Profile for Lunar Shine > Reviews

Content by Lunar Shine

Lunar Shine "Moon Shadow" (Surrey)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Revlon RVSP3529PKUK Style and Dry Manicure Set
Revlon RVSP3529PKUK Style and Dry Manicure Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Home Manicure at your Fingertips, 1 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Te Revlon Style & Dry Manicure Set comes in a lovely Black & Pink presentation case which doubles up for storing the 12 interchangeable attachments and a Nail Dryer.
The 12 interchangeable attachments include a Manicure Pen; Shaping Discs, Rough Skin Removal Discs, Cuticle Lifter; and Polishing Discs & Cones. The Manicure Pen requires charging before use. This can be done either by using Mains supply or Batteries - 2 AA, which are not supplied with the kit.
The set also comes with a bottle of Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat - Everything you need to manicure your nails at home

Polti Vaporella Silence Eco Friendly 19.50 Steam Generator Iron
Polti Vaporella Silence Eco Friendly 19.50 Steam Generator Iron

3.0 out of 5 stars Eco Friendly Professional Ironing System, 31 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really excited to be able to review this product. When I eventually unpacked it my immediate thoughts were that it was quite cumbersome but it had a neat carrying handle. I read through the instructions, which I felt were not all that great. Then I was ready to put this machine through it's paces with a huge pile of ironing.
I made up 5L of water using one of the two phials of Kalstop which was included in the packaging; I filled the Tank, (which is a good size), with 1L of water and to my amazement when I had finished the ironing, I noticed that only a small amount of the water had been used, even though I used the steam programme throughout my ironing. This for me was a result, as normally I can use up to 1+ bottles of ironing water in my ordinary steam iron.
The appliance is really quiet apart from when it is switched on and periodically during use, which is due to the water refilling system and is normal.
The results of the clothes after ironing were brilliant. It was so easy to remove the creases and the iron glided easily over my bed sheets leaving them creaseless. A big improvement on my regular iron. Also the actual weight of the iron itself is perfect for me, not too heavy.
However, I found both the length of the flex from the iron and the electricity cable were too short and I ended up putting the appliance on the floor under my ironing board, which wasn't great, but it worked. Putting it on a table wasn't an option for me, and I really don't think it would have been very safe, given the length of the cables.
Then the task of emptying most of the water which I hadn't used, and actually placing the iron in the safest way possible to enable me to do this. First emptying the tank. I wanted to save the water not used, so I poured this into a 1L Pyrex mug. I found this difficult, the main reason being whilst you are emptying the tank, you have everything still connected, i.e. the iron with a cable which isn't really flexible, and the electricity cable itself. I managed it, but not without a bit of a balancing act going on.
Now, the Question to me is would I pay £250 for this appliance? My answer would be No. Whilst it has a lot going for it, I can see some areas where simple improvements can be made to make things easier, e.g.
- Put in a retractable electricity cable
- Supply a jug which can be used for emptying the water tank
- Lengthen both the flex from the iron and the electricity cable.
- Improve the instruction book.
I hope my review has helped you

The Smoke Hunter
The Smoke Hunter
by Jacquelyn Benson

3.0 out of 5 stars Mystery, Smoke & Shadows, 20 May 2016
This review is from: The Smoke Hunter (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is Jacquelyn Benson's first novel and takes place in the Victorian Age.

Archivist Eleanora Mallory discovers a map to a legendary city that could be the truth behind a myth. But is it the key to unravelling an ancient mystery, or a clever hoax? Compelled to find out, Ellie journeys to Central America—with a merciless enemy hot on her heels.

In a deadly race to uncover the map’s secret first, Ellie is forced to partner with maverick archaeologist Adam Bates, a man she’s not sure she can trust. Together, they venture into an uncharted wilderness alive with smoke and shadows, where an even greater danger awaits them.

For what lies there whispering to be unearthed has the power to bring the world to its knees.

I was unsure about this Novel when I first began to read it, as I felt it was rather slow to take off. For me it isn't a page turner, but I did like Jacquelyn Benson's writing style, so I stuck with it and quite enjoyed it. I would have loved to have given it 4 stars, but because of the slow pace, I couldn't.

Rapesco Mini Duo Staple Tacker with Staples - Green/Blue/Black (Pack of 3)
Rapesco Mini Duo Staple Tacker with Staples - Green/Blue/Black (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and Effective, 20 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have never possessed a Staple Tacker before and now I have been given this opportunity to, I really don't know how I managed without one. It's easy to use and isn't cumbersome like some of the Staple Tackers on the market today.

The Rapesco Staple Tacker is a compact hand tacker. It's lightweight and so easy to handle and the results are pretty effective. It also comes complete with a wrist strap which is quite handy.

This pack of Staple Tackers came with Staples provided which are easily loaded. The instruction leaflet within the pack is very comprehensive and easy to follow. In addition, the appliance is covered with a Three Year Standard Warranty.

