Profile for Tool Man > Reviews

Content by Tool Man

Tool Man "Happy Shopper" (The Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Thrustmaster Tx Ferrari 458 Italia Racing Wheel Ed
Thrustmaster Tx Ferrari 458 Italia Racing Wheel Ed
Offered by The IT Box

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dog's Dangly Bits, 30 Jan. 2015
This is a cracking bit of kit so far - I am using it with Forza 5 - with force feed back set at 40% and the wheel turning angle at 270 degrees - this simulates the actual driving a car feel perfectly for me - the motors work extremely smoothly without any noise other than a cooling fan which can activate if the wheel is used with max force feed back over extended periods of use - but with the above settings the fan does not kick in when am using it for say 1 hour's continual use - it transforms Forza for me into an virtual actual driving experience - my lap times are now slightly longer but this does not bother me in the slightest - as I now concentrate on improving my driving ability / technique and I am sure that that my times will improve as I progress - the mounting / clamping system is excellent - my X box is linked to a computer monitor so my wheel is attached to a very solid desk / proprietary shelving module which I built myself which is perfect for mounting the unit - I am a big amazon fan but on this occasion I bought my wheel from the BT web site for £219 and I am delighted with the purchase - I will update if wheel malfunctions but so far after 2 weeks it is still operating beautifully - it's the dog's dangly bits as they say.

POND FILTER WADDING (POLYWOOL) MEDIA 1m x 1m x 70mm
POND FILTER WADDING (POLYWOOL) MEDIA 1m x 1m x 70mm
Offered by PONDWORLD AQUATICS SUPERSTORE LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 1 Jun. 2014
I have struggled with Green Water now for 2 years, my UV filter has failed to clear it .

I have now replaced all my filter materials with this Polywool and in just 4 days the water is now almost completely clear, I am delighted and

I would recommend this material to any one who wants amazing "polished" water results.

I would point out that this is not a foam as such, it is stranded wool, but having said that it is very strong and I am sure it will give years of service.

However if you buy this 1mx1mx70mm size you should have plenty left for future use.

Cycling Home From Siberia
Cycling Home From Siberia

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a cracking read !!!!!, 15 Mar. 2014
Superb book which is well written and hard to put down, the distances covered are unbelievable and there is even a romantic side to it which is a bonus. I have no reservations in recommending this with a 5 star rating

Techlink Bench B6B Audio Visual Furniture Black Corner Unit
Techlink Bench B6B Audio Visual Furniture Black Corner Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow Fantastic Build Quality, 14 Mar. 2014
This is a great item of furniture in its own right and it is spot on for showing off your TV to boot
However due to its tapering nature, as others have pointed out, it will only house a limited amount of kit.
It will easily accommodate say a PVR and a Blue-ray player, but a large AV system is unlikely to fit into the unit as well .
Bearing this in mind I have no reservations in awarding 5 stars to this corner unit, it is truly a thing of beauty and a great show case for your TV.

Xbox One Console with Kinect
Xbox One Console with Kinect

4.0 out of 5 stars HDMI Cable Up Grade for Your X BOX 1 Consule, 8 Dec. 2013
If you love your X Box 1 as much as I do and you want it to perform even better with Forza 5 and get more vibrant colours - even shinier cars - more detail even on the balloons and helicopters, then order yourself an IBRA High Speed Gold Red 1.4a HDMI Cable 2160p Ultra HD today for the ridiculously cheap price of £7.95(2m long) - for my full review see this item on Amazon under 'newest first revues'- Don't let anyone try and tell you that all HDMI cables have the same performance capabilities - I have found out it simply isn't true - get this cable now !!!!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2013 5:54 PM GMT

Kitchen Devils Lifestyle Rollsharp Sharpener
Kitchen Devils Lifestyle Rollsharp Sharpener
Offered by deals-direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Bit Of Kit, 8 Dec. 2013
This does exactly what it says on the tin - I should have bought one years ago - it transforms all non serrated knives back to their original new 'sharpness' condition - great value and so easy to use.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2014 11:21 AM GMT

IBRA® 2m High Speed PRO GOLD RED v2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD(Version 2.0, 18Gbps, ARC)
Offered by Hd Zone

1.0 out of 5 stars Bring your X Box 1 to Life, 8 Dec. 2013
After reading about HDMI cables being all the same regarding their performance capabilities, I still decided to take a punt with this cable, as so many people have praised it.

I can only say that this cable has transformed my X Box images using the Forza 5 game.

There has been an improvement in every area - deeper more vibrant colours - the cars are even shinier - images are more detailed even the balloons / helicopters are more defined etc.

My X Box is connected to my computer monitor therefore I am viewing close to the screen so I can be very objective regarding any quality improvements.

All I would say is that Microsoft should have included this HDMI cable with their very expensive console so that we the customer can get maximum performance / enjoyment from the console when using it.

I would recommend any discerning person who wants to get maximum quality images from their X Box to buy one of these cable today, you won't regret it.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2013 10:21 PM GMT

8 Classic Albums [Audio CD] Rosemary Clooney
8 Classic Albums [Audio CD] Rosemary Clooney

1.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff from Rosmary Clooney, 30 Oct. 2013
This is a fine collection of her work and the reproduction quality is second to none,unlike some of the other discs in this series of questionable "remaster enhancements". It is well worth every penny and a very worthwhile addition to anyone's CD collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2013 6:51 PM GMT

1.25m Double Interlock Stainless Steel Shower Hose with 10 yr guarantee
1.25m Double Interlock Stainless Steel Shower Hose with 10 yr guarantee
Offered by Plumbtap

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Piece of Kit, 13 Oct. 2013
This a quality item - excellent water tight seals and I can well believe the 10 year durability claim - I had cause to contact the seller and they were very helpful - highly recommended
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2013 1:05 PM GMT

Hot Water Bottle - Small Size Ideal for Children
Hot Water Bottle - Small Size Ideal for Children
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Quality, 5 April 2013
This is a fantastic little piece of kit - not only is it great quality but also being sold at an incredibly low price - I can't commend highly enough - well worth 5 stars

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4