Profile for Annabel > Reviews

RHS Pruning and Training
RHS Pruning and Training
by C Brickell

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Aug 2014
An old favourite mislaid during a house move. Concise and invaluable information

ROSE OF RABY (THWARTED QUEEN Book 1)
ROSE OF RABY (THWARTED QUEEN Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Another swizz, 24 Sep 2013
See my review of Two Murders Reaped. Another quarter of a single book padded with references and bibliography - word for word in the other three volumes.

TWO MURDERS REAPED (THWARTED QUEEN Book 4)
TWO MURDERS REAPED (THWARTED QUEEN Book 4)

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a swizz!, 24 Sep 2013
This is one of NOT FOUR books, but one quarter of ONE! What the author has done is select parts - small parts - of her book and sell it for four times its value. More than half of each volume is dedicated to her own tribulations of authorship and then EXACTLY the same large bibliography is repeated in each volume. In my estimation, this is daylight robbery.

Edward IV and the Wars of the Roses
Edward IV and the Wars of the Roses

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent chronicle., 25 Aug 2013
If you are looking for a rounded picture of the man/king, you could do worse than read Philippa Gregory's The White Queen, which, while somewhat dramatised, portrays an historically accurate picture of the Court of Edward IV. As a student of medieval history, I love this work on Edward as a military Commander and tactician.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought this as a recommended text for a short course, 8 Mar 2013
I found this an excellent text dealing with a very 'busy' time in history of my country. My interest is in the 'long sixteenth century' and specifically on the National Covenant, which is covered in full, but also in a much wider context, linking the entire socio-economic-religious history with the present day.

I am not a historian, having a more 'technical' professional background, BUT I was thoroughly absorbed in this excellend and comprehensive text

Kingdom or Province?: Scotland and the Regal Union, 1603-1715 (British History in Perspective)
by Keith M. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this book as a recommended text for a short course, 8 Mar 2013
I found the book excellent. Professor Brown deals with this very eventful and fundamentally important period in Scotland's history with clarity and humour. Very easy to read and understand, it fills the large gaps left by my early education in which this part of my country's past was largely ignored, save for the odd 'biscuit tin' romantic reference.

I heartily recommend it

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Aramis antiperspirant, 6 Oct 2011
This is an excellent product, not readily available on the High Street. It was great to find it online with such (almost) immediate delivery.
I'll not waste time and shoe leather in the future. Superb product, superb service.