Klimt: the colouring book
Klimt: the colouring book
by Dominique Foufelle

4.0 out of 5 stars An Informative Colouring Book of a Master, 20 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This beautiful Adult Colouring Book contains twenty of Gustav Klimt's Portraits for you to colour.

The first few pages of this book advises you how to get ready to start your adventure of painting/colouring some of Gustav Klimt's work. This is followed by an interest history of Klimt's life as well as when and how he founded The Vienna Secession.

Prior to each Portrait is a brief background of the Portrait you are about to colour.

This is the second Adult Portrait book in this range I have been lucky to possess; the first one being Pablo Picasso. They are beautiful books to own, almost too beautiful to Colour, but not doing so defeats the object somewhat.

Excellent Quality, good value for money and a joy to have on your bookshelf.

Picasso: the colouring book
Picasso: the colouring book
by Dominique Foufelle

4.0 out of 5 stars 20 Beautiful Portraits to Colour, 5 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A beautiful book which you can choose to paint or colour.
It contains 20 Portraits of the controversal Master Pablo Picasso, including The Kiss, The Dream, The Harlequin for you to paint, colour or just leave them as they are because the book, as well as a colouring book, contains lots of information about Picasso and his works.
There is a section about Picasso himself; where he was born, description of the various periods he went through in his life, right up to his death in 1973. Also, prior to each Portrait is a detailed description of the relative Portrait.
Picasso: The Colouring Book is excellent value for money. For me, personally, I know it's a Colouring Book, but some of the Portraits I feel are extremely difficult to copy with 'normal colouring pencils/crayons'. Though that's probably the perfectionist coming out of me. It doesn't alter the fact that I am so pleased to have this book on my bookshelf.

Philip's Children's Atlas (World Atlas)
Philip's Children's Atlas (World Atlas)
by David Wright

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must for your Children's Book Shelf, 5 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Philip's School Atlas is a must to have on your bookshelf if you have children between the ages of 7 - 12 years of age.

It is full of really interesting information, including Our Planet Earth, including the Solar System, Mountains, Plains & Seas. The Countries of the World, and their people. It breaks down the Continents with lots of interesting facts about each country or group of countries. It also shows the National Flag of each country. It is packed with interesting facts; and in adddition there are little puzzles to solve on the way.

The terminology is easily understood and to top it all it has been printed in Association with The Royal Geographical Society. It's colourful, and the layout is different from other books of this type. I think it is more interesting.

[Top Rated Car Charger] RAVPower Dual USB Car Adapter (4.8A / 24W, iSmart Charging, Built-in Safety Protection) for iPhone 6s / 6s Plus, iPad Pro / Air 2 / Mini 4, Galaxy S7 / S6 Edge / Note 5 and More - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars RAV Power Dual USB Car Charger, 5 May 2016
With this high power dual port USB in-car adapter you have the possibility to effectively operate and
charge mobile terminal devices such as Smartphones, MP3 player, PDAs, digital cameras, portable game
consoles or navigational devices on your journey. This high performance in-car adapter from CSL
guarantees very fast charging processes due to the high power supply from a total of 4800mA.

The high-performance dual port USB quick-charging adapter is universally applicable for all 12/24V
in-car cigarette lighters. Additional safety is provided by the intelligent electronic overload
protection. The protection circuit switches off in case of failure and returns back into normal mode.
Thus an electrical short and overheating is prevented.

The Sandman
The Sandman
by Lars Kepler

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sandman - 4th in the Joona Linna Series, 5 May 2016
This review is from: The Sandman (Paperback)
Yet another exciting novel by Lars Kepler, the Swedish Husband and Wife.

He's Sweden's most prolific serial killer. His name, Jurek Walter. Walter is serving a life sentence and is being kept in solitary confinement, because he is still considered extremely dangerous by psychiatric staff. He can lull you into a sense of calm.

Mikael knows him as "the sandman". Seven years ago, he was taken from his bed along with his sister. They are both presumed dead. But Jurek Walter has one target left.

When Mikael is discovered on a railway line, close to death, the hunt begins to find his sister. To get to the truth, Detective Inspector Joona Linna will need to get closer than ever to the man who stripped him of a family; the man who wants Linna dead.

A real page turner and one you'll not want to put down.

Rexel ID Guard Roller - Pretty Pink
Rexel ID Guard Roller - Pretty Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars A Handy Stationery Accessory, 5 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For years now I have been shredding diligently anything which displays my name and address details, but now, with this Rexel ID Guard Roller I no longer need to do this. It obliterates all the information in a couple of strokes.
A handy little accessory to your stationery supplies, although I need to find out how to replace the ink once it can't cover what it should any longer. There were no instructions in the pack but I'm sure it is easy to find out this information..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20