Profile for duke2322 > Reviews

"duke2322"

Countdown to Extinction
Countdown to Extinction

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Megadeth Album Ever!, 29 Dec 2002
This review is from: Countdown to Extinction (Audio CD)
This has to be without doubt the best Megadeth album they have ever released.
OK, so it may not be a thrash album, which is really what Megadeth were about. So they've moved on. But the move is for the better, and I'm sure that you'll agree with me when you hear this album.
Its starts off with the upbeat "Skin O' My Teeth", with a classic main riff, and some excellent soloing from Mustaine and Friedman. It then moves on to the most famous song on the album, "Symphony of Destruction". This is a fairly slow and heavy song, and is considered one of the best heavy metal songs of all time. You have to listen to it to believe it.
The also famous "Sweating Bullets" is 5th on the album. I'll have to be honest, when I first heard this song, I didn't like it that much. However, it soon grew on me, and now I consider it to be one of the best on the album.
Next song worth mentioning is the title track, "Countdown to Extinction". Although this song doesn't really contain any memorable lyrics, amazing riffs, or long and complicated solo's, it still delivers the sort of style Megadeth have now adopted.
The last track on the album worth mentioning has to be my favourite of all Megadeth songs, "Ashes in your Mouth". The timing in the song is somewhat different for Megadeth, but it's the sort of thing that Marty Friedman is famous for doing, you only have to listen to his solo albums to hear that. The solo's in this song have to be some of the best I have ever heard, and I'm a big Metallica, Guns N Roses etc... fan, so that really means something.
Overall, this album is an essential album for any metal fan. Buy it!

Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Offered by Musicland Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 29 Dec 2002
Megadeth's Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? album is without doubt one of the best albums they have ever released.
I listen to Megadeth because I love their early thrash riffs, and their great soloing, and this album does not disappoint. Peace Sells... is a great melodic and upbeat heavy song, with plenty of soloing, and with lyrics that really represent what Megadeth were thinking about the government back in the 1980's.
Devils Island is a thrash masterpiece, with yet another amazing solo, which is built up very effectively.
If you are a Megadeth fan, and you do not have this album, I would recommend 100% for you to buy it, you won't regret it!