Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
SHARK Open-Face Helmet RAW BLANK MAT flat black size L (59/60)
SHARK Open-Face Helmet RAW BLANK MAT flat black size L (59/60)
Offered by MoRaBe_1

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, lightweight with slightly awkward fixtures., 7 Oct. 2014
This is an extremely stylish bad ass helmet to ride about in. You will get comments on it even when sat in traffic!

As for the fit and feel of it the helmet is reasonably comfortable, though I should warn you that the goggles it comes with are tinted. You can find replacement clear goggles though they are not easy to come by. Thus riding at night with this may be a little awkward, though fortunately you can pull the goggles and attached face grill up over your helmet without too much difficulty.

The one thing I would warn about is trying to detach the goggles and face grill. Though it is designed to do it, you get the impression that something will break off if done too often.

Overall this would be a fine summer riding helmet or possibly for low speed commutes. Being an open face helmet with facial accessories, I cannot imagine it would offer much in the way of protection the same way regular visor helmets would.

Scotch & Soda Men's Button Down Slim Fit Classic Long Sleeve Casual Shirt, White, Small

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine if you're in a rush, 7 Oct. 2014
I bought this shirt as I needed to find a suitable fitted white shirt for a bowtie and braces combo I had in mind for a wedding. Truth be told this shirt is good enough for the job, but the fabric has a very paper like quality about it. Like paper it is also incredibly prone to creasing even after a good ironing. The final thing to take into account is that the buttons around the collar are incredibly fiddly.

Overall this is an OK party shirt but Heaven help you if you intend it for anything else.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made., 7 Oct. 2014
Far better quality than some of the detritus you find on Amazon. Took me a fair while to wear out one of these while practicing. However like any lock, you still need to be fairly gentle as despite their durability they are not invulnerable.

No Stink Shoe Deodoriser
No Stink Shoe Deodoriser
Offered by Osaka Fight Gear

5.0 out of 5 stars These work brilliantly! As a fairly regular gym goer, 7 Oct. 2014
This review is from: No Stink Shoe Deodoriser (Misc.)
These work brilliantly! As a fairly regular gym goer, it had got to a point where I could find my trainers by smell long before I could see them. Despite putting them in the washing machine regularly, it wasn't long until the odor returned. With that in mind I have been using these deodorisers for over a month now and frankly there is no stench.

Two little bags of semi-perfumed awesome!

CrownTrade® Set of 4 Repair Replacement HDD Hard Drive Screws for Unibody Apple Macbook Pro A1278 A1286 A1297 13" 15" 17" 922-8655
Offered by CrownTrade

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough but could be better., 7 Oct. 2014
I ordered these to assist me in replacing some HHDs I bought for a couple damaged Macbooks. Though they did the job they are not exactly a perfect fit for the holes in the side of the drives. Quality of each screw seemed inconsistent, as some fit fine while others were a bit tighter than normal. I also feel the price for them is excessive, though at the time these were the best I could find.

BisLinks® White 3 in 1 Set Home Menu Middle Internal Button Flex Cable For iPhone 5 5G
Offered by BisLinks®

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, 4 Oct. 2014
I used this to repair a colleagues phone and it worked brilliantly. Make sure you read up on the Ifixit article on how to do this properly, as removing the old ribbon efficiently can be a little tricky.

Please note you are going to have to buy a separate rubber gasket for the home button, particularly if the one you have is damaged or missing. Fortunately I was able to recycle the one already on the phone.

Hayabusa Kanpeki Elite 16oz Boxing Gloves v2.0
Hayabusa Kanpeki Elite 16oz Boxing Gloves v2.0

5.0 out of 5 stars ... months now and they by far one of the best pairs I have had, 16 Aug. 2014
I've been using these gloves for a few months now and they by far one of the best pairs I have had. They provide excellent padding for your knuckles and have a surprisingly advanced wrist adjustments. In fact they have a sort of inner strap for tightness adjustment and the outer strap for obviously keeping the gloves in place.

The only thing that might put people off is the size. I bought a 16oz pair and they are noticeably bigger than other gloves of similar weight. In addition other boxers I have spoken with say that the thumb design can be a little uncomfortable for people with large hands, as it curls in more than standard gloves. Personally these two factors haven't bothered me much, though the comment from another reviewer saying that the padding was firmer than normal wasn't wrong. First time I did pad work with someone wearing these, they actually stopped and checked to see if I my gloves were weighted!

Overall a good quality buy and also pretty stylish to look at too.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars They are comfortable enough to wear and do a fair job blocking ..., 16 Aug. 2014
I bought these to replace what were my 3rd pair of Galaxy S2 headphones. Though I didn't lose any of my previous ones, they were prone to cable breakages. These ones seems to be a little bit sturdier but as a consequence the sound quality is greatly diminished. They are comfortable enough to wear and do a fair job blocking out ambient noise, but the fact of the matter is the music you're listening to sounds cheap and lifeless.

Overall good enough if you are on a budget, but the audio quality just isn't there.

ACENIX® - 23 in 1 Repair Opening Tools Kit Screwdriver Set For iPhone 3,3GS,4,4S,5, iPad iPod iTouch PSP NDS & HTC , All Types Of Mobile Phones Universal Tool Kit
Offered by ETRADER DIRECT LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars If you're intending to do some serious fixing then these are at best a stop gap until your new Gucci kit arrives, 16 Aug. 2014
I bought these tools as I was in the process of diagnosing and fixing a variety of damaged phones and laptops. The tools themselves are designed well enough for the job, but some of the spudger in particular are made from a very soft plastic and will degrade very quickly. The metal tools seem able enough for the job.

Overall if you need cheap tools in a hurry then these will do. If you're intending to do some serious fixing then these are at best a stop gap until your new Gucci kit arrives.

iPhone 4S Replacement White Front Complete LCD Glass Display Touch Screen Digitizer with TOOLS - mendmyi
Offered by LTT0220

3.0 out of 5 stars If you intend to fix this yourself I would strongly recommend you go through the Ifixit guide online, 16 Aug. 2014
I bought this to replace a cracked screen on my iPhone 4s. Truth be told the screen itself is fully functioning, though it was missing a couple of parts. These include a replacement power button with rubber seal, as well as a speaker grill. You can try and swap them around from the broken screen, though the speaker grill will need some kind of adhesive to fix in place on the new display.

The tools themselves were almost enough for the job, but you will need a a small flat head screw driver and a Sim card pin (or paperclip) as well. If you intend to fix this yourself I would strongly recommend you go through the Ifixit guide online. I did and got a perfect result, though I spent about an hour and half doing it (first try you see).

Review Update 04/10/14: I have been using this screen for a little while now and have decided to downgrade my review to 3 stars. My reason being that although the screen is still functioning and intact, I have noticed that the LCD quality is actually pretty bad. I can see details and colours well enough, but I have noticed a kind of uniformity issue when looking at the screen from different angles. Best way I can describe this is by comparing it to looking at a monitor or TV from the side. Only then do you find that the screen starts to fog over the details. But hey, you get what you pay for right?

Page: 1 | 2