Profile for Pooterman > Reviews

Pooterman

Seagate 3.5 inch 2TB Barracuda Desktop Hard Drive
Seagate 3.5 inch 2TB Barracuda Desktop Hard Drive
Offered by Computer Technology Stoke Limited & InternetCT

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy hard drives with no support service from Seagate, 16 May 2012
Seriously don't consider buying this hard drive - it emits a 'chirping squealing noise' every few seconds and to say it's really annoying is an understatement!!

Seagate have been aware of the problem for some months now but have failed to issue a firmware fix so to me that speaks volumes about their lack of customer service which is something many other customers have realised over time.

You only have to read the many complaints over on the Seagte forums to realise it's best to steer well clear of this current range of noisy hard drives from Seagate.

Save yourself the upset and buy another brand such as Western Digital, I returned all 3 of my new noisy Seagate drives and spent a few extra quid on the 2TB Western Digital's and they haven't given me any problems.

Acctim Gamma Smartlite Jumbo Display Alarm Clock
Acctim Gamma Smartlite Jumbo Display Alarm Clock
Offered by HARTS

1.0 out of 5 stars A Simply Terrible Clock With Misleading Advertising..., 30 Oct. 2011
What a waste of money this clock was. The advertised image is misleading as you're made to think that the clock displays a bright orange back light when it truth it only displays an extremely dim practically unreadable orange light when in darkness. You can get a brighter backlight for a few seconds after you press a button on the front of the clock however but what's the point! You'll also discover that after only a few weeks you won't be able to read any of the numerals on the display because the very top of the LCD screen refuses to display the upper half of any of the digits. The viewing angle of the clock is also extremely bad and I had to prop something underneath it so it was in a 'leaned back' position in order for the numerals to be viewable when the clock was placed on my bedside drawer unit which is exactly level with the height of my bed. To summarise this is a clock that's not fit for it's advertised purpose and only get's 1 star because you can't leave a minus number - avoid at all costs or alternatively set fire to £16 of your hard-earned as you'll get a better light from that than you will with this garbage!!

Belkin CoolSpot Cooling Stand for Laptops up to 17-inch - White
Belkin CoolSpot Cooling Stand for Laptops up to 17-inch - White

1.0 out of 5 stars complete and utter junk!, 15 Jan. 2011
My daughters laptop started overheating so I thought this would be a good idea to help keep it cool. This is the 2nd one I've purchased and this time received from IndigoStarfish via Amazon. The last one I had lasted 2 days or about 4 hours of usage and the fan just stoppen working. The second one I received just last week didn't even fair that well - the fan doesn't even start up at all and I've tried it on 3 different laptops. Have contacted Amazon for a refund and would strongly suggest for your sanity and if you value your time and money that your avoid this laptop cooler at any costs and buy an alternative make and model. Utter Junk!

Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii)
Doctor Who Return to Earth (Wii)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Poor....., 20 Nov. 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I'll keep this brief - this game is abysmal - no it's worse than that but I can't find a adjective intense enough to describe the bad taste this game has left in mine and my 3 kids mouths (aged 4-12).

Even if you are a die hard Doctor Who fan (like me) your heart will sink when you start to 'play' through this game.

It will sell by the bucket load though solely due to the 'Doctor Who' name alone but this will result in many tears at Xmas and kids asking their parents if they still have the receipt so they can swap it for something else!

Look at the recent reviews i.e. from the Official Nintendo Magazine - 19 out of 100, other reviews so far have been on average 2 out of 10.

My advice is read the reviews before you buy and don't buy it just because it has the words 'Doctor Who' in it - this will be your first mistake beleive me!

Another wasted opportunity I'm afraid - a shoddy terrible game made by talentless greedy software developers aiming at the Xmas market who obviously have no love for the show or it's fans, only their bank balance as they watch the cash come flooding in.

Avoid!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2010 12:07 AM GMT