Profile for TONY M FISHER > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Children Act
The Children Act

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Children Act (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable. Recommended to friends this is all I wish to say. I cannot think of anything more to say in this regard.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars PAGE TURNER, 8 Sept. 2014
Most of what needs to be said has already been written. I enjoyed the book, which had enough characters and sub plots, to keep you guessing. Possibly a further book, but a film, I don't so.

Record Album Frame - Black - One Supplied
Record Album Frame - Black - One Supplied
Offered by Findmeagift

3.0 out of 5 stars DOES THE JOB, 8 Sept. 2014
A little flimsy, but once on the wall with the album inside, they look great!

The Handmaid's Tale (Vintage Classics)
The Handmaid's Tale (Vintage Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing story., 2 Jun. 2014
The story was a little disjointed at first, but it kept on drawing me in. The reason for this became clear when at the end of the story the Historical notes are completed.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars CLEAR DISPLAY, 2 Jun. 2014
The display is large enough to see from around the room and the max & min temperature feature is useful. The only negative is that it is rather slow to show the change in temperature; it seems to update the the temperature every minute, but only by 0.1C each time. so if you move from a warm location to a colder location, it takes ages to settle at the new temperature.

Retro Vinyl Record Album Photo Picture Frame - Black
Retro Vinyl Record Album Photo Picture Frame - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars LOOKS GREAT!, 24 Mar. 2014
I have now purchased 12 of these great frames and my albums are proudly on display on my stairs wall. Yes the frames are a little flimsy but once they are on the wall, who would know. The perspex is protected on both sides and once that was removed the records are perfectly on display. I'm tempted to purchase more, but my spouse has decided enough is enough. (for now anyway)

White wooden cabinet with four drawers and cupboard - bathroom, bedroom, anyroom
Offered by HOME TREATS

4.0 out of 5 stars JOB DONE, 24 Mar. 2014
When the cabinet arrived I opened the box and laid out all of the parts to check against the very small print instructions. All the parts were there so I continued to assemble the cabinet. I soon realised that this was like the Morcombe & Wise show with Andre Previn; all the parts were there but not necessarily labelled in the correct way. Parts had the wrong stickers on them and so did the numbered bags, but at least they were all there and well done to the worker in China for getting most of them correct ( I wonder how many English speakers would get Chinese words and numbers correct.)
It took me about 1 hour to get it assembled once I had figured out the labeling errors.
I like the neat drawer stops, clever idea.
The materials used are a little fragile and already one of the drawers is cracked, but with a little respect it should survive.
Overall not a bad little cabinet for the price and it matches the far more expensive taller cabinet from a well known retailer with two initials and a '&' sign in the middle.

Shades story (50 Shades of Birmingham Book 1)
Shades story (50 Shades of Birmingham Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BOTHER, 2 April 2013
This is unadulterated rubbish using the 50 Shades influence to entice you in. Rubbish writing with atrocious grammar, totally unbelievable. This book wasn't released - it escaped.

Born to Run: The hidden tribe, the ultra-runners, and the greatest race the world has never seen

5.0 out of 5 stars NEVER TOO LATE TO CHANGE, 2 April 2013
This book had me gripped from the the start. Finding the mysterious White Horse led you through the canyons of Mexico, deeper than the Grand Canyon, via the treacherous murdering drug barons through to the 'mama' who gave sustenance to a group of crazy runners who thought they could out-run the tribe who think nothing of a 100 mile run after a crazy night of drinking and deborchaqry. Some really fascinating facts regarding the lies and money making of the shoe manufacturers and a good enough study of where us as humans came from and why we developed our body as it is. I am now going to ditch the trainers and get some thin soled shoes and change my running style - and when you finish this book, so will you.

First Love, Last Rites
First Love, Last Rites

3.0 out of 5 stars Dark Yet Wonderful, 9 Nov. 2012
Ian McEwan is an absolute master of word craft and after reading his latest book - Sweet Tooth - I thought I would delve a little into his earlier works. There are some deep and dark stories in this collection, but I found myself galloping along unable to hold back from the collection of words that so cleverly pulled you along through the stories. You can see that McEwan is a master of short stories and we were given a glimpse of them in Sweet Tooth. The story that gives the book its title is an absolute cracker but not necessarily the best. My favourite was the story about the mysterious Mr M. and his whereabouts and wonderful way in which this leads to a satisfactory disappearance of a moaning and violent wife. Read the stories and I am sure that you can not fail to enjoy the beautiful descriptive stories.

Page: 1 | 2