Profile for Medsec > Reviews

Content by Medsec

Medsec "Gill27" (East Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Norpro Muffin Rings, Transparent
Norpro Muffin Rings, Transparent
Offered by US-ZINC

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for crumpets, 10 April 2015
I've now had the opportunity to use these rings, for making crumpets. I've had a set of them and a round griddle for years but decided to invest in another, larger griddle and more rings, to reduce the actual cooking time. I am happy to say that I am delighted with these rings. They are exactly what I wanted and performed superbly. An excellent investment. I gathered from previous reviews that delivery would be a little longer as they come from America. They took around a week, which I don't regard as excessive. I can highly recommend these rings - buy with confidence.

7dayshop Portable High Resolution 35mm Film & Slide Scanner. Colour LCD Screen and 8GB SD Card - Use for your old Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, Konica, Ilford Colour Negative, Black & White and Colour Slide Films!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very neat piece of kit, 9 Mar. 2015
Having scrutinised all the reviews of this scanner I was reasonably confident that it would meet my needs and I haven't been disappointed. Previously we were using a Canon scanner but sadly, after laptop upgrades we found it was no longer compatible with our machines. This neat little piece of kit is enabling me to resume the digitising of our precious slides - 30 and 40 year old slides I might add. It has become something of a rescue mission as some are deteriorating. It is such a pleasure to be able to view them once more. I found I was able to start using the scanner straight away and find it generally takes me about an hour to do 100, at a fairly leisurely pace. Some people have commented on the quality: the results are not perfect but then the originals were not perfect either. We find the results quite acceptable and my husband has spent some time using photoshop software to enhance pictures he particularly wanted. I am very pleased indeed with the scanner and I would say it's excellent value for money.

Ready Player One
Ready Player One

5.0 out of 5 stars It's very easy to read, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Ready Player One (Kindle Edition)
I first read this on the recommendation of my son - an avid gamer himself - and I was a little dubious when I started it. However, I was quickly drawn into the story of Parzival and Co as they battle the dreaded Sixers. It's very easy to read, in fact un-put-downable. I've just read it for the second time and enjoyed it even more the second time around. It also reminds me very much of Tad Williams' 'Otherland' series which I love and desperately wish they would bring out on Kindle.

A Symphony of Echoes (The Chronicles of St Mary Book 2)
A Symphony of Echoes (The Chronicles of St Mary Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you liked 'Just one damned thing after another' you will love this, 30 Nov. 2014
I loved the first book and this is a brilliant sequel. Jodi Taylor's writing makes me laugh out loud at times and never fails to hold my attention and interest. I really couldn't put this down and I can't wait to get at the next one.

Silver & Black Swirl Art Nouveau Photo Picture Frame A4 Certificate
Silver & Black Swirl Art Nouveau Photo Picture Frame A4 Certificate
Offered by Online2Home

4.0 out of 5 stars So the bottom line is - very nice frame, you get what you pay for, 12 Aug. 2014
This is a lovely frame, just what I wanted. Fairly cheaply made but then it's an inexpensive frame. I'm not giving it five stars as unfortunately it arrived with broken glass. In my opinion the packaging was insufficient to protect the glass. By the time it arrived I needed to use it so I purchased replacement glass locally rather than go through the hassle of return. I did contact the seller, who responded quickly and offered a replacement. I explained that I'd got a new glass but didn't think much of the packaging. They questioned me about the packaging and said they thought they used perfectly appropriate packaging. So there you are, Maybe something was missing in the way of padding that would normally have been used - I don't know. Clearly the seller would have been willing to replace but for me this would have taken too long. So the bottom line is - very nice frame, you get what you pay for. If you want something more substantial then you will have to pay more. Overall, I am happy with it.

Karrimor Aruba, Men Hiking Sandals, Blue (New Navy Grey (Nng)), 12 UK (46 EU)
Karrimor Aruba, Men Hiking Sandals, Blue (New Navy Grey (Nng)), 12 UK (46 EU)
Offered by OutdoorGear Outdoor Experts

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walking sandals ever, 2 Aug. 2014
This is the third pair of these sandals I've got for my husband. He wears them nearly all year round and he does a lot of city walking. His previous pair lasted nearly two years before one of the straps finally gave way! They are an excellent fit, are comfy from the off and I really can't fault them. I have a pair of the ladies' Aruba sandals myself and I love them.

Hi-Tec Waimea Falls, Women's Sandals, Pinkcrush/Stone/Candy, 6 UK
Hi-Tec Waimea Falls, Women's Sandals, Pinkcrush/Stone/Candy, 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these sandals, 12 Jun. 2014
I trawled through the reviews for these sandals and although I liked the look of them, I was a little apprehensive as some had found them a poor fit. I have wide feet and a problematic bunion/arthritic big toe - however I needn't have worried. They are very comfortable, I wore them for the first time walking round Whitby for the day with no rubbing or blisters. I do agree with what some have said, that the strap crossing the foot is slightly snug and does not adjust, however I didn't find this a problem. I look forward to a lot more wear out of them.

Micro Filter for BT / Talk Talk / Sky Broadband- Cable Type
Micro Filter for BT / Talk Talk / Sky Broadband- Cable Type
Offered by Northeast Cables Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 31 May 2014
We wanted to renew our micro filter and this one fit the bill. Good product, what else can I say? :)

Soul Music: (Discworld Novel 16) (Discworld series)
Soul Music: (Discworld Novel 16) (Discworld series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sir Terry at his best, 6 Feb. 2014
Terry Pratchett so often makes me laugh out loud when reading his books and this was no exception. I love the characters of Susan and Death, so I can't understand how I've never read this before! A must-read for every Terry Pratchett fan.

Premier Housewares Coffee Mugs - Set of 2 - Stainless Steel
Premier Housewares Coffee Mugs - Set of 2 - Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 13 Dec. 2013
I've been looking for some of these for several years to match two I was given as a gift. They are a perfect match and I'm really pleased with them. Perfect for mulled wine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4