Profile for cait > Reviews

Babychic 100 Percent Cotton Buggy Liner Blue Bird
Babychic 100 Percent Cotton Buggy Liner Blue Bird
Price: 31.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous but pricey, 18 Jun 2014
First off, this is beautiful. The colour is bright and true to the picture. The cotton is high quality, soft and thick. That said, it's pricey for what it is but I admit to being swayed by the matching bits and bobs (strap covers are lovely and really thick but the bumper handle bar is just an unpadded tube of fabric and VERY expensive at 6.99 for what it is though it does really complete the look). All in all, I do love it and it looks gorgeous on my Silver Cross sleepover and is much nicer for my little boy to lie on than the nylony stuff on the pram.

MIMOS Baby Pillow (XL) for flat head (Plagiocephaly) - Air flow Safety (Anti-suffocation TUV certification) - Size XL (1- 10 months)
Offered by MIMOS Baby Pillow for Plagiocephaly Flat Head Prevention
Price: 63.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Could see an improvement in 48 hours - don't hesitate to buy, 28 May 2014
We noticed our baby boy's head becoming flat at around seven weeks old. I immediately did my research and discovered that placiocephaly is more common in baby boys (check), good sleepers (check) and babies born by c-section (check). We considered cheaper pillows but in the end went for Mimos and I'm so glad we did. Our son's head began to improve within 48 hours of this arriving. We were religious though about him ALWAYS being on the Mimos when lying down (so in his pram, his cot, his play gym etc). Within a month his flat head was barely noticeable. He is now 5 months old and we still use his Mimos for all sleeps both day and night but stopped using it for playtime lying down after the first month. His head is perfect now. He loves his Mimos and I also noticed less refluxy possetting whilst using it. You must buy the cover though as the pillow itself has a nylony feel that catches on rough dry skin (new mummy hands from all the hand washing). To be honest, I'd recommend buying two covers (I went back for a second) as you really WON'T want to use it without a cover and they get grubby really quick thanks to being white and having an airtex like texture from the breathe holes means they catch any dirt going - i found any make up that went on my son from me was immediately transferred to the cover.
The breathability of this pillow and the covers are hugely reassuring as you can use overnight etc without worrying about suffocation - the warnings on the memory foam ones advising to use only under adult supervision terrified me into avoiding them and also to my mind made them useless as my sons longest period of lying on his back, and therefore his flat spot, was overnight when I too would be asleep and unable to supervise his use of the pillow.

Clevamama Clevascoop Infant Formula Scoop
Clevamama Clevascoop Infant Formula Scoop
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore bad reviews - they've ignored the clear instructions!, 4 May 2014
Ignore the bad reviews - this is genius!

Does exactly what it's meant to and saves you from wasting formula due to baby brain. Those reviewers who did their own unscientific tests ignored the instructions that specifically told you not to do this and explained why this would give innaccurate results (something complicated to do with air in scoops). The product was extensively tested before being sold and csn be trusted. I've been using it since my son was born (as have two friends) and have had no issues with weight gain or excessive hunger for my son who is now almost 18 weeks and still being fed exclusively with formula. He's healthy, happy and sleeps all night.

The only tiny niggle i have is that the green rubber grip has some wear and as a result, I've replaced my scoop as i was concerned that bacteria could grow underneath where the hole is. Otherwise, I love this and its made my life so much easier than with my first where i constantly lost count of my scoops.

ASDA
ASDA

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible slow glitchy app, 21 April 2014
This review is from: ASDA (App)
This is truly awful to use. Slow, glitchy and crashes regularly. Makes my online shop a nightmare to be honest. Having read some other reviews, I think I'll try the iPhone app instead although I would much prefer to do my shopping on the Kindle 's larger screen.

Guess The Emoji
Guess The Emoji

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Guess The Emoji (App)
Good fun app suitable for all the family - useful that you can ask Facebook friends for help too which saves on coins!

