taken the first capsule of the sixty in the Imedeen Hair & Nails pack. As the product comes packaged with 2 months supply, my complete review with need to be updated from time to time, to let you know how things are going.

I have very brittle nails and no matter what nail product I buy, they just don't work. I've tried several products of Sally Hansen; OPI, and Boots, My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it, so it looks thicker than it is. Although at the moment I am moulting like a Labrador!! I'm really hoping this product helps. So, I'm afraid it is going to be a case of watch this space....

A little information on this Food Supplement with Silica, and several B vitamins - B1, B2, B6 and B12. Also something called Horsetail Extract which doesn't sound great does it? The list goes on, Niacon, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid and Zinc.

So now we wait for this magic potion to work - or not as the case may be. I will return with an update soon.

Well it is now 15 October and I have been taking these tablets for 1 month, and to be honest, I really can't see much difference to either my hair or my nails. One more month to go, so we will see if any magic happens.

Leitz Wow A4 Ruled Notebook - Metallic Pink
Leitz Wow A4 Ruled Notebook - Metallic Pink

3.0 out of 5 stars Yikes - Pricey or What?, 15 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Leitz WOW A4 notebook is on first look definitely Wow, but when you turn the flexible polypropylene Bright Pink cover, there is disappointment in the quality of the pages inside.

On the positive side, there is a header and date line at the top of each page, which is quite useful; the perforations are more defined and they certainly look as they would enable the paper to be torn more easily - I haven't tried because each page is too expensive to waste!!. The Ruler is a 'nice to have' but not very durable should you need to actually use it to draw straight lines. The plastic pocket at the rear of the note book is also handy, but you wouldn't get many sheets of paper in there, again a 'nice to have'.

Now on the negative side - and it is a massive negative and that is THE PRICE, now that certainly is a WOW. Why pay almost £13 when you can go to Wilkinsons and get a plastic covered folder for a few pounds? Yes the Leitz WOW comes in lots of lovely bright colours, but, really, £12.95?

The Vanishing Witch
The Vanishing Witch
by Karen Maitland

5.0 out of 5 stars A Riveting Read, 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Vanishing Witch (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first Karen Maitland novel I have read and it certainly won't be the last.

The Vanishing Witch transported me back into the cruel era of the Middle Ages, a terrible period of British history. Karen Maitland style of writing is so descriptive, so much so, I actually could easily visualise the characters and the way life must have been at that time of history.

It's the reign of the young Richard II when the poor became even poorer, and the rich, richer. Poll Taxes are raised to a ridiculous amount until eventually the peasants decide enough is enough and it is time to fight back.

Robert of Bassignham was a Wool Merchant and was married with two sons, Jan the eldest and Adam. Life for Robert was about to change with the entrance of Caitlan, a 'rich' widow who wanted Robert to invest some of her money for her - and then the story begins......

I won't give away any more of the plot, only to say, this book is riveting; it takes you through history, romance and the supernatural. It is a real page turner and I just love the way Karen Maitland writes, she combines traditional story telling with suspense - just brilliant.

Scalextric 1:32 Scale GT Lightning Slot Car (Purple)
Scalextric 1:32 Scale GT Lightning Slot Car (Purple)

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Purple Scalextric GT Lightning Slot Car, 6 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was lucky enough to be offered this stunning Scalextric GT Lightning Slot car in Purple and seeing as my grandchildren have a small track I was really pleased. They were absolutely over the moon with it. In their words "it is awesome". I also was offered a White model, Scalextric 1:32 Scale GT Lightning Slot Car (White) and one grandson prefers the purple and the other the white, so a good result all around.

This is a pretty basic super-resistant generic GT racing car. It's not a model of any 'real car' but has design elements resembling a number of different real-world GT cars including the SRT Viper, Corvette, and Nissan Z. The GT Lightning comes in its basic overall color, in this case White, with a sheet of peel-and-stick decals provided for numbers and other graphics to finish the car as shown.

This is an excellent low-cost, durable car for children, and beginners, and is able to stand up to lots of crashing and bashing. It is not digital plug-ready but can be adapted for use on any digital system by installing the appropriate retro-fit digital chip.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2014 11:33 AM BST

Scalextric 1:32 Scale GT Lightning Slot Car (White)
Scalextric 1:32 Scale GT Lightning Slot Car (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning White Scalextric 1.32 GT Lightning Slot Car, 6 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was lucky enough to be offered this stunning Scalextric GT Lightning Slot car in White and seeing as my grandchildren have a small track I was really pleased. They were absolutely over the moon with it. In their words "it is awesome" I was also offered the same model in Purple, and it is a stunning looking car. Scalextric 1:32 Scale GT Lightning Slot Car (Purple) One grandson prefers the White car and the other prefers the Purple, so we have a win, win result.

Vax Air Compact - Pet C88-AM-Pe Cylinder Vacuum
Vax Air Compact - Pet C88-AM-Pe Cylinder Vacuum

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Little Cleaner, 3 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Air Mini Pet cylinder is an ultra lightweight and highly compact bagless vacuum cleaner with multi-cyclonic technology to provide constant, powerful suction. Multiple cyclones separate dirt from the air, so the suction is always as powerful as the first time you used it! It weighs 4.9kg making it easy to carry from up stairs and from room to room Also, it takes up less storage space than standard upright cleaners. It has a large dust capacity of 2L which ensures there will be less frequent emptying . The anti-bacterial filter is good for homes with allergy sufferers as it reduces bacteria, and allergens.

It has several tools to make life easier, including a combination floor head, crevice tool, upholstery tool and a TurboTool for removing stubborn hair from carpets, stairs and upholstery. It's key features include, Multi-cyclonic technology; large 2L capacity; Cleaning Tools and it is compact and easy to manoeuvre.

I took delivery of this cleaner recently and immediately put it through it's paces. I had vacuumed the carpets with my old cleaner a couple of days before, so I wasn't expecting any great results dust on pick up, but I was wrong; the VAX found more dust and hairs in the carpets. I was really impressed.

Also I am really pleased with the fact that it is so light and easy to pull around. I used the combination floor head, and set it to carpets and found the suction to be very powerful. Finally the Cleaner is so compact, it easily fits into my tiny cupboard.

Now for the negatives:- Having now used it several times, I have a few issues with this cleaner.

Firstly connecting the tools to the vacuum. The hose connector to the actual cleaner is actually quite difficult for me to connect. There are two clips on either side of the hose which you need to squeeze to allow the hose to be connected into the cleaner. I appreciate it needs to be a secure connection, but it took me quite a while to actually connect the hose to the cleaner. I think the hose connector is quite wide and I struggled to squeeze and push at the same time, given I have slight arthritis in my hands.

Other reviewers have mentioned the hose kinks, well I too found this, even though it is supposed to be 'non-kink'.

The quality of the tools aren't that great. The small tool used for the stairs has two pieces of red felt underneath - both have already started to come off. Also the lever on the carpet/floor tool won't stay in position. I set it for carpet and it flips over to the floor, so not impressed with that at all..

The hose isn't long enough and I find the cleaner tips as I pull. In addition, the electric lead is not very long either.

Finally Cosmetically it looks great but it really doesn't feel very robust and I am wondering whether it will last as long as my previous cleaner did, which was over 10 years, so the jury is out on this one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2014 11:54 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20