Profile for S. E. Allen > Reviews

S. E. Allen (UK)

Playing Isabel
Playing Isabel
by Mary Kember

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story - gripping from start to finish., 29 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Playing Isabel (Paperback)
I'm a voracious reader and rarely, very rarely, will I recommend a book to friends and family. Playing Isabel was one of those books as its pace and storyline made it a genuine page turner (an often overused phrase). The gloriously romantic notion of trying to find one another in Paris alone, is enough to make you want to read it, and as the storyline deepens and the characters lives twist and turn, I found it impossible to guess what was coming next. I lost much-needed beauty sleep staying up late to finish this but it was well worth it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great iron apart from the red on black dial info!, 3 Oct. 2012
Read all the reviews of many irons before purchasing this one. One reviewer warned of the unreadable dial settings and I thought to myself 'it can't be that bad' It is. I need the aid of a torch to see these markings!! Apart from that, excellent iron. Super easy to fill, good weight so no need to apply any pressure, nice long cord and as usual great price and superb service from Amazon.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best opaques ever!, 13 Dec. 2011
These are absolutely gorgeous. On the outside they look like very good quality opaques but on the inside... Well....sooooo comfy, all fleecy and cocooning. When you wear these you feel like you've actually got your pj's on in public, your very own fluffy secret. Get them but tell no one!

Typhoon Vintage Floral Electronic Scales
Typhoon Vintage Floral Electronic Scales

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but frustrating!, 2 Dec. 2011
Bought these primarily for the look - big mistake.
Despite following instructions, the digital selection to change function to Weigh was totally random and in the end I would have to allow an extra 10 minutes to my cooking time, in order to coax the scales into doing their job. Finally giving up after complete refusal to go into weigh mode at all, yet another abandoned cooking session. Finally binned.

Greg Davies Live - Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog [DVD]
Greg Davies Live - Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this!, 27 Oct. 2011
Seen most of the current stand up's live now and Greg Davis was by far the best. Very very funny.
Hope the DVD captures the energy of his live performance, we saw him in Canterbury and he was brilliant!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2011 5:52 PM GMT

Bosch PSM 80 A Multi-Sander (discontinued by manufacturer)
Bosch PSM 80 A Multi-Sander (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little sander., 26 April 2010
Bought this sander as it was the most comfortable and light to hold. As a female, these are really important. Was very impressed how well it did the job, made light work of the sanding, almost a pleasure, just goes to show, if you've got the right tools, everything's easy. Get one!

The Shack
The Shack
by William Young

5.0 out of 5 stars an 'up-all-nighter', 1 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
I read around two books a week and am also a writer - this book is one I'll remember reading forever. (not many on that list let me tell you!)
Firstly, I'm not religious. It did however, make me take a long hard look at the way I might be 'judged' if and when that day ever comes. Aside from an absolutely compelling read, it's not often I've come across a book so thought provoking and potentially life changing.
If you only ever read one book - make it this one.
Incidentally, I've never reviewed a book here before because I've never found one worth recommending so much.