Robomop Robot Floor Cleaner Floor Sweeper
Robomop Robot Floor Cleaner Floor Sweeper
Offered by Superbuys Online
Price: 36.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant labour saver!, 17 April 2013
My husband bought me one of these recently and I love it (or "him" as I refer to my Robomop). Hubby thought this would be great for our large open plan kitchen/dining room/lounge/sunroom area but to be honest that area is not ideally suited for this gadget. There is too much large debris in the area - ie stones carried in from outside, food debris, coal and wood from our stove etc. Robomop can't collect this kind of thing and to be totally honest, I would be concerned that there would be a very slight possibility of scratching to my shiney porcelain tiles if a sharp stone were caught under Robomop (this would be more of an issue if you wanted to go and leave him to it rather than keeping an eye on him!)

Where Robomop really shines is in collecting dust and hair and, for me, the place he's best put to work is in my hallway and bedrooms (all of which have wooden/laminate floors). Pre-Robomop, I vacuumed this area every other week (our house is large, I work full time and I am no lover of housework but ideally it would have needed done every week!)and after a few days it would look dusty again. Now I set Robomop to work every other day (usually in the mornings as we're getting ready to head out). I give him half an hour in each bedroom and half an hour in the hall and I have to say I am thrilled with the results! My floors never look dusty any more (no more fluffy hairballs floating round when I open a door) and he is AMAZING for getting under furniture in bedrooms (especially the beds though obviously he can't fit under divan style beds). I honestly think a quick monthly hoover will be more than adequate now we have this little guy! As others have said, replacement pads are expensive but I tend to reuse mine by picking the fluff and hair off after each use and also by reversing the pad. I think I should get away with a new pad every 10-14 days this way.

Branded (Fall of Angels Book 1)
Branded (Fall of Angels Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear..., 10 Jan 2013
Based on the reviews, you could be forgiven for thinking this would be good. It's not. The idea is good but the writing is poor, lacks flow and plot devices are often contrived and horribly obvious. Like another reviewer, I was shocked that this made it into print and was not just published electronically. Probably ought not to have been so surprised though with publishers' current passion to make money out of "soft horror".

If you're looking for a truly great angel story, pass this up and buy Laini Taylor's "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" and the follow-up "Days of Blood and Starlight".

Blood and Snow 1: Blood and Snow, Revenant in Training, The Vampire Christopher, Blood Soaked Promises (Blood and Snow (Season 1))
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Contrived drivel, 14 Dec 2012
This is rubbish - badly written, painfully contrived and full of glaring grammatical errors and typos. An insult to my 13 year old's reading ability and intelligence! I've no idea why most of the reviews are so good - it's utter nonsense.

Days of Blood and Starlight: Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy: Book Two
Days of Blood and Starlight: Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy: Book Two
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical and breathtaking!, 2 Dec 2012
Oh my God - amazing! Dark, uplifting, funny, sad, moving: this book is a rollercoaster ride of emotion and excitement. The richly layered world of the first book is expanded and lots of detail is filled in. Anyone who loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone will not be disappointed at book two. Cannot wait for the next installment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 26 Nov 2012
I love my Kindle Fire! It's like a supersized iPhone (but no-one can ring me on it and mess up my high score on a game!) with the added bonus of not having all my purchases (especially music) deleted by Apple when I haven't backed up - I mean who really has time to back up stuff like that? The Cloud is so much better!

The screen and sound are amazing and it's absolutely true that it picks up wifi better than any other device we have at home (and we have too many!). I'll still be mainly using my Kindle Keyboard for reading books although I do love the full colour covers on the Fire - the lit up screen will be useful for reading in the dark though (think waiting outside kid's youth club/disco/dance class in the dark and being able to read without having to find a spot below a streetlight!).

App selection is pretty good IMO, so far all I've been disappointed on are my own bank's banking online app (which I have on my iPhone so no big deal and I can log into the full site from the Silk browser) and Asda's online shopping app (again, on my iPhone and Silk).

Niggly issues (but not worthy of losing a star) are the ridiculously priced charger (thought I'd just use my old Kindle KB charger but it is SLOW - the charge doesn't go up at all if you're charging and using) and, as mentioned by many others, the volume and on/off being a little hard to find in the dark - have to say I prefer the slider switch on the Kindle KB.

For the complainers - no, it's not an iPad. They cost more. A lot more.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2012 2:30 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4