Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "angemoon" (Near York, England, UK)

VIBOX Warrior Package 7 - 4.0GHz Quad Core, GTX 960, Triple 24" Monitors, Gaming PC, Desktop Computer with WarThunder Game Bundle, Gamer's Headset, LED Keyboard & Mouse Set, High Speed WiFi Adapter, Internal Neon Lighting Kit PLUS a Lifetime Warranty Included* (4.0GHz AMD FX 4300 Fast Quad Core CPU Processor, 2GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Graphics Card GPU, 1TB Hard Drive, 16GB 1600MHz Memory RAM, Vibox Predator Green Case, DVD-RW, No Operating System Included)
Offered by Vibox Ltd
Price: £1,049.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for or is it just because I live in a hilly area?, 20 July 2015
The customer service is very good but I am not sure about the standard of the machines as I have not got a new PC for many years. When it arrived the display would not work. It was clear the monitors were not to blame. It seems to be standard practice to get the buyer to open up the machine and take things out, they do provide a video of how to do this via email and you can opt not to do this. I was told that due to being moved about in delivery the graphics card may have become "unseated", when this did not make it work I was told to take the ram in and out. I still could not make it work and I sent it back for a replacement.

The replacement had exactly the same problem and once again it was go in to the machine and take things out and put them back in. I did manage to make it work but I then I had trouble with the USB's and with no operating system it is not like I could check if it was a driver problem or something else. In the end I sent the machine back as I did not trust it and I was quickly refunded.

Now I will accept that it is possible computers are made exceptionally delicate these days. The last PC i bought I managed to move between several houses and it always worked. I never had to open it up after it had been moved around. I do live in a hilly area and the delivery driver cannot drive right up to my door to deliver. The box the PC was in also had a monitor in, which made it even harder to get to my front door. So it is possible it was moved a bit before it got to me and it was not easy to get out of the box. So if computers are incredibly delicate and suffer from any form of even slight movement then woe betide anyone who lives in a place like I do if they need a new modern computer. Maybe such people will have to stick to laptops which are made to be portable, where towers seem to be made not to be moved, even from where they are made to a customers home. That said it could also be a case of you get what you pay for.

In future I will make sure I have thoroughly looked in to any technology I buy and hopefully in future all computer manufacturers will either make it so that desktops can once again be moved around the place or send everyone in the country on a PC engineering basics course so that they can make it work having had components "unseat" due to being delivered or moved from shop to home.

The Wind In The Willows [DVD] [1996]
The Wind In The Willows [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Steve Coogan
Offered by rdowns33

5.0 out of 5 stars Poop Poop, a wonderful film!, 21 Dec. 2002
I just love this film, whenever I am down I put it on. At first I had the video (OK first I saw it at the cinema then I got the video) and it is running out and so was overjoyed to find that it is out on DVD. Now if you are looking for a faithful rendition of the Wind in the Willows story you may be a little disappointed. But if you just wish to see the tale with a new and comical twist then this is great film. Only downside is that badger is not fierce enough! But toad is gloriously pompous and Ratty is ever loving his river. The extra features are great especialy the part where you can sing along to 4 of the songs, the Weasels song, toads song, Ratty on the river and the charming song the Badger, Mole, Rat and Toad sing in friendship. The sad thing is that there is no sing-along for the end title tune which I also love.
I would not be without a copy of this film in my house because it is very funny and always cheers me up. I would hope that it will do the same for anyone who buys and or watches this film.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Picture Book (The Chronicles of Narnia)
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Picture Book (The Chronicles of Narnia)
by C. S. Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars A magic step through the wardrobe, 20 Jan. 2001
This is a marvellous book for all ages. I was captivated by it when I was very young and I am now haveing to buy yet another copy because my original is falling to pieces. It is a book that introduces you to the magical world of narnia and the adventures of four human siblings. It has everything you would expect, good guys, bad guys. Battles and heroism. It also has parts that make you burst into tears. It inspired a great cartoon and I love it. From the magical creatures to the evil witch it is a book that is impossible to put down. Once read you just wish to read it again. I would also recomend the other books in the series. CS Lewis is a great author and Narnia is a wonderful, magical land where we can all be heors and heroines.

How to Draw Spacecraft (Young Artist Series)
How to Draw Spacecraft (Young Artist Series)
by Anita Ganeri
Edition: Library Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this little book, 13 Dec. 2000
OK Ok since it's a kids book it is very basic, but it is charming and a great start towards drawing more and more space craft. Being a big space fan I love it. It is really easy to read, has great pictures and is really charming. It also has a bit on aliens and comic strips, but only at a very basic level. But certainly good enough to inspire the imagination. If you don't expect too much and have never drawn in your life before this is a nice little staring point. However do remember that it is after all a childrens book and so it is based around the idea that lids will mostly use it. Get all of that straight in your head and you can't go far wrong with this book.

Powder [VHS]
Powder [VHS]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredible film that you should definately buy, 27 May 2000
This review is from: Powder [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is a touching film about an abino boy (Powder), who has a the gift of telekinesis, which other cannot understand. Through misunderstanding they can only feel fear and hostility. This fear and hostility is regretable, because Powder has alot to offer those around him, he is able to give those around him insights that they can only dream of and can, though merely the use of his hands, re-start the human heart. The star of the film is Sean Patrick Flanery, without whom I believe the film would have failed. Flanery full shows how tneder, magnetic and electric a character Powder is. However you should also look out for great performances from Jeff Goldblum, as Powers Science teacher, and Lance Henriksen as the local sheriff.
After the death of his grandparents Powder is thrust in to the world and tries to become apart of society, but knows that it is impossible because people cannot understand him and fear his abilities. He inspires his science teacher who in the end wants to help to take Powder away from those who cannot understand him, or who will either harm him or will force him to harm them. The film is thought provoking and will throw you through a wide range of emotions until you reach the end, and what an end, it is certainly unexpected. Powder attempts to show an ideal, it brings forth the idea that technology has out-grown man, but man does have the ability to right the balance and out-grow all current and future technologies. It is a film that I will never forget, will watch again and again, and will forever alter how I view myself and the world around me. Buy it, you might be surprised at how you like it and cannot forget it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2011 4:35 AM